KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » some PROOF that the real world is just the matrix!

some PROOF that the real world is just the matrix!
Started by: KidRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KidRock

some PROOF that the real world is just the matrix!

hey im no where near a Matrix buff I also dont know a lot about the matrix but i was just thinking about this. Maybe the real world is part of the matrix. In number 1 when Trinity did all the hacking and neo asked her about it in the club??? WELL it must be hard to be such a good hacker and not get caught unless your in the matrix and have a operator just send you all the hacking tequniqes and such so that might be some proof that the real world is actually another shell in the matrix! sound good??? I dont know just give me comments/flames/ect thanks

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 02:32 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

I dont really understand your point. Can you explain a little bit???

But i will try to take a shot and comment. In the real world, that we live in. hackers are caught because the government uses other hackers to block and find them. I saw this on TLC the learning chanel.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 02:36 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

if you're talking about the MWAM theory, i just don't buy it. simply because it's the most obvious answer. everyone's thought of it, so it can't be the same thing the w.bros have cooking.

if you're talking about the real real world--as in our world outside of the movies--being a matrix . . . well that's even less likely.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 03:49 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

no lol i mean the world inside of the matrix like "neos" real world but where like Trinity does all that hacking in the "real world" would she be that smart? maybe not

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 04:01 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

no i dont think so some how

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 10:59 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

highly unlikely. So trinity's actually undercover from an even higher matrix..you say.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 12:18 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

how many bloody matrixes r there!!!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 12:28 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

There are so many that the humans will never win, the machines have created millions upon millions of matrices, that the humans will never be able to escape!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!....

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 03:52 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

There is only one Matrix!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 03:58 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

that's the most probable solution.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 06:17 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Seth-Gecko
Shidoshi

anyone notice that in the matrix, everything has a green tint to it? Well how about the real world, everythin has a Blue tint. Whats the deal there?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 06:21 PM
Seth-Gecko is currently offline Find more posts by Seth-Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

So you, the confused movie-goer, can tell the two apart?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 01:42 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ericman1939

although our government does hide stuff if u pull out a history book. They try to keep stuff from us. but who knows?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 08:46 PM
ericman1939 is currently offline Click here to Send ericman1939 a Private Message Find more posts by ericman1939 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

i agree w/ nickjs21...... it's too obvious and such a lame way to end this trilogy

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 09:31 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

In the last animatrix story, i forgot whats it called, the scientist talks to the girl and they talk about the real world being just another simulation. the girl replies that its impossible because if it was another simulation, she would be dreaming.

I dont think the real world is another Matrix cuz whats the use??? The robots already control the humans in the regular Matrix, why do they need another Matrix.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 10:19 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chunky A

Hello.

This is my first posting to this kind of board, or any board, for that matter.

I think Zion is just another part of the Matrix, based on the conversation Neo had with The Architect in part II. My take on that scene was that the Matrix has a bug, and NEEDS Zion to exist, in order for the whole thing to run properly. Neo represents a threat to that balance, so they have to get rid of him.

I hope that this is true, because if it turns out that Zion is real, and not part of the Matrix, then Neo just becomes another superhero, like Superman, which seems a bit lame. Why should he suddenly develop this power in the real world?

Of course, when Part III comes out, it will perhaps dispel my theory.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 02:41 AM
Chunky A is currently offline Click here to Send Chunky A a Private Message Find more posts by Chunky A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TeddyBear

No, the real-world is neither a matrix nor is neo a super-hero who can do anything. His powers in the real world come only from the fact that his contact with the Source conected him to the Machine mainframe so he can do things like stop sentinels but not fly or use the powers he has in the matrix. Here is a statement I posted earlier in a different thread:

If Neo's powers were just telekenesis or to "move or stop objects," then they would be too limited. We have been told that he can "alter the matrix as he [sees] fit." We have to interpret this as that as long as he understands fully that the matrix isn't real that the only real limit to his powers is his mind (which he has demonstrated is pretty free). In otherwords his powers are potentially unlimited.

As for the means of his powers, when he plugs into the matrix, it's like he's feeding it his mind data. It cannot reject his mind. In this way he is sort of one with the matrix, and because it cannot alter his mind(This is his fundamental power as The One, otherwise he would be no different from other freed humans in the matrix) it must succomb to his will when there is a confliction. This means that his powers lie in the extent of his belief. For example: if it is written in the matrix that the daggers(in the Merovingian's) are at rest, but Neo believes that they are flying towards his hands, since the matrix can't force him to believe that they are still on the wall, it must accept that the daggers are, as Neo believes, in fact flying towards him. This then becomes what the matrix sees as truth and consequently tells all those plugged into it. Naturally, forcing yourself to believe something is not easy which is what makes Neo unique.

As for the programs in the matrix: Because they aren't rules of the matrix, nor are they a part of the matrix itself, Neo is not directly connected to them. This is why he cannot simply make the agents disapear(or do something to that effect); however, all of the programs in the matrix are still subject to the matrix's rules(as well as what the matrix has made to be truth) which is how Neo, who can alter the matrix itself, can still have a measure of controll over virtually all programs in the matrix.

Probably the reason that he hasn't become some sort of "Uberneo" is because he has only, of yet, discovered a limited extent of his powers and I think that in the third film we can expect to see that as he becomes more and more in controll of his powers there will be more absolutely ridiculously amazing things that he does.

Let me remind you that everything I have just stated are simply my own conclusions which I have drawn from the films(as well as the video game and Animatrix) and I by no means beliave that I am neccessarily correct in everything. I just think people should draw what they can from this.
Thanks for reading this.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 02:51 AM
TeddyBear is currently offline Click here to Send TeddyBear a Private Message Find more posts by TeddyBear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chunky A

Hmm.....makes alot of sense. I guess I have trouble understanding how Neo could just raise his hand and drop the sentinels coming toward him.

If he can affect the machines in the real world, but not himself (i.e. flying around, doing backflips, whatever), how does he do it?

In my mind the movie turns into something else if he is using brainpower alone to do what he does at the end of MII and what he is rumoured to do in MIII. Help!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 04:17 AM
Chunky A is currently offline Click here to Send Chunky A a Private Message Find more posts by Chunky A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon Boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon Boy: Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 04:42 AM
REXXXX
Networking

quote:
Originally posted by nickjs21
if you're talking about the MWAM theory, i just don't buy it. simply because it's the most obvious answer. everyone's thought of it, so it can't be the same thing the w.bros have cooking.

if you're talking about the real real world--as in our world outside of the movies--being a matrix . . . well that's even less likely.

Yeah, I never liked that MWAM theory. Too complicated, and that would suck anyway. Neo would have been lied to...again!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 04:44 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote