KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » OK..

OK..
Started by: Jedi Mercenary

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

OK..

After EJ is out, am I on the council? You said I was next in line.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 05:10 AM
Jedi Mercenary is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Ummm, no I didn't.
To become a JC Member is by invitation only.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 05:29 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

But, that's what UBH said.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 05:32 AM
Jedi Mercenary is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Do you seek invitations, or wait for them to come your way? I'm planning to stick around here for quite a while...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 05:36 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

OK, as thew newest member of the JC I guess I can explain this.

A list of nominees is formulated. Not sure how that bit works but once all the nominees are in a vote is held and the person with most votes is then brought into the JC.

Generally, if you ask then it's like the old saying.

Those who ask don't tend to get. Obviously the JC needs reguar and committed posters well.

I'm sure Raz or Dim can add to this, but that was my experience.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 05:42 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Well, I think you covered it... Members are voted in by the council, not handpicked by Raz. (that's how he set it up smile )

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 11:08 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Do the nominees have a say in this? Or are they forced to join? laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 5th, 2001 05:40 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Interesting question. I can only speak for my experience which was that I was not aware that I was being voted on, or who the other nominees were until I recieved an email from Raz to inform me on my success.

Of course, I then spent 3 hours trawling the JC to see who I'd been up against and catching upm on all the other stuff... None of which I can reveal here I'm afraid. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 5th, 2001 04:49 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Here's Gundark, stomping into the suggestions forum...laughing out loud

First of all, glad to hear you're gonna be around for awhile, Ush. Always nice to have another regular regular. smile

If JC has any good recipes in there, RC, I'll get them out of you one way or another ! laughing out loud

And finally, Merc....It sounds to me the way Raz has JC set up is fair and square. Voting is the fairest way to admit new council members. IMHO OC. smile

Old Post Mar 6th, 2001 07:07 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hmmmm, recipes for disaster maybe. That should suit you and queeqy right down to the ground.laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 6th, 2001 04:10 PM
queeq
Chaos

Nope, those recipes we can make ourselves pretty well. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 6th, 2001 09:31 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don't understand how you lose the regulars, especially as speculation can only get better as the film approaches... people, eh? Just what was it with Merc and Evil Jedi? I mean, they were such high-flyers when I first joined up! I guess it's true what they say about heroes...

I can trawl around my friends to try and get some more regulars in. That is alright, sin't it? The more the merrier, I guess.

Incidentally, is anyone else worried that the GDF will soon have more posts than the Eps 2 and 3 forum? Perhaps some suggestions for making the main forum more vibrant would be a good idea.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 7th, 2001 03:45 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think the GDF has more posts because, as in life, Star wars is not the only thing people talk about.

As for Merc and EJ, I would suggest that you don't touch that one with a 10 mfoot poll. Too many bad vibes in there all together.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2001 03:58 AM
queeq
Chaos

I have a suggestion to make the Ep2/3 forum more vibrant. But it's for GL: GIVE US MORE SPOILERS AND MORE PICS! laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 9th, 2001 03:47 AM
Dim
Creativity

I do think we need to pick it up in the EP2&3 forum...not that I'm the best at paying attention laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 9th, 2001 08:39 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Never a truer word was said....

Old Post Mar 9th, 2001 02:01 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

ALl I know is that when I kicked off here, the Ep 2&3 forum was much larger than GDF. Now they are almost the same size, and GDF is growing far more rapidly. Balance has been lost... thought for better or worse I cannot tell.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 10th, 2001 02:06 AM
queeq
Chaos

Thanks for the balance compliment, I try harder. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 12th, 2001 05:14 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

Okay....back to the whole issue of how the JC is selected. I was just wondering if its just number of posts that are considered? That just seems to be the way it goes. Or is it quality of posts and do you have to be a Master? Does time spent here get considered? Just cause I have been here in one form or another since September just under the name Jedimaster3838 and I had nearly 500 or so posts. And while, I am not taking anything away from Queeq and Gundark I was just curious smile Anyhoo, any answers would be nice. Thanks.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2001 08:33 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote