KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Warning! Major Spiderman Possible Spoiler About Peter Parker And M.j.!!!

Warning! Major Spiderman Possible Spoiler About Peter Parker And M.j.!!!
Started by: goatboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
goatboy

Warning! Major Spiderman Possible Spoiler About Peter Parker And M.j.!!!

Well... This is my first post, so I think I'll make it a good one!

Am I the only one who has picked up on this? By the end of the first Spiderman movie M.J. ALREADY KNOWS PETER PARKER IS SPIDERMAN!!

Notice the final scene between M.J. and Peter Parker in the movie. What happens is:

-M.J. confesses to Parker that she loves him.
-M.J. Kisses Parker (Remember...she HAS kissed Spiderman before)
-Parker thinks about how much he loves her and wants to be with her.
-Parker tell her that he only be her friend and leaves.
-M.J. starts crying.
-M.J.'s face freezes as if she realises something, and, with an expression that implies a sudden realisation, turns to look carefully at Peter Parker... She now knows he is Spiderman!

Of course, you may say that this is only speculation, but bear something else in mind...It also happens in the comic book!

In the comic M.J. confesses to Peter Parker that she has known that he is Spiderman for quite some time, and then proceeds to dump him by telling him that the fact that he didn't trust her enough to confide in her hurt her very much!

Sam Raimi has been very loyal to the source material so far, and there is no reason for him not to go according to the comic book, especiallysince it's one of the book's coolest and most memorable moment. It also gives M.J. (and Kirsten Dunst) the opportunity to stand out and prove that she much more than merely a pretty damsel-in-distress, a sensitive smart person that actually notices what goes on around her...

A final point... I think the main reason he hasn't commented on this on the commentary of the Spiderman DVD is because it is such a big plot point that will possibly play a major part in the second movie.

So....What do you guys think?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 05:04 PM
goatboy is currently offline Click here to Send goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by goatboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Hhhmmm Can't remember that scene very well to actually comment but doesn't that (kiss the guy, kiss the hero, hey it's the same) happen in a Superman movie blink And it defenatly happens in a Batman movie messed

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 05:12 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goatboy

Yep... It happens in Superman II, and in Batman Forever...And in both they actually realised that it is the same...

It's a cliche but, as I said, MJ confessing to Peter that she already knows he is Spiderman, and then dumping him for not trusting her, is one of the comic book's most memorable moment's and there is no reason why Raimy won't stick to the book.

The fact that she dumps him will probably make the movie different from the Superman and Batman movies...In there the heroes actually get the girl... Spiderman winds up being alone... again...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 05:51 PM
goatboy is currently offline Click here to Send goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by goatboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Well they're not dating.
But I guess it's possible that she knowswink

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 06:09 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

She might have figured it out, but I hope not...

I wanna see some more close calls for Peter, I find it funny

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 08:43 PM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goatboy

Actually, in the comic book, Peter Parker went through ridiculous lengths to hide his identity from M.J.... and he had plenty of close calls, some of which were pretty hilarious. But, in the end, it was all for nothing because M.J. already knew! She was just waiting for Peter to open up and confide in her. And then of course leaves Peter because he didn't.

I am sure Sam Raimi will follow the comic book legacy and do it like this, especially since he dropped a hint that M.J. realises Parker is Spiderman in the end of the first movie. For those that have not read the comic book, and those that didn't pay attention to the first movie (instead spotting the various directorial mistakes...) it will come as a shock and will add an interesting twist to the film...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 01:10 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I didn't think it was a spoiler as such, I thought everyone had noticed that little bit of realisation on MJ's face at the end.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 01:57 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Yeah it was pretty noticeable.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 08:19 PM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i'm glad that spider-man is being directed by a true spider-man fan. i would have hated it if he weren't, like with james cameron's original treatment of the script for movie one. (it was going to have electro and sandman.) plus, it could have ended up like daredevil, those people did not know what they were doing with that story, clearly. i still can't believe there's going to be a sequel to that! the story and scenes were shitty/choppy why make another? argh! i can't wait for spidey 2! i've seen set pictures/scenes, what doc oct looks like, and the doc oct scene.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 10:33 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laura4Owen

I think what his idea was is really good!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 07:34 PM
Laura4Owen is currently offline Click here to Send Laura4Owen a Private Message Find more posts by Laura4Owen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
... like daredevil, those people did not know what they were doing with that story, clearly. i still can't believe there's going to be a sequel to that! the story and scenes were shitty/choppy why make another? ...

Maybe to redime (sp) themselfs?blink

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 08:45 PM
goatboy

Actually Daredevil WAS directed by a fan (Michael Clarke Duncan is a very big Daredevil fan, and so is Ben Affleck). I actually kind of liked the Daredevil movie, even though I thought it was inferior to the Spiderman one. They followed Frank Miller's script passionately, and they showed great respect for the source material (unlike the other comic book movie that's out now... The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen).

However the difference between Raimi and Duncan is that Raimi is a fulfilled visual artist and director in his own right! Raimi knows how to make a movie exciting, and the changes he made to the original Spiderman story (such as the wrestling announcer coming up with the name... I thought it a great touch!), actually were for the better. Raimi has plenty of experience in movies and what makes them exciting, and it shows!

Duncan may have respect for Daredevil, but he dares not make changes, and he is developing as a director. He DID get some parts right though (Colin Farel as Bullseye was amazing). Hopefully he is the type to learn from his mistakes, and he will make a better movie next time!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 08:22 PM
chica16
chica

daredevil was not necessary... daredevil 2 is a crazy idea... no need whatsoever

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 08:29 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I thought they could have done better with DareDevil, but it wasn't terrible in my opinion. It just needed something...more, I'm not quite sure what yet.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 08:57 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

kes: do you mean "redeem" as in from redemption?

goatboy: okay! then i blame the script writer and director!

demonicgambit: right on!

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 11:04 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dinoman200

I didn't even bother seeing Dare Devil. i was never A big fan. Spider man however is the best superhero of all time, I think there will be a total of at least four movies with it

dinoman 200

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 05:28 PM
dinoman200 is currently offline Click here to Send dinoman200 a Private Message Find more posts by dinoman200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

In my opinion i think her expression was that she was shocked that he wanted to be just friends, since in the hospital be basically confessed how he felt towards her and after the battle in the bridge she told him that when she was in danger she was thinking in Peter and not in Spidey, i really dont think she knows but maybe im wrong.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 12:56 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goatboy

She was already crying because of that fact... THEN the realisation hit her. She wouldn't look at Peter like that if it was only an emotional moment. She looked at him as if she realised something...

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 10:24 AM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
kes: do you mean "redeem" as in from redemption?

goatboy: okay! then i blame the script writer and director!

demonicgambit: right on!

Yes. Thanks.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 02:27 PM
username39120jo
I'm only a little big!

hey y'all don't forget about when peter says to mary-jane in front of the coffee shop: "I was in the neighborhood" and then later when spider-man saves mj he says " I was in the neighborhood" . She notices that and kinda relizes it. they even comment on that in the commentary.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 01:38 AM
username39120jo is currently offline Click here to Send username39120jo a Private Message Find more posts by username39120jo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote