KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books

Comic Books
Started by: Darth Vicious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Oh please post!! please!?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 07:26 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

When is the hardback coming out for da public, and is Nightwing in it?

made by verauko

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 01:10 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Alost every villain and ally is in it, thats why its sooo good!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 04:03 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Batman 617

This is it guys, for those of u that dont wish to see it i suggest u look away!

Attachment: batman 617a.jpg
This has been downloaded 48 time(s).

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 04:07 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Batman 617

Here it is, the villain revealed, comic books shock of the year!

Attachment: batman 617b.jpg
This has been downloaded 47 time(s).

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 04:10 PM
Metroplex

wonder how he survived??? I got the comic where he got blown up by the Joker and Batman buried him. Jason was full of rage as said in the pic of the post, but hegave up his life to save his mother. I wonder wy hes so pissed at Bats. Well looks like i have to get the next comic to figure out.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 02:44 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

eek! OH HOLY S---!! I can't believe IT!!! Wow.... eek! big grin Wow...I'm speechless, I HAVE to get that!!!!!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 07:40 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I told u it was good, that was Batman #617 the latest one, theres only 2 more issues of the "Hush" storyline by Jim Lee, and i too wondered how he survived and why they brung him back since i remember the fans voted to kill that Robin in the first place!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 02:33 PM
hayden's minx
Safe

Not to sound totally off topic but I like darkhorse comics.
BTW - Maverickice - loving the sig mmmm Shawn Ashmore.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 03:14 PM
hayden's minx is currently offline Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Dont Drakhorse has the Star Wars comics?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 07:57 PM
Mav
Can't think of one

Yo haven't you read where Ra la ya or whateva's Lazaureth Chambers are supposedly moved and used by a different person or something.

made by verauko

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 02:01 AM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

The Lazarus Pits, the ones that Ras Al gul uses i believe u r talking about, but i dont know much about Baman mythology only from the few comics that ive read and the animated series but in the comics say that once its used they cant be used by a different person or something like that!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 08:12 PM
Mav
Can't think of one

I thought that is was used to bring Jason Back to Life!

made by verauko

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 12:30 AM
Mav
Can't think of one

Theroies from Superhero Hype boards! It's awesome! eek!

okay, i have just read through the series thus far for a second time, taking notes on clues that i have found. understand, i think while there may be multiple people to this hush character, i mostly think it is thomas elliot, so dont be surprised if most of my clues relate to him. feel free to add anything of relevance that i missed. so here it is:

issus #609
after huntress rescues batman from crime alley, hush watches them from above.

HUSH: "without friends no one would chose to live. though he had all other goods."

to me 'though he had all other goods' is a direct reference to bruce. and as a child tommy was bruce's only friend.

Batman is out looking for killer croc when tommy comes to visit bruce (this is after tommy operated on bruce's fractured skull). alfred tells tommy that bruce is out looking for a lady.

TOMMY: as his surgeon and old friend tell him something for me? this is a dangerous game he is playing.
ALFRED: sir?
TOMMY: this going out and about when he should be home. alone. dangerous.

in this issue we learn tommy's father died. tommy became pissed at bruce because bruce promised him that his dad would save his dad.

after batman re-captures killer croc, hush watches from a rooftop. next to him on the roof top is a large sign made from cutout letters (you know like the hollywood sign) that spells 'ROBINS'

batman and superman track poison ivy down to the metropolis plaza.

batman (caption box): Metropolis Plaza. tommy and i stayed here as kids.

not necessarily saying tommy (if hush) orchestrated her to stay there, but i thought it should be mentioned.

bruce, selina, tommy, and leslie tompkins are at the opera. as the opera begins bruce and selina are still talking.

TOMMY: HUSH, you two! it's starting. i dont want to have to seperate you two.

After batman beats the crap out of joker, hush watches from a rooftop. At this point tommy is supposedly dead. Hush flips a scarred two-face like coin.

we learn tommy was killed with a GCPD issued 9mm glock.

Hush reveals himself to the joker as Harvey Dent and gets him bailed out of jail.

Batman kidnaps talia head from lex corp one jet. in a caption box he mentions that he is counting on reprocussions from luthor for this.

the vice president reports to luthor that they have confirmed it was batman on the plane, and asks if he wants to take any action about it. luthor responds with a devious smile on his face:

LUTHOR: Not yet.

Dent reveals to gordon that he is the one who called him and sent him to the alley that night batman beat up the joker, and that it was his revolver, that he returned to the department when retiring from commisioner, that shot tommy.

Ra's tells batman that one of the few remaining lazerus pits has been used, rendering it useless. then:

RA'S: Ask yourself detective, who in your life would wish to come back from the dead?

Hush refers to robin as 'pretender'

while huntress is affected by scarecrows gas, and fighting catwoman, this is what she says.

HUNTRESS: we didnt know.
CATWOMAN: we?
HUNTRESS: when we took the MONEY. for the bike. the equipment. the NEW UNIFORM. we checked the guy out. he was clean. the money was clean or we wouldn't have taken it. but...when they KILLED him, i knew it was all going to unravel.
CATWOMAN: huntress. i dont have the slightest idea what you're talking about.
HUNTRESS: I saved his life. not that he'd ever THANK me, but if i hadn't put him in the car...i KNEW he'd figure out me being near CRIME ALLEY was too coincidental. Tha i'd be the first one there. I'm not afraid of you.
CATWOMAN: are you...on something?
HUNTRESS: it's going to get worse before it gets better!
CATWOMAN: HUNTRESS! something has you out of your mind.
HUNTRESS: you cant take away what we are now.
CATWOMAN: im taking you down before you hurt anybody. including me.
HUNTRESS: no! we can stop them if we stop fighting.
CATWOMAN: huntress, i'll stop fighting when you start making sense. why cant you recognize me?
HUNTRESS: your me. you're what i used to be. what i cant be anymore. I am not afraid of you!

I think that dialogue reveals that huntress has something to do with all this, but it also raises many more questions.

Not sure if there is any relevance to the lyrics used but here is the lullaby the scarecrow sings:

SCARECROW: Hush little baby dont say a word mommas gonna buy you a mockingbird. and if that mockingbird dont sing, mommas gonna buy you a diamond ring. and if that diamond ring turns brass, mommas gonna buy you a looking glass. and if that looking glass gets broke, mommas gonna buy you a billy goat. and if that billy goat wont pull, mommas gonna buy you a cart and bull. and if that cart and bull turn over mommas gonna buy you a dog named rover. and if that dog named rover dont bark, mommas gonna buy you a horse and cart. and if tha thorse and cart fall, mommas gonna buy--

batman cuts him off. by this point scarecrow has already sprayed batman with his fear gas, but nothing he is not affected by it.

SCARECROW: I dont understand. my fear gas should have affected you. unless your mind has already been infected by another.

Hush reveals himself as Jason Todd.

Its hard to decipher all this. im probably missing clues, but so far everything i have gathered only confuses things, rather than clarify. i could make guesses about stuff, but i'm not going to. but in the 2 issues to come we are going to be seeing A LOT from large number of fore-mentioned players. huntress, jason, tommy (i think), luthor, possibly clay face, dent, maybe gordon, geez...i have no idea whats going on. feel free to add anything else that you have noticed, or any sense you can make of this.

Or this one which says a tommy two face partnership.

Ok, The Villians cover to #619 shows Clayface, however looking at it the doesn't appear to be an image of Jason Todd. (This is also quite possibly due to the fact that the images were purposely leaked prior to the release of #617 with its shock conclusion). However if this is the cover that DC is running with, don't you think its weird that a player as central as Jason is to this story line is missing.

Also if it is showing Clayface, this indicates to me at least that he is yet to make an appearance (in his true form at least). Its going to be hard to bring Clayface in now and a new player, so imagine that he has been there all along. Who has he been impersonating? Theres a few options -

(1) Catwoman - thats kind of a gross out for starters and it doesn't seem like DC would have its core character kissing another guy (despite how foxy he/she looks)

(2) Alfred - Crap, but i thought I should through it up in the air before someone else did.

(3) Jason Todd - Yep, its a possibility. But if this is the case, I think that he has also been impersonating someone else.

Which leaves us with two other possible characters Clayface has been impersonating-

(4) Tommy Elliot. Obvious I know. I don't think so. I've never quite got Tommy's role in the story. If Hush does turn out to be Tommy, I'll be disappointed because it's so damn obvious (so much time was dedicated to him). Or Tommy could turn out to be a huge red herring.

(5) Harvey Dent - Whats to say Clayface hasn't taken on the form of the reformed Harvey Dent. Why? i'll get to that in a second. This explains the bandages. They weren't from Harvey's surgery, they're to cover up the fact that Clauface can't stay in another form for too long.

Clayface isn't a smart guy right.` Which means he's being manipulated. But by whom? I conclude that the orchestrator behind this all is ........ Two - face.

Why?

Two-Face has played prominent roles in Loeb's tales before.

He's manipulated all the villians throughout the storyline, something the real Harvey's cunning mind is capable of.

Two Hush's? Sounds like the work of Two-face don't you think?

But, how did harvey realise that Batman was Bruce Wayne? Simple - Tommy Elliot!

Tommy has known Bruce was Batman for years, after becoming obsessed with his former friend. His motive - He blames Thomas wayne for the death of his father. Bruce got an extra couple of years with his parents that Tommy missed out on, so he wants revenge. He's waited until the time was right, and then employs Two-face as his accomplice under the condition that once batman is dealt with, he will restore harvey's face.

Tommy and Harvey set up Tommy's "death" together. Yes he was almost dead (he took a drug that made it seem that way), but Two face revived him in the lazarus Pit.

So through Tommy's knowledge of bruce being Bats (years of obsessing led him to putting it all together), he naturally realised that Jason todd was robin. After learning of Jason's death, Tommy finally decided to take action, planning for quite sometime how he would bring down Batman, or more importantly - Bruce Wayne.

Why do I think this? It's the perfect scape goat for DC - They still get the wow factor of a reformed Harvey and revived Jason, but will take it back over the next 2 issues to avoid ongoing negative feedback. Anyhow, that's just my little theory.

Cool huh.

made by verauko

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 10:08 PM
Metroplex

I think that it can be both JAson and Two Face. Like when Hush took off his bandages and revealed to Joker that he is Harvey Dent and when some othe Hush reveals that he is Jason.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 10:49 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Its funny because when i read BM 617 i realized that through the whole "Hush" storyline the kept making references to Jason Todd and for some reason i keep thinking that Tommy Elliot its still alive, so its m believe that it is him that orchestrated everything because think about it someone mustve put Jason Todd in the Lazarus Pit because while its plaussible that he couldve survived(doubtful) the explosion theres no way he couldve gotten to a Lazarus pit by himself, so someone took him there and brainwashed his mind over the years and who better to bring someone to life than a doctor and who better to brainwash somebody close to Batman than someone that knows Batman as long as tommy Elliot and i also think they revealed who Hush was too early because to me if it was only jason todd they wouldve waitted for the last 2 issues so in my opinion theres someone orchestrating all of it and if it aint Tommy Elliot its someone else!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 12:56 AM
Metroplex

I think it would be pretty stupid to make Tommy Hush since he was only introduced during the whole Hush thing. But now that i look at it, i think that it is a possibility since during the comic, Bruce had a lot of Flash backs of his days with Tommy. In one part, Tommy said "You have to think like your enemies to beat them" when they were playing a game. Also he blamed Bruce for telling him that his Dad will be okay when his parents were in the car accident, but it turned out that Bruce's dad couldnt save Tommy's dad. So i guess that Tommy probably didnt get over that. but it would be pretty stupid story.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 10:30 PM
Eat My Ass

Superman fights Doomsday and dies is just a classic, and an epic at that

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 04:15 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

i'm obsessed by the x-men comics and thor comics and all i want to read are the comics that stan lee did for x-men which were only 6 or 7 comic books

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 09:37 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

does anyone know the name of this series im looking for, it was the marvel universe all the marvel heros were involved and some died, i believe it was only about four isseues long i lost them with my stolen comics and i forgot the name and am trying to get them back but i forget the name

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 05:23 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote