KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who killed Batman's parents

Who killed Batman's parents
Started by: sentinelrv

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

The Joker killed batmans parents. And Batman shud murder his ass.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 01:49 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

A. The Joker did NOT kill Bruce Wayne's parents. It was never menitoned, specifie, or explained, and that's the way it should stay (just b/c is a certain way in the movie don't mean that that's the right way)

B. In the movie, Batman did murder The Joker's ass

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 05:08 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

Re: Who killed Batman's parents

quote:
Originally posted by sentinelrv
On the original Batman, which is also my favorite, Batman finds out that the Joker kills Batman's parents. But then in Batman Forever they say that Two Face kills his parents. I don't get it. Something here doesn't make any sense, or do I not know what I'm talking about.

in the film version of events joker kills batmans parents.
in batman forever robin says something like; "your family wasnt killed by a madman" after two-face kills his family.
and batman says "yes they were". (meaning joker)

batman is trying to explain to robin that he understands what hes going thru and also that killing two-face wont make robin feel better cos batman kills joker in the first film.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 06:29 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Batman's parents were killed by a murdered by a mugger who represents the evil in all society. His name is Joe Chill and the silver age batman actually fought and killed him, i think

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 10:45 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

Joe Chill killed Bruce Wayne's parents. NUFF SAID!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 05:02 PM
The One Part 2 is currently offline Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Batman's parents were killed by a murdered by a mugger who represents the evil in all society. His name is Joe Chill and the silver age batman actually fought and killed him, i think

That was before the Crisis. Now he has no idea.

made by verauko

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 09:48 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

quote:
Originally posted by JixQuillan
Batman was making a comparison between Joker killing his parents and Two-Face killing Robins parents. Put the captions on your TV and watch it again, then you'll understand.

Two-Face didn't kill Robin's parents. One of Carmine Falcone's henchmen did in Batman: Dark Victory

made by verauko

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 09:49 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

actually its' better if Bruce never finds out.somethings are better left untold as for Batman killing joker,i would NEVR want that to happen.that's the thin line that seperates the operative methods of Batman and the others.He doesnt kill.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 06:48 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

i belive the joker killed batmans parents when he was little.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 07:54 PM
nightcrawer89 is currently offline Click here to Send nightcrawer89 a Private Message Find more posts by nightcrawer89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

quote:
Originally posted by punkyhermy
actually its' better if Bruce never finds out.somethings are better left untold as for Batman killing joker,i would NEVR want that to happen.that's the thin line that seperates the operative methods of Batman and the others.He doesnt kill.

I think the Joker should be an exception to that rule! mad

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 08:27 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Well if Batman does cross that line,then there won't be any major differnces between the two.Both men do what satisfies them,with the exception that Batman does it within respectable limits.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 11:17 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

The Joker is not worthy of any second thought. If I got the chance I would crush him instantly and have no regrets ever. It could not possibly be compared to harming anyone worth anything.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 09:42 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
The Joker is not worthy of any second thought. If I got the chance I would crush him instantly and have no regrets ever. It could not possibly be compared to harming anyone worth anything.

Maybe this is one of the reasons the Batman is a hero and you are not.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 12:29 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Batman
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I had the chance, I would put the Joker down like the mad dog he is. That would be the only responsible thing to do with respect to society's safety and this individual.
Of course, I don't actually live in a marketable fantasy franchise which depends upon repeat appearances of quality villains. As much as I sometimes wish I were. embarrasment
As it is, I love the Joker as a villain, and the only problem I have with having him still be alive is that it makes the Batman look like a weak-willed crazy moron when the Joker has crippled Barbara Gordon, brutally beaten and murdered Jason Todd, and murdered Sarah Essen-Gordon and the Batman won't put an end to the madness. Obviously, the Batman is a stronger character with his inflexible moral code intact, but it makes it pretty hard to imagine it with any realism at times. I'm an old-school comics fan, though. I likes my old-school heroes squeaky clean, and the Wolverines of the world can handle the realistic crime fighting.

And no, the Joker had absolutely nothing to do with the murder of Martha and Thomas Wayne. That was only in the film, for the sake of brevity, irony, and drama. The killer was a two-bit thug named Joe Chill.

I am vengeance. I am the night. I am Batman!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 12:44 AM
The Batman is currently offline Click here to Send The Batman a Private Message Find more posts by The Batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

It was me, I'm sorry, I'll turn myself in.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 12:46 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Batman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mommy? Daddy? Scythe, you bastard!!! mad

I am vengeance. I am the night. I am Batman!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:24 AM
The Batman is currently offline Click here to Send The Batman a Private Message Find more posts by The Batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I are sorry, slap the cuffs on me.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 03:20 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
michaelmyers
I was Michaels cell mate!

it depends if we are talkin bout the films or the comic books.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 04:19 PM
michaelmyers is currently offline Click here to Send michaelmyers a Private Message Find more posts by michaelmyers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I killed them in both, the comic and the films, and even the cartoons.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 02:58 AM
darksweeney
Professional Gentleman

I also agree there is more weight to the drive of Batman not ever resolving the murder of his parents.
The movies are nonsense; Tim Burton through it in to be 'edgy' but he was never a fan of the work, so bah
Joe Chill was interesting, but a si said before, it takes away rather than adds.
Two Face 'killing' Robin' parents is also movie nonsense; read Jeff Loeb /Tim Sale's Dark Victory for something more substantial; BUT the major difference between Bruce & Dick is Dick got closure on the murder of his parents where Bruce did not - hence the attitude & anger for one & not the other

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 08:31 PM
darksweeney is currently offline Click here to Send darksweeney a Private Message Find more posts by darksweeney Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote