KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » New Lord of the Rings Game ready to go soon! Interested players- sign up here!

New Lord of the Rings Game ready to go soon! Interested players- sign up here!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

New Lord of the Rings Game ready to go soon! Interested players- sign up here!

Play after the end of the first part of my Lord of the Rings game was given a break for a while; I have been busy with a whole lot of stuff and everyone was on holiday, and so forth. Everyone is now back but I am just giving this game- especially the showpiece fight which will be the biggest darn thing I have ever attempted here, this time DEFINITELY with maps and everything- a little more time for preperation.

The game will be ready to start soon, however, and I think I shall start recruitment from scratch to get a good idea of who will be involved.

In the year 1972 of the Third Age, the great Human Kingdom of Arnor is nearing total collapse. Long ago split into three parts, one third of it, Rhudaur, has been occupied by the enemy for centuries. Another third, Cardolan, has been shattered and torn to pieces. Only Arthedain, under the great King Arvedui (truest descendant of Isildur), holds out. Arthedain's borders are heavily fortified and the Kingdom remains safe. But the dreaded Witch-King of the mountain kingdom Angmar, who over the centuries has smashed down Arnor from the greatest of all Kingdoms to its present ruin, has armies that have become vast almost beyond imagining, growing every day. When the strike comes, it will be the death blow for all of Arnor.

Arvedui knows this is the end of his Kingdom- it was long prophecised, as was his name (meaning the Last King). Arthedain is alone, seemingly forsaken by its allies; the Gondorians down south are haughty and uncaring, and only the efforts of its sympathetic King have caused even the most spurious aid to be sent northwards. Elrond's Elves have ceased their watch on Angmar, and no help comes from Rivendell now. The other forces of man are weak, and divided. It seems there can be no hope for Arthedain.

Yet King Arvedui, advised by Gandalf the Grey, has a plan that will beat both the prophecy and defeat the Witch-King. He prepares to turn his attention to Cardolan. Cardolan is a lost cause, already finished, a waste of time and resources for the badly over-stretched Arthedain, the suffering of its people something Arthedain has been powerless to prevent. But Arvedui sees hope in Cardolan. Its western half is almost intact. If the scattered Lords and peoples of Cardolan can be persuaded to accept Arvedui as their King, then Arthedain and Cardolan will re-unite into the new, re-born Kingdom of Arnor. Arvedui will no longer be the Last King, but the First King of the new Kingdom. And if this Kingdom can hold, the show of unity will be a rallying point for the free peoples of Middle-Earth to come together and take on the Witch-King as one.

Now his plan comes into action. A Cardolani Lord holds the best hope for starting Arvedui's new alliance. But persuading the Cardolani people- long forsaken, and suspicious of Arvedui, will be hard. Arvedui therefore sends, with his own people, a group of diverse outsiders- Elves from Rivendell, Dwarves from the Mountain, humans from the world over, maybe even Hobbits; people who have come to Fornost and sympathise with their plight. These are the players, and their job is to demonstrate to the people of Cardolan that this is no attempt at diplomatic conquest by Arvedui, but the realising of a vision where all are united against the darkness.

But the Witch-King has somehow predicted Arvedui's move. Dark things are happening in Cardolan, and what should be a simple piece of diplomacy turns into a desperate war to keep Arvedui's fledgling hope alive, in which only the efforts of the players can possibly prevail...

Part two of my Lord of the Rings story, The Fortress of Baronar, all set entirely inside Tolkien's published works and continuity, is starting soon! Anyone interested in playing, let me know here!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 25th, 2003 at 12:07 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 09:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well..i'm in

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 10:10 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good, 'cos you are vital.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 10:12 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

big grin ....
why?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 10:19 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There may be a Dexx-o-centric part of this story...

BtVS

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 10:29 PM
Dexx
wingless

oh...the link with imladris adn elrond

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 11:38 PM
REXXXX
Networking

And other crap...

Talin returns!

1972, eh?

*brings out the funky dwarf disco suit and big shiny glasses*

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 12:03 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

hehe..wanted to say something similar

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 12:04 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Being an Elf yes, but also being an Animist, is the important bit for you, Dexx.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 12:07 AM
Dexx
wingless

mmm...healing? You're gonna give me wounded?smile

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 12:15 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, you'll see.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 12:20 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Hey, I'm more important, I've got a bag of herbs! big grin

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 12:22 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

naah...it's probably cinamon

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 12:26 AM
sanoschicky69
Sanos Chicky

laughing out loud
cinnamon..yum....i guess im intrested

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 01:11 AM
sanoschicky69 is currently offline Click here to Send sanoschicky69 a Private Message Find more posts by sanoschicky69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Cinnamon my ass, Dexx.

Welcome Sanoschicky69! smile

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 09:34 PM
sanoschicky69
Sanos Chicky

thank ya. wink wink wink

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 12:09 AM
sanoschicky69 is currently offline Click here to Send sanoschicky69 a Private Message Find more posts by sanoschicky69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hello Sanos! Does your interest stretch as far as reading tyhe background threads and making a character?

BtVS

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 12:58 AM
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

mine does. im not sure if im going to sign up, but ill read. i love LOTR ive read all the books so im excited about maybe playing in an adventure.

what does the character's specifications need to be.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 01:12 AM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Castor
Castor, Natural

I love LOTR, and if i could be an elf then I'd gladly join in on the Tolkien fun.

"Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 01:31 AM
Castor is currently offline Click here to Send Castor a Private Message Find more posts by Castor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

i want to be a human

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 02:17 AM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote