KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » the most "ROMANTIC" quotes in movie history

the most "ROMANTIC" quotes in movie history
Started by: Tired Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

very interesting quotes... I thought star wars would enter here somewhere and I was right.

The one from Aladin is long but fitting.

Ah, Lord of the Rings, wish I could watch that right now.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 05:34 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

"If a rose were to bloom in front of you, i'd instantly wither and die of envy."

Shakesphere in Love

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 24th, 2007 08:21 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Oh, Mask of the Phantasm was mentioned not long ago! I thought I was so grown-up watching that. That was so intense and passionate. Batman was not a kids' series.

Let me see if I can remember all this.

Jo: (has just seen her novel is published) Friedrich! Thank you for my book. When I didn't hear from you, I thought you hated it.

Friedrich: Oh no. Reading it was like a window into your heart. I gave it to Mr. Fields and he would not give it back to me. I said, "Such good news I have to tell her myself." Silly.

Jo: No! Not silly at all. Come and meet my family.

Friedrich: Thank you, but no. I have to catch the train. I am going to the West. The schools need teachers and they are not so concerned about the accent.

Jo: I don't mind it either. (Jo rambles about how she's inherited a building she plans to use as a school) Isn't there something that could make you stay?

Friedrich: I confess, I would stay if I had a reason...but congratulations on your marriage.

Jo: No, that's Amy. That's my sister Amy. I'm not married. Please don't go so far away.

Friedrich: Jo, such a little name for such a person. Will you have me?

Jo: With all of my heart!

Friedrich: But I have nothing to give you. My hands are empty.

Jo: (takes his hands in hers) Not empty now. (kiss)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 02:19 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aciam

The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you.
-Noah
The Notebook

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:36 PM
aciam is currently offline Click here to Send aciam a Private Message Find more posts by aciam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

"Did you wash your pants with Windex? 'Cause I can totally see myself in them!" - Unknown

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:46 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

"I truly, deeply, love you. *kiss"

- Senator Amidala before her and Anakin's execution.

SW Ep. 2: AOTC

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 08:41 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naley4ever

I'm obsessed with the show One Tree Hill, so I had to post this Naley quote.

Here's one from Season 1;
Nathan Scott: Look will you just--I don't know how to do this all right? I'm... I'm not like you
Haley James: What does that mean?
Nathan Scott: I screw up a lot, all right... and being around you I just.. I don't wanna be that guy any more.
Haley James: Well, who do you wanna be, Nathan?
Nathan Scott: I wanna be somebody who's good enough to be seen with you.

Here's one from Season 4;
Nathan Scott: I'm sorry. Okay, I never wanted to hurt you and I'm sorry for all the ways that I did.
Haley James Scott: I know you're sorry, I know that you don't want to hurt me. But I need to know that you're going to be honest with me.
Nathan Scott: I promise, I -
Haley James Scott: I need to know that you're going to let me in, Nathan. I mean, all the way.
Nathan Scott: I will, okay. I'll - I'll let you in if that's what it takes, I'll let you in. It's just... sometimes I'm afraid that if I do, you'll see the real me. The guy I was before you. And I'm not proud of that person, okay; the one that I used to be. But if I have to be that guy to keep you safe, then that's who I'm going to be. Look, if you want me to apologize for defending you, or for fighting back when somebody hurts you, then I can't do that - I won't do that, okay because the truth is: that's a guy I'll never be; a guy that just stands by and watches while the world hurts you. Can you understand that?
Haley James Scott: I can't...
Nathan Scott: Haley, you have to -
Haley James Scott: No, I can't keep standing on one foot. So, if there's more, I should sit down. But if you're done, then, um... just take me home 'cause I'm tired and I miss you and I love you, every version of you.

P.S.;
The reason why Haley says that she can't keep standing on one foot is because she's using crutches because earlier in the show Nathan and Haley learned that she was pregnant and Nathan went to some guy to pay off some of their debt. Well, he can't pay them back so the guy tells Nathan to make his team lose the Basketball game. The last one of the year, to be exact. {They're seniors} He doesn't lose the game. Instead, he scored the winning point. So, when Nathan and Haley were walking across the road, the guy was going to run over Nathan, but Haley pushed him out of the way. He hit her instead. It was a pretty emotional episode.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:54 AM
naley4ever is currently offline Click here to Send naley4ever a Private Message Find more posts by naley4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

Alex: (as Alex turns around and Jeff's mom screams bloody murder) Oh, oh my god! I'm sorry! I can't stop coming, I'm sorry! It feels so good!

GRANDMA'S BOY

makes me cry every time!

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 06:10 PM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

"Hold me."
"I can't."

Edward Scissor Hands

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 06:28 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
regina414

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
"I truly, deeply, love you. *kiss"

- Senator Amidala before her and Anakin's execution.

SW Ep. 2: AOTC

I definitely agree. This scene is so romantic.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 04:12 PM
regina414 is currently offline Click here to Send regina414 a Private Message Find more posts by regina414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
regina414

You had me at hello.

- Jerry Maguire

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 02:45 PM
regina414 is currently offline Click here to Send regina414 a Private Message Find more posts by regina414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
klw

So obviously this thread is really old...but I have to say my thoughts i guess!? lol and there's many...i can't choose just one! =(

"How come you're so good at that?"
"Good at what?"
"Building stuff. I mean, you're really good at it for a girl."
"Same way I'm fast...for a girl."
"You know what I mean."
"You're pretty good at art, for a boy."
"Okay, okay, truce."
-Bridge To Terabithia.

"Pai Mei taught you the five point palm-exploding heart technique?"
"Of course he did."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I don't know... because I'm a bad person."
"No. You're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person, but every once in a while, you can be a real ****."
-Kill Bill Vol.2.

"Anakin, all I want is your love."
"Love won't save you, Padme! Only my new powers can do that!"
"At what cost? You're a good person; don't do this!"
"I won't lose you the way I lost my mother. I am becoming more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of, and I'm doing it for you: to protect you."
-Star Wars Episode 3: The Revenge of The Sith.

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."
-The Notebook

"Now you're beside me, and look how far we've come, so far. We are so close."
-Enchanted.

""You mother****er! Now, lets see what kind of soldier you are sheriff.
One! That was beautiful form sheriff!
Two! Halfway doesn't count dick head.
Three! Is that all you got, is that all you ****ing got,
You killed my girlfriend! **** you *******, **** YOU! -
My money says your not goin' anywhere."
-The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning.
[i know it may not seem like it, but it just was for me? ahah]

"I bet you've had a hard time walking into a room full of people on your own, right? Yeah. I know that. I know what it is not to feel like your in the room until he looks at you or touches your hand or even makes a joke at your expense, just to let everyone know... you're with him. You're his."
-P.S I Love You.

"You know, I feel really bad not knowing your name. Maybe I can guess. Is it, uh... Mildred?"
-The Little Mermaid.

“I told you, only truth. For 20 years, I sought only this day. Nothing else existed... until I saw you. Then everything changed. I fell in love with you Evey. And to think I no longer believed I could.”
“But I don't want you to die.”
“That's the most beautiful thing you could have ever given me.”
-V for Vendetta.

"I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone. I choose a mortal life."
Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring
<already said>

"Elizabeth, I should have told you every day since the moment I met you...I love you"
-Pirates of the Carribiean:Curse of the Black Pearl.
<already said>

"My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side where we can gaze into the stars.."
"and sit together now and forever for it is plain as anyone can see, we're simply meant to be."
-The Nightmare Before Christmas
<already said>

and many others! Pretty much every Disney Movie qualifies! I'll stop now though...

Last edited by klw on Mar 16th, 2009 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 08:53 PM
klw is currently offline Click here to Send klw a Private Message Find more posts by klw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
klw

Feew moree <3 =D:

"Nobody in the world makes me laugh the way you do. You're my best friend. I just wanna be with you." - Made of Honour
[My Personal fave!<3 =)]

"If you love someone... you say it right then, out loud. Otherwise...the moment just passes you by." - My Best Friend's Wedding.

"She may have your mind, but your heart belongs to me." - Sailormoon: Moon Princess.

I, truely, deeply, love you.

Last edited by klw on Apr 4th, 2009 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 09:37 PM
klw is currently offline Click here to Send klw a Private Message Find more posts by klw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

"I'd rather spend one minute holding you, than the rest of my life knowing I never could. So if you don't mind, may I kiss the bride?"

From Bubble Boy.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 10:34 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

The Mexican:
"If two people love each other but they just can't seem to get it together when do you get to the point where enough is enough?"

"Never"

also...

Casper:

"Kat can I ask you a question?" -Casper
Kat half asleep, "Huh, yea"
Casper, "can I keep you?"

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 12:18 AM
LDHZenkai is currently offline Click here to Send LDHZenkai a Private Message Find more posts by LDHZenkai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

"Death cannot stop true love -- it can only delay it a little while."

Westley, The Princess Bride. Oh, of course, and :

"AAAASS YOUUUU WIISSSHH!." *tumble tumble tumble*

"I love you,"

"I know." Star Wars, Epi V, The Empire strikes back.
OR.

"I love you,"

"Ditto." Ghost.

"I don't think this is a good time!!" Elizabeth, PotC AWE and that whole seqence as they're fighting their butts off and Barbossa is stabbing people left and right while he's marrying them.
THat part is also sweet as Elizabeth and Will use each other as sources of fighting-ness, like Elizabeth leans back on Will in order to be able to kick, how they go around in circles just slicing and dicing... *sigh*

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 03:11 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

"stay away from her you BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!"

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 09:35 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

WAAAL - E :- eve

EEEEVA! - wall e

can i keep you? - casper

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 08:42 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote