KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Vampire...in Reloaded?

Vampire...in Reloaded?
Started by: RedEclipse2007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, obviously we mean 'werewolves', they aren't literal man/beast things.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 07:42 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

Mytholically speaking - Ush - if a silver bullet hits a Vampire in a waning gibous moon, then it can kill by mental state leaving the body relatively un marked - of course - mytholically vampire don't turn to dust unless by sunlight and if they are a decendant by CD.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 07:49 PM
hayden's minx is currently offline Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Silver is NOT a traditional killer of vampires, Minxy. Maybe in some obscure versions of the myth, but not in classical ones, which is what is important here.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 07:55 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

The first I heard of silver killing a vamp was in Blade, but that movie is definatly not traditional.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 08:24 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Silver bullets kill werewolves, assumedly when the silver's melted down from a religious symbol.

~Iko (who is a furry genre artist and knows these odd things)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 09:52 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMage31
There was already a thread about this whole vamp vs. werewolf, cain + abel identity crisis thing. As for Persephone, she is a computer program according to Enter the Matrix. When you play as Niobe and you are about to access the level "Dungeon," the level with the boss fight against Cujo, she encounters Persephone and persephone wants Niobe to kiss her.

Perseph >> "What? Are you afraid of kissing a woman?"

Niobe>>> "You're not a woman. Your not even human."

-DM31

no expressionNiobe kiss phersephone ?? laughing out loud

madee by.. the one himself love

pascuaLaaa rockss! Iam not so bad..once u get to know me angel

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 11:45 PM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

That was in Enter the MAtrix. Did anyone see Dracula 2000? in that movie they explained that vampires are afraid of silver, but i dont think that Cain and Abel are vampires since in ETM, they went in sunlight in the prison stage(i think) unless sunlight rules dont apply.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 03:11 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

it's simple.

no ifs ands or buts, cain and able (the two men you're talking about) are werewolves, redeclipse. that's official information, not guessing. but not werewolves in the traditional sense. they are all programs. the werewolves, the vampires, the whole lot of them -- all renegade programs. they aren't really the actual creatures we associate with werewolves and vampires through folklore. according to the movies, those stories are based on people who saw these renegade programs doing strange things. i.e., not being killed by anything but a silver bullet.

darkmage, i should have worded myself better. they are programs, not "creatures." just like the merovingian.

i do agree that persephone's role is probably very similar to her namesake. but she could still be a vampire.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 04:50 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

am i making sense? it might not be as simple as i understand it to be.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 04:50 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedEclipse2007

Nick, I agree with you. I was just wondering if their actions that were witnessed by other people of the matrix were the cause of the myths. That might have been confusing. Here, this might be better. Where those two the cause of the myth of werewolves? That is better. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks again.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 06:30 AM
RedEclipse2007 is currently offline Click here to Send RedEclipse2007 a Private Message Find more posts by RedEclipse2007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Somehow I don't think Dracula 2000 counts as 'traditional' myth...

BtVS

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 01:04 PM
Korri

i like the idea of the whole ghosts n vampires thing in Reloaded

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 01:38 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

probably not the cause themselves . . . that's hard to say. and really a moot point. you start to think maybe they've been around since way back when werewolf stories first began spreading, but then you remember that the matrix is set in a specific timeframe and so that would be impossible, and then blah blah blah. then we'd just be reading way too much into it. so who knows how the myths started? it's not that big of a detail to concern yourself with.

btw, was dracula 2000 the one where the very first vampire turns out to be judas from biblical times? that movie sucked.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 04:25 PM
Matrixrabbit62

Each program in the Matrix has a code.These werewolves you see in the movie have a code and it is disrupted by certain items like bullets,etc.But the Mero and Persephone are old programs in the Matrix therefore they have seen the last One's that have failed to save Zion as the Architect had said. eek! yes big grin

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 06:10 AM
Matrixrabbit62 is currently offline Click here to Send Matrixrabbit62 a Private Message Find more posts by Matrixrabbit62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/v/vampire.html

"Surprisingly, silver was not as traditional a protective metal as supposed in popular fiction"

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 10:50 AM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

The matrix at the very longest run between 1900 and 1999 – what the machines want humans to think is the height of their civilization (and well, since the war between man and machine supposedly broke out sometime during the 21st century there wasn’t a whole lot more to pick from. But then, we get the history from Morpheus, and his facts may not be completely accurate).
So the myths and legends of vampires, ghost and werewolves were already present. The system probably just adjusts to renegade programs, to make them fit a description that humans may scoff at but at least know.
Conversely the Matrix is NOT reloaded back to 1900 when it restarts, but progresses into another century. That would mean the 1st Matrix ran through the 15th Century. However that seems to contradict agent Smith from M1 when he talks about “the beauty” of the scenery he watches while interrogating Morpheus.

And as was stated: Traditional ways of beating werewolves is silver. Traditional ways of vanquishing a vampire is a stake, holy symbol or sunlight.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 12:39 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gnosticAgent

Good catch on the werewolf symbolism. It fits. I didn't catch that 'til I got here. My first impression was the computer related meaning for a silver bullet - a global fix. I thought I was missing something about the vampire movie, silver bullet, and shooting "difficult to terminate programs."

Now lest we not forget what the Architect said: (to paraphrase) You are the sum of and unballanced equation....of human experiences. This gives the Wachowski's free reign on anything in recorded history (that had survived up to the time the machines took over). Hence, myths are free for the taking/incorporation.

Last edited by gnosticAgent on Oct 16th, 2003 at 05:24 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 05:22 PM
gnosticAgent is currently offline Click here to Send gnosticAgent a Private Message Find more posts by gnosticAgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

wow this thread is old!!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 05:28 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Sorry if this has been stated, but i dont feel like reading all of the posts, so...
Persephone is an emotional vampire, and if i remember correctly, so is Mero...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 06:08 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

emotional pincushion more like

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 06:09 PM