KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » More problems.... sorry

More problems.... sorry
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

More problems.... sorry

Sorry to bother you again, Oh Great and Mighty Raz. But I have troubles opening pages. It often just stays black. It helps to have every paged fully loaded with all the pic before selecting another, but that's not even full proof.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2001 04:43 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

I was recently having the same problem, but it seems to have gone away at the moment. According to the EZboard support forums, they are aware of this problem, and are currently working on a fix. For a temporary remedy, just hit the refresh button.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2001 05:47 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I still have it. Sorry.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 03:58 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

So do I..*grumbles* stupid version 6.0

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 10:55 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

They need to quit updating. mad

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 11:06 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

We're still on version 5.9, buts its a beta. I've started to get the blank pages again *sigh*

They said they were having problems with the new servers....I'm not sure we can really do anything.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 10:38 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

*refresh - wait - refresh - wait - refresh - wait - refresh - wait - refresh - YES!!!!*

Hope this ends soon.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 12:35 AM
Ratcat

And there's me on my crappy little 56k modem, not a problem to be seen here!!!!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 03:09 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I'm on a 56k modem as well and only this board's giving me trouble. Guess it's personal now. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 04:54 AM
Ratcat

You on Netscape or Internet Explorer? I have all sorts of viewing problems with netscape which is why I never use it now.

And you seem to think everything is personal. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 05:09 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Internet Explorer. But it's true though, only this boards goes extremely slow at times. But the black pages thing seem to be over now.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 06:53 PM
Ratcat

I have to say that I had this too over the last few days and if I hit the stop button the board appears but it seems it's all the crud at the bottom that's killing the download times.

Maybe some of the ads need to go.... They're not all ezboard now are they....

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 07:15 PM
queeq
Chaos

Maybe all these graphics Dim made are too much, like our spectacular sigs. But then I'm not a webmaster so I don't know.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 08:52 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

The graphics at the bottom have no affect on the table rendering.....obviously.
The most likely problems are all the broken links to signatures, and the slow servers that are hosting them........which is delaying the table rendering. This is because the browser doesn't know the size of the pic it should render!
Basically it would help tremendously if you could add the width and height attributes to your images in your sigs.

Also I've notice the speed pickup on the boards, and the black pages gone....its about time!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 05:16 PM
Ratcat

Hmmm, that wouldn't explain why when you hit the stop button the tables are there, with the sigs but the ads aren't... I agree about the slow servers for some sigs. Any that I host should be pretty fast as they are either on FNN (GlobalNet servers) or LineOne who both have MAJOR links into Telehouse and the main transatlantic backbones.

I think in the cold analysis, the problems are to do with the Ezboard ISPs as indicated in their help forums and the fact that we have a lot of other stuff coming in from the sig files, and other areas just aggrivates an already unacceptable performance level.

It certainly has speeded up tonight, which is inline with the notice exboard posted about work they were to undertake with their ISP. IWe know that up until last week things were not this bad and their are no more sig files now than there were then and no more ads than there were then. I guess it's just a case of being patient with Ezboard.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2001 05:59 AM