KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » the most "ROMANTIC" quotes in movie history

the most "ROMANTIC" quotes in movie history
Started by: Tired Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CapinJacksparow
Captain Jack Sparrow

i think the best love line is.....

Sam: you don't like raisins?
Joon: nope
Sam: why?
Joon: they used to be plump, and jucy. they had their life stolen. i mean they're sweet. but all they are is just humiliated grapes.
sam: did you ever see the raisins on tv? you know that ones that sing and dance?
Joon: they scare me
Sam: yea, me too.

THAT IS SOOOOO ROMANTICLY SWEET!!!!! RAISINS!!!! *tear*
i love that movie. EVERYONE SHOULD GO SEE BENNY AND JOON RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Me? I'm dishonest. But it's the dishonest people you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you've got to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 10:55 PM
CapinJacksparow is currently offline Click here to Send CapinJacksparow a Private Message Find more posts by CapinJacksparow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janine182

I am of the opinion, that Johnny Depp is quite possibly the most beautiful man alive, also he is the best actor i have ever seen.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 05:59 PM
Janine182 is currently offline Click here to Send Janine182 a Private Message Find more posts by Janine182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

This isnt the thread to talk about JD.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 07:55 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

hmmm....this isnt the most romantic one...but its still nice big grin

This is from Bruce Amighty...i absolutely love that film...big grin

God: I want you to pray son..go ahead..use it
Bruce: Lord...feed the hungry...and bring peace to all of man kind.....hows that?
God: Great...if you wanna be miss america..now what do you really care about?

*romantic part*

Bruce: Grace!
God: You want her back..
Bruce: No...i want her to be happy...no matter what that means....i want her to find someone who will treat her with all the love she reserved for me, i want her to meet someone who will see her always as i do now...through your eyes...

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 12:06 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
undomiel
evenstar

ya that was sweet

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 11:30 PM
undomiel is currently offline Click here to Send undomiel a Private Message Find more posts by undomiel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tara_55

awww

the most beautiful things i have ever heard..

A WALK TO REMEMBER
Love is patient and kind, it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited, it is never rude or selfish, it does not take offence, nor is it resentful. Love takes no pleasure in others’ sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end. Love is patient and kind, it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited, it is never rude or selfish, it does not take offence, nor is it resentful. Love takes no pleasure in others’ sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end.

A BEAUTIFUL MIND
Perhaps it is good to have a beautiful mind, but an even greater gift is to discover a beautiful heart

Tara xoxo

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:47 AM
tara_55 is currently offline Find more posts by tara_55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

The arwen one was really touching, especially accompanied by the scene of arwen burying aragorn as a widow. I was like "wow.. thats powerful"

in my humble opinion, I dont feel neo's love for trinity. She's just.. there.. lol and they havent said anything terribly romantic. Only thing they said was something like

Trinity : Are you thinking what im thinking? that this elevator is just too damn slow?

*violent kissing and feel up's*

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:21 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

"give me some sugar baby"

Ash-Army of darkness

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 02:43 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

quote:
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Uh, no. That would have been THE MATRIX RELOADED.

bet you regret those words now TH laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:49 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
belldandy

"... what im trying to say... ejem... u know im crazy, and... ejem...
just that u make me a better person"

i dont think is RomantiC, but is a beautiful thing to say

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 03:58 AM
belldandy is currently offline Click here to Send belldandy a Private Message Find more posts by belldandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates_lass
pirate

poop you Captain Jack Sparrow
u took my saying

Bring me that horrisen nananannana and really bad eggs... drink up me 'arties yoho! -black out-

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 11:19 PM
Pirates_lass is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates_lass a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates_lass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

Rudi Guiliani: "Give her a 5 second Frencher!!!"
(Anger Management)

lol...the most cheesy cameo appearances in a Sandler movie (ever!) all happened in Anger Management, but it was a sweet movie nonetheless.
NEVER SEE PUNCH DRUNK LOVE!!! It was a stupid film festival movie with Sandler in it...but don't let the title fool you...
I wish I was punch drunk when I tried watching it...maybe then it would have made some sense.

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 02:09 AM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

Also the entire ending of Armageddon was quite possibly the sweetest and saddest ending ever, aside from Romeo and Juliet (bahz lurhman's version with danes and dicaprio)

from the time that willis decides that he should stay on the comet to set off the bomb...to the end of the movie... when willis died, I almost cried during the flashbacks he had of his daughter.

I know it's not the same kind of "romantic" y'all are talking about, but i still see it as being so.

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 02:13 AM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BidMyBlood2Run
Sexy Vampirette

Quotes from 'Say Anything' starring John Cusack. love

Diane Court: Are you shaking?
Lloyd Dobler: No.
Diane Court: You're shaking.
Lloyd Dobler: I don't think so. love
Diane Court: You're cold.
Lloyd Dobler: I don't think I am.
Diane Court: Then why are you shaking?
Lloyd Dobler: I don't know. I think I'm happy.

What I really want to do with my life - what I want to do for a living - is I want to be with your daughter. I'm good at it. love
-- Llyod Dobler

Diane Court: Nobody thinks it will work, do they?
Lloyd Dobler: No. You just described every great success story love

Diane Court: I need you.
Lloyd Dobler: Tell me something... do you need someone or do you need me?... Forget it, I don't care.
Diane Court: I need you. love

love

Made by the one and only Matrix _Man love I miss you baby
I will always love my Forcizzle love
My chicas Lil smokin' Bloomi happy and Syren angel

Last edited by BidMyBlood2Run on Oct 29th, 2003 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 02:46 AM
BidMyBlood2Run is currently offline Click here to Send BidMyBlood2Run a Private Message Find more posts by BidMyBlood2Run Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

arwen - Do you remember when we first met?
aragorn - I thought i'd strayed into a dream
(fellowship)

aragorn - this is a dream
Arwen - then it is a good dream
(the two towers.)

legolas- I love you and always will.

me - I know you do, lets get married.

legolas - I was just going to ask you the same thing.
(my imagination.)

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 09:25 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

From Chasing Amy ---Holden's speech

I love you. And not in a friendly way, although I think we're great friends. And not in a misplaced affection, puppy-dog way, although I'm sure that's what you'll call it. And it's not because you're unattainable. I love you. Very simple, very truly. You're the epitome of every attribute and quality I've ever looked for in another person. I know you think of me as just a friend, and crossing that line is the furthest thing from an option you'd ever consider. But I had to say it. I can't take this anymore. I can't stand next to you without wanting to hold you. I can't look into your eyes without feeling that longing you only read about in trashy romance novels. I can't talk to you without wanting to express my love for everything you are. I know this will probably queer our friendship -no pun intended- but I had to say it, because I've never felt this before, and I like who I am because of it. And if bringing it to light means we can't hang out anymore, then that hurts me. But I could'nt allow another day to go by without getting it out there, regardless of the outcome, which by the look on your face is to be the inevitable shoot-down. And I'll accept that. But I know some part of you is hesitating for a moment, and if there is a moment of hesitiation, that means you feel something too. All I ask is that you not dismiss that -at least for ten seconds- and try to dwell in it. Alyssa, there is'nt another soul on this ****ing planet who's ever made me half the person I am when I'm with you, and I would risk this friendship for the chance to take it to the next plateau. Because it's there between you and me. you can't deny that. And even if we never speak again after tonight, please know that I'm forever changed because of who you are and what you've meant to me, which -while I do appreciate it- I'd never need a painting of birds bought at a diner to remind me of.

Attachment: hotdog1.jpg
This has been downloaded 133 time(s).

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 10:22 PM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kerplunkymunky

Moulin Rouge - "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved, in return" - I MELTED!!!!

The Princess Bride - "As you wish" - I melted on that one, also!!!!

Any line from Ghost and Dirty Dancing qualify (ooh...Patrick Swayze! evil face ), as well as Gone With the Wind, the romantic parts of Lord of the Rings (although I really can't stand the movie's portrayal of Arwen), When Harry Met Sally, etc.

Ooh, and Roman Holiday...reeeeally romantic!!!! Any line from the last half of that.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 12:51 AM
kerplunkymunky is currently offline Click here to Send kerplunkymunky a Private Message Find more posts by kerplunkymunky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

From The english patient:

Katherine Clifton: Promise me you'll come back for me.
Almásy: I promise, I'll come back for you. I promise, I'll never leave you.

When Almásy leaves her in the cave to get help.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2003 04:28 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Wuthering hights

Heathcliff: Misery and degradation and death and nothing that God or Satan could inflict would have parted us, you of your own will, did it. I have not broken your heart -- you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heathcliff: I pray one prayer, I repeat it till my tongue stiffens, Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living! You said I killed you, haunt me, then! ... Be with me always, take any form, drive me mad, only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! ... I cannot live without my life. I cannot live without my soul.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2003 04:32 PM
Fire

I dont know it by heart
but that animal cracker thingy in Armageddon
when you can have convs like that at times like those then you know you truly love eachother.
Ppl who start whining about: "ooh I don't want you to go, oohhh I want you to come back, I'm gonna miss ya blablablabla....." are idiots certainly if they know the other one is going no matter what they say, cause as in armageddon he's the only one who can do it

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2003 04:36 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote