KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Rap Sucks, Rock Rocks

whats your favorite type of music
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
ROCK 40 70.18%
RAP/R&B/HIP HOP 14 24.56%
POP 1 1.75%
JAZZ 2 3.51%
COUNTRY 0 0%
CLASSICAL 0 0%
Total: 57 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rap Sucks, Rock Rocks
Started by: sk8stuff09

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hayden's minx
Safe

BTW - Slipknot = Slipshit.
Listen to a good variety of music:
Ash, Bloodhound Gang, The Coral, The Thrills, Grateful Dead, Led Zepplin, ACDC, Sublime, Richard Ashcroft, Bush, Wheezer, the verve, Ocean colour scene, Greenday, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Thrills, Foo Fighters, Jamiroquai, Rob Zombie, NWA, hole, Jimi Hendrix, Lenny Kravitz, Murder music Inc, and more.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 07:21 PM
hayden's minx is currently offline Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i like: helmet, chevelle, metallica, danzig, butthole surfers, the melvyns, the pretenders, my life with the thrill kill cult, foo fighters, nirvana, audio slave, rollins band.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 08:11 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
le_sainte
MILANISTA

wut about reggae?!
laughing out loud

Now ... Bring me that horizon. Na-na-na-ne-ne-na-da-da-de-da ... And really bad eggs, drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

That's what a ship really is, you know - not a keel and a hold and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs - but what a ship is, what the Black Pearl really is, is freedom.
Ragetti: Bootstraps’
bootstraps.

CJS - Human hair ... From me back!
And then they made me thier chief ...
Ragetti: This is just like what the Greeks done at Troy. 'Cept they was in a horse instead 'o dresses. Wooden 'orse ... You look pretty

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 09:18 PM
le_sainte is currently offline Click here to Send le_sainte a Private Message Find more posts by le_sainte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sk8stuff09

ok, ok, i admit it, SOME rap is ok, but i like rock. oh, and usually rappers dont have much talent. u usually dont see them playing and instrument. just talking into a microphone with a dj in the background....

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 01:55 PM
sk8stuff09 is currently offline Click here to Send sk8stuff09 a Private Message Find more posts by sk8stuff09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

ok ok i admit SOME rock is ok...actually no. Rock sux (my opinion). I only listen to rap...and sometimes classical music.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 09:19 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Actually some of todays music has become the infusion of rap & rock, Limp Bizkit,Linkin Park are just two well known rock groups that have endorsed lyrical rhyiming (sp) similar to that of Eminem and The Beastie Boys the same works in reverse Bands like N*E*R*D encompass guitars and drums into certain videos (i.e Rockstar) to give it that rock effect, much down to the guitar solos, much so this song was a favourite on the rock only music channels, The Executioners and P-Diddy have also infused rock into certain of there songs with the arrival of members from Linkin Park,Static X,Blink 182 & Janes Addiction,anyone who has heard of the punk band The Transplants will know they use rap (similar to that of Eminem) in certain song segments i expext this fusion to fuse even tighter together as time goes on, And who cannot forget the biggest rap,rock infusion of them all Aerosmith and RUN DMC,two masters of there respected genres together in one of the most innovative combos in music history.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Last edited by wicker_man on Aug 1st, 2003 at 10:02 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 09:58 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Hey, hockey, How many times are you going to post the same post?
Rap, Classical music...yeah we got it

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 09:59 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

as much as i want...

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 05:08 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

Linkin Park and Limp Biscuit are pure shite

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 01:14 PM
hayden's minx is currently offline Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Hiya Minxy, long time no...... errrrr write.

I like LP, although the 1st album was much better than the recent one. Limp Bizcrap are just plain awful, I can't see the attraction at all to that train wreck of an album.

I'm buying the Kings of Leon and the Coral album next Friday. cool

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 02:26 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

In my opinion, here are the whackest kats in their respective field;

Rock: limp bizkit. korn (now), Linkin Park, No Doubt
rap: Nelly, Black Eyed Peas, Stagga Lee
anything else: Rick Braun, Rick Braun, and ummmm Rick Braun

NERD is kinda whack, except for they have top notch production and I just like them...

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 06:08 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil-X
The Fear Of Not Knowing

Rap is good, everyone who says raps sucks, are just jealous, and mad because they can't get down with the real shit.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 03:01 PM
Evil-X is currently offline Click here to Send Evil-X a Private Message Find more posts by Evil-X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i agree rap ownz

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 04:19 PM
Zebra 3
Striped Tomato

Except for rap, I like all kinds of good music, but I do favour classic rock.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 04:40 AM
Zebra 3 is currently offline Click here to Send Zebra 3 a Private Message Find more posts by Zebra 3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

Depending on how you feel...Some people like Rap and some people like Pop...In my words Rap is pointless except for the talent of LINKIN PARK---You can not understand what the hell these people are saying (I am not talking about Linkin Park here) I am talking about those other crappy Rap artists that think their music is music __NOW COME ON PEOPLE... laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 05:16 AM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

oh you got to be kiddin son

quote:
Originally posted by royal_jester
Depending on how you feel...Some people like Rap and some people like Pop...In my words Rap is pointless except for the talent of LINKIN PARK---You can not understand what the hell these people are saying (I am not talking about Linkin Park here) I am talking about those other crappy Rap artists that think their music is music __NOW COME ON PEOPLE... laughing out loud

are...you...serious? You have to be kidding!?! Linkin Park? Their MC isn't shitty, but he can't even hold a candle to Nelly. And Nelly sux! I've heard middle schoolers come up with music that has more depth and imagination than Linkin Parks WHACK ASS TRACKS. Linkin Park has like all the bad aspects of Rock Rap and Pop. And don't even get me started on their whiny ass singer...

but hey thats your opinion your entitled

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 06:03 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sk8stuff09

I THINK PUNK ROCK IS AWESOME...YEAH, IT DOESNT TAKE MUCH TO BE A RAPPER...U DONT NEED MUCH TALENT..WELL, THE NEW STUFF LIKE 50 CENT AND LUDACRIS IS JUST TRASH CUZ THEY R A BUNCH OF POT HEADS, BUT THE OLDER R&B AND BLUES IS COOL!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 02:21 PM
sk8stuff09 is currently offline Click here to Send sk8stuff09 a Private Message Find more posts by sk8stuff09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Hey Man! I agree with you on the 50 cent thing, but Ludacris is hilarious. He's not rappin about more than sex, drugs, and rap, but he does it with an entertaining faculty that few other rappers have. To put it bluntly Ludacris is just, well,...so Ludicrous.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 04:09 PM
hayden's minx
Safe

Yup Kings of Leon are pretty sound - hey Mechmoggy - did i say i nearly got to go see the thrills? got cancelled though sad - and now i'm here so i can't go to a different gig. sad

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 06:10 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

The Thrills are top notch, their album's getting a lot of playing in my car in this hot weather we're having here in Blighty.

Also the Yeah Yeah Yeahs album is back in my car, it rocks! cool

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 06:49 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote