KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Overated Movies

Most Overated Movies
Started by: wicker_man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chica16
chica

yeah i know what you mean happy kine about old movies.. almost all the acting was horrible and people thought itwas great .... who knows

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 06:33 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

and i've tried to watch some of the movies on AMC (american movie classics channel) and they suck. its like they were overacting.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 06:50 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

all of those sucky movies that win best picture awards at the oscars.. when we all know they should go the LotR smile

seriously tho,
Titanic was very overrated

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:49 PM
Skittles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Skittles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Skittles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

quote:
Originally posted by happy kine
in the bedroom? never heard of it... but i'll try to avoid it. i had some friend over to watch LOTR (they didn't even know it was based on a book) and they consider that overrated... they wanted the 2 hours of their life back... but after i made them see the second one... they started to see the light.

i also think most old movies are overrated... they had some bad acting that people call classic...

The second LotR was much more entertaining than the first. In the first movie they just didn't have time to explain it all so it is fairly confusing.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:56 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

LOTR should win at the oscars this year.. i'll be mad if like seabiscuit wins or something haha

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 11:00 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

Jerry Maguire. How I hated this movie.

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 03:58 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Shakespear in Love. It definetly wasn't better than Hilary & Jackie. Also Most of the Steven King Movies out there.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 04:19 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kij

I can't believe nobody has put the "Blair Witch Project" up here yet. It was very, very hyped up, and yet, might be the worst movie I've ever seen...EVER!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 05:39 AM
Kij is currently offline Click here to Send Kij a Private Message Find more posts by Kij Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

I agree!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 02:52 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

chica 16 it was a good movie but then the first one left u hanging and i hate that but i mean all these people that r obsessed with the movie and books and shit like that is just insane i mean their is sum good action and a good story plot but still this movie shouldnt be treated like it is like god but u know i guess u got to be into more but hey it is cool u flipped out when i said that about LOTR becasue i mean i woul do the same if u talked about arnold like that or De Niro so right on if u like that movie and think it wasnt overated.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 07:33 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laura4Owen

HARRY POTTER 1 and 2 have been the most overatted movies ever. Same with Bruce Almighty. good, but not that good.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 08:19 PM
Laura4Owen is currently offline Click here to Send Laura4Owen a Private Message Find more posts by Laura4Owen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

True about Bruce Almighty. He didn't do anything *that* funny in it

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 10:01 PM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Castor
Castor, Natural

Harry Potter

WildWildWest(will smith is cool but that was not a good movie)

Daredevil

Titanic (I hate this movie so much)

Chicken Run (It wasnt that funny...bah)

Interview with the Vampire

There are more but, mind is blank....bah.

"Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 06:12 AM
Castor is currently offline Click here to Send Castor a Private Message Find more posts by Castor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
My name is Neo9

pearl harbor
forrest gump
independence day
a bug's life
gladiator

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 06:27 AM
My name is Neo9 is currently offline Click here to Send My name is Neo9 a Private Message Find more posts by My name is Neo9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilyGinnyBlack
Harry and Ginny Forever

I agree that the first and second Harry Potter movies were overrated and Bruce Almighty! Lord of the Rings. . . though that was NOT overrated!!! Though I think why most people love the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies are because, for the fans of the books anyway, they want to see everything they read come to life. Well, that is the case with me anyway.

Oh, and the those Spy Kids movies. . . and Scobby Doo. . . I mean, I love Scobby Doo, but the movie was just too. . . stupid in my view! And those Spy Kids movies, they are really made just for little kids but. . . I just find all three of them to be ridiculous!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

You don't hear me say...

Please, oh baby, don't go...

Simple and clean is the way that your making me feel, tonight...

It's hard to let it go...

Simple and Clean, Kingdom Hearts theme song big grin

LilyGinnyBlack

http://hgnetwork.co.uk/fate
Harry/Ginny Network
Harry/Ginny fan... Forever! love

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 11:29 AM
LilyGinnyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send LilyGinnyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by LilyGinnyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I started this thread and have not given my choices so here they are:
*The Matrix
*xXx - Do not get me wrong i enjoyed this film but it left me unfufilled.
*8-Mile
*American Beauty
*Charlies Angels - Again it was good 'eye candy' but totally over rated

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 10:17 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent-Bob77
Snootchie Bootchies

Well i have to say i loved American Beauty, HATE Pearl Harbor and thought the Truman Show was over rated too.
Matrix 2 isn't THAT great, some good bits but not as exciting as the first, probably cause the Matrix was such a surprise and the second one we were all waiting for...... Cats and Dogs is the worst movie though, I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hated that!!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 12:35 PM
Silent-Bob77 is currently offline Click here to Send Silent-Bob77 a Private Message Find more posts by Silent-Bob77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MissesDepp?!
Creature of the night...

let me see here

The Hulk

League of Extrotinary Gentlemen sick

i would say Titanic but i cryed my bloody eyes out

and in the bedroom was really really sad. Some good movies you should know about are independent films. Like: The ninth Gate (with Johnny Depp), Holy Smoke, Mulholland Dr. (weird but so good), Bend it like Beckham (u probably know about) and most of them win oscars

Curiouser and Curiouser

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 03:11 PM
MissesDepp?! is currently offline Click here to Send MissesDepp?! a Private Message Find more posts by MissesDepp?! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Catastrofic Luv
loka chika

what the heck is BBB2?

Created by Godshinto

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2003 07:25 PM
Catastrofic Luv is currently offline Click here to Send Catastrofic Luv a Private Message Find more posts by Catastrofic Luv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by MissesDepp?!
let me see here

The Hulk

League of Extrotinary Gentlemen sick

i would say Titanic but i cryed my bloody eyes out

and in the bedroom was really really sad. Some good movies you should know about are independent films. Like: The ninth Gate (with Johnny Depp), Holy Smoke, Mulholland Dr. (weird but so good), Bend it like Beckham (u probably know about) and most of them win oscars

The ninth gate sucks messed

Catastrofic luv >BBB2 is BigBadBike2. Its the name of a member.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 12:15 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote