KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » New Lord of the Rings Game ready to go soon! Interested players- sign up here!

New Lord of the Rings Game ready to go soon! Interested players- sign up here!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Londe
*~Lover Girl~*

Can I join, if I can then what all do I need to do? Anything I need to read or create. And if I can join can i be an elf?

*Lord of the Rings Rawks!*

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 07:27 PM
Londe is currently offline Click here to Send Londe a Private Message Find more posts by Londe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes you can, yes you can, wait a few days and there will be more gumf up for you!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 08:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Castor
Castor, Natural

hmm maybe ill bust in too..

"Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 08:38 PM
Castor is currently offline Click here to Send Castor a Private Message Find more posts by Castor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blimey! Ok... I am just tinkering with the system right now. It looks nore complex than the Matrix but once you make the initial effort the actual fighting is a lot simpler.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 08:52 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, here is the new version of character creation for you guys!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t23876.html

It looks complex, I know, but with a little time and help you will get the hang in no time.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 03:58 PM
PippinTook
Billeh <3

Okay, this is the first time I've ever come to this thread....confused

Is it okay if I join in on the LOTR RPG? smile If so, is there anything I need to read besides the character creation page you posted, Ush? And I didn't read the rest of these pages (I'm really tired at the moment), so I don't know if I can be a hobbit or not....Can I?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:07 AM
PippinTook is currently offline Click here to Send PippinTook a Private Message Find more posts by PippinTook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

You could, but I would advise against it. Expecially for a rookie RPG-er. What we really need are some Warriors. I would suggest that you check out the actual game thread just to see how the game is played.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:11 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Whilst it is hard to have an excess of Warriors on an LOTR group, anything that isn't an Elf right now is handy to me; Hobbits do actually have a role to play, if you can believe that...

However, as ever, no-one can join during the current fight. So I will happily help out, PT, if you don't mind being patient.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 06:07 PM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Hobbits are good thieves big grin I could be a human soldier when your ready big grin

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 06:27 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

II want to join...

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 07:50 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Ok I read everything and dont understand ANY OF IT. So can somebody help me sad

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 08:04 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Its very confusing. PM Fire, he understands the whole system.
I sure dont.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 11:12 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Maybe I should better ask ushgarak?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 11:26 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Also I see that you need some Non-Elf chars? Well I plan on being a Human stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 11:27 PM
PippinTook
Billeh <3

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Whilst it is hard to have an excess of Warriors on an LOTR group, anything that isn't an Elf right now is handy to me; Hobbits do actually have a role to play, if you can believe that...

However, as ever, no-one can join during the current fight. So I will happily help out, PT, if you don't mind being patient.

Thanks, Ush stick out tongue And I don't mind being patient smile Just tell me when I can join.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:13 AM
PippinTook is currently offline Click here to Send PippinTook a Private Message Find more posts by PippinTook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Tell me if this is right, please:

Damion Harmir

I'll add +5 to intuition and +5 to agility.

Damion is a Ranger so, his constitution is +10 off the bat.

Racial origin is Man/Eotheod so +5 to strength and 5 background points.

So, added stats are:

Unarmoured- 5(+5 agility)= 15
Rigid Leather- 5(+5 agility)(-30 encumberance)= -20
Chain- 10(+5 strength)(-45 encumberance)= -30
One-handed edged weapons- 10(+5 strength)= 15
Missile Weapons- 5(+5 agility)= 10
Pole-arms- 5(+5 strength)= 10
Ride- 40= 40
Swim- 5 (?)
Perception- 5
Stamina- 12(+10 constitution)= 22

And now I'm kinda lost...

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 02:31 AM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

didn't know this was at the D&D level messed aaaahhhh thats scary calculations messed

Constitution
Intellegence
Wisdom
Dexterity
Strength
Charisma

messed

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:27 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Those aren't the stats! It's not D&D.

Well, what you have done so far is absolutely fine, Xeous. How would you define yourself conceptwise, btw? An Eothian Ranger isn't going to be like Aragorn.

Pippin, you can help prepare things in advance by working out what sort of character you want to be; when it comes to making one that will speed things up if you have a concept in mind.

Tidus, character creation in this system is indeed an involved process. But the good news is that once you are done, playing is actually very simple.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 09:16 AM
xeous
The Next.

What do you mean by "Won't be like Aragorn"? And how many "Aragorn like" characters are there in the game right now? What are you actually in need of is kinda what I'm asking.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 01:53 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Because Aragorn is kinda what you first think of when you say 'Ranger'; the whole 'Wilderness Warrior' type thing.

An Eothian Ranger is far more likely to be some sort of military scout.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 12:46 PM