KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who killed Batman's parents

Who killed Batman's parents
Started by: sentinelrv

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Don't u think batman wants to kill joker too?ofcourse he does but he's got a firm grip on his emotions that's wat!that's y he is a hero!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 11:16 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asian Hulk

What do you think?is it the Joker or Two Face?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 01:21 PM
Asian Hulk is currently offline Click here to Send Asian Hulk a Private Message Find more posts by Asian Hulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by Asian Hulk
What do you think?is it the Joker or Two Face?

Who killed Batman's parents, you mean? Neither of them. Didn't you read the thread?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 01:27 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

" have you danced with the devil on a pale moon night?",
joker is batmans greatest foe. has to be that way in the comics. or did wayne's parents fall off the cliff while snow skying, like all the other senerios you see in comics and movies....THE BATMOBILE LOST ITS WHEELS, THE JOKER GOT AWAY.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 05:52 AM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i think lil bruce wayne hired a hitman to kill his parents so he could inherit their fortune but after they died he felt guilty so he became batman...makes sense.........the comics always had his parents bein murdered comin outa a movie thearter..where did u get snow sking from?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 03:12 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mastergod2005

If you read any of the new batman/superman comics you would know who killed batman's parents. It was John Corpen AKA Metallo.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 06:05 PM
mastergod2005 is currently offline Click here to Send mastergod2005 a Private Message Find more posts by mastergod2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Too Many Ducks

Joe Chill killed Thomas and Martha Wayne.

He was first identified as Joe Chill in Batman #47.

Contrary to what many of the posts in this thread claim Joe Chill remained the name of the killer even after 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' which was published in from 1985-1986.

It was during the 'Zero Hour' series published in 1994 that the name of the killer was temporarily removed.

During the 'Infinite Crisis' published in 2006 it is again established that Joe Chill killed Bruce's parents.

Batman finally confronts Joe Chill in 'Batman' #673 from March of 2008. However, like much of the Grant Morrison run on Batman it is hard to say if the events of this particular issue are real or imagined.

Joe Chill appears again in the post Batman-RIP story 'Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader'. The events in this story don't actually happen but the appearance of Chill in Batman's mind and Chill's statement that he was present at the birth of Batman further establish that he is the killer.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 01:03 AM
Too Many Ducks is currently offline Click here to Send Too Many Ducks a Private Message Find more posts by Too Many Ducks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Oh, good. I loved the story presented in Batman Begins, so I'm glad to hear that that has very offical canon written all over it. That also shows that Nolan did his research, which makes me even more happy.
Does Bruce Wayne get his skills from the League of Shadows in the comics as well? Or, prime answer,

How does Batman Begins compare to the "creation" stories in the comics?

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 01:19 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Wow this thead is pathetic.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 02:18 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Uncle Ben

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 03:19 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Joe Chill killed Batman's parents in the comics. In the Burton films, it was the Joker.

I think that it is better if Batman doesn't know who killed his parents because the thing that made Batman declare war on crime was a random crime.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 10:34 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: Who killed Batman's parents

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sentinelrv
On the original Batman, which is also my favorite, Batman finds out that the Joker kills Batman's parents. But then in Batman Forever they say that Two Face kills his parents. I don't get it. Something here doesn't make any sense, or do I not know what I'm talking about.

it doesnt make any sense because those two idiots Burton and Schumacher screwed up those Batman movies not being faithful to the comicbook like Nolan was for the most part.He took liberties as well but not to the extremes those two fools did. You got things mixed up though,in Batman Forever,Two face killed Robins parents which never happened in the comics,Also in Batman 89,The Joker killed his parents which betrayed the comicbook because The Joker did not kill his parents in the comics,it was a criminal named Joe Chill who killed his parents.Thank God for Nolan,he got it right.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Feb 3rd, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 11:54 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Joe Chill killed Batman's parents in the comics. In the Burton films, it was the Joker.

I think that it is better if Batman doesn't know who killed his parents because the thing that made Batman declare war on crime was a random crime.

yeah everything you said is true,thats why again I say thank god for Nolan. Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 11:55 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Only in the Burton's films, is it established that a young Joker killed Bruce Wayne's parents (and that only happened to give explanations for Jack Nicholson's age.) Virtually every other continuity, it's Joe Chill. Case closed.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 09:47 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Wow this thead is pathetic.
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Uncle Ben
Your trollish posts won't be tolerated in this forum.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 04:27 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote