KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Marijuana should be legal, right?

Marijuana should be legal, right?
Started by: Tired Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
booniae

How exactly would that be me being ignorant??? I'd really like to know! That's great if your in love with it, but I've seen it's effects one too many times and I don't need to sit here and listen to you call me ignorant because of how I feel on the topic.

Boo bunny

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 01:33 AM
booniae is currently offline Click here to Send booniae a Private Message Find more posts by booniae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nah, apparently all a timing misunderstanding, so let;s not worry about it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 31st, 2003 at 01:37 AM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 01:34 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
booniae

quote:
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
But I decided to leave it there after reading bunny person's.

Sounds like it was directed to both Gambit and I.

Boo bunny

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 01:36 AM
booniae is currently offline Click here to Send booniae a Private Message Find more posts by booniae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote:
Originally posted by booniae
Not true. Lots of people die from drugs. People in car accidents are usually positive after being tested for marijuana. And when you smoke a lot, you can honestly feel yourself getting stupider. A lot of my friends had really screwed up their lifes cuz of it. Thank God I quit before I let that happen to me.

Boo bunny

No, Ush, I'm totally talking to her too. Sorry. But the problem I have is that I don't know lots of people who died from drugs but I do know lots of people who smoke pot. So, I'm speaking from experience too. I'm sorry your friends screwed up their lives cuz of weed, although I find that hard to believe it was the weed's fault. Stupid people smoke weed just as much as smart people do.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 01:38 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Plentiful examples around of perfectly normal people having lives messed up by weed; it is easy for problems to arise from it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 01:40 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Too many people associate weed with heavy drugs like alcohol and coke and crank and all that BAD stuff. Weed isn't for only getting high and partying. It's all about self control and moderation. I personally have nothing against marijuana. I love everything about it from the way it looks to the way it smells. Did you know that marijuana is one of the most, if not the most oxygen producing plant in the world? Did you know the 1937 Marijuana Tax act was created by William Randolf Hearst and his associates to prevent people from making their own paper? It wasn't a drug issue back then, it was a threat to the commercial newspaper industry as well as other companies like Du Pont. Many people, especially those who have never smoked weed, don't ever question why a drug like alcohol is legal and can be bought anywhere, when something less harmful like weed is deemed as an evil drug that leads people into doing other heavier drugs.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 01:49 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I can't stand the smell; makes me gag. And I have seen what it has done to some of my friends which pretty much puts me off legalising it for recreational use.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 01:51 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Fair enough, Ush. But please understand that I have seen other people get into trouble or get lazy as well and yes they smoked weed, but they did other stuff that was very self destructive that had nothing to do with smoking weed. On the other end of the spectrum, I know people who run their own companies, people who are doctors, city council members, very succesfull people and they smoke marijuana. I just wish more people knew the truth about the history of it and why it is illegal than it being just a bad drug. Please don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful. But by all means, hate me.
sad
Your friendly neighborhood pot head.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 02:00 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's illegal here for perfectly boring reasons. And just because some people use weed and do not self-estruct, and just because some people using weed self-destruct for non-weed reasons, does not mean that weed is safe, that is not associative.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 02:03 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

But alcohol is? I'm not saying you said that, but by that rational, why is weed illegal and alcohol isn't. This is what I started this post about to begin with.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 02:07 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You can practically ban weed, but not alcohol, so the comparison is futile.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 02:08 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Negative, Ghost Rider. Times are changing and there are more people out there with my beliefs than you may think. Besides, the comparisons are not my main focus, it's 'why can you practically ban weed and not alcohol' that is my focus, and I've never heard a legitimate reason for it from anyone.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 02:20 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

It's been fun, I'll be back tomorrow for more. Peace.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 02:22 AM
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

Personally, I don't smoke or drink, but I have been around plenty of people doing both. I think it all depends on a person's ability to control themselves while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. My cousin used to work between 60-80 hours a week. Pot was the only recreation he had time for. Now he only works around 40 hours, he rarely smokes pot. I've been the designated driver for a lot of my friends when they have been partying and I much prefer the pot smokers to the drinkers. I find pot smokers less likely to get into fights and less disruptive while I'm driving. They are also less likely to puke all over my car. I would prefer that pot were legal instead of alcohol. However, it should be regulated if it were legalized. And the idea of DUI's for pot would only mean anything if the police and courts enforced them in the same manner they enforce drunk driving DUI's, which in my experience has not been much at all.

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 03:07 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Thank you for such words of wisdom that this thread has certainly lacked. Your point of view is highly appreciated by myself. I have had some time now to think about what I want out of all of this and I guess it has come down to this thought: Don't smoke weed if it's not your thing. I'm totally cool with that. I'm not trying to force anyone to do it. Just don't knock it when it is important to other people that smoking marijuana is part of their lives. I once covered a story for the news on the feds who busted a couple in Santa Cruz for growing weed on their property. The pot farm was grown by the people who used it which consisted of mostly sick people who needed marijuana to help them cope with their everyday struggles caused by their sickness. My heart went out to them when the DEA pulled their plants. This was their last little slice of Heaven on Earth before they were going to die. Three of them died within five months after the crop was seized. The owners told Action News, the station I work for, (as it is referred to by the locals in Monterey County) that the people would have died in a lot less pain if they had their pot.

And like China said, she'd prefer being around pot smokers as opposed to drinkers. I know what she means. Also, take note, China and I are about the same age so maybe this is something that we've had much more experience with than most of you. I've noticed a lot of you are young and maybe I should not be discussing this subject. After all, marijuana wasn't important to me until I was about 20 years old. Most of you aren't that age. Please forgive me if I rousted you and made you feel I was pushing pot onto you, that was never my intention.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 05:03 AM
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

"write your congress"

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 05:48 AM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
booniae

Too long...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 06:45 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Marijuana should only be legal in medicinal use. I dont care how many ppl say that it has no negative effect...BUL$HIT!! Too many ppl that i have known have tried it, kept at it, and in the end became total A$$ HOLES. I changes ppl, not for the better unfortunately, it slows your brain down. Ask any doctor. Any idiot trying to tell you that it doesnt should have their head examined.

*lets off a bit of steam*

Sorry, thats just the way i feel. My best frien in russia tried the stuff, he was a straight A student..... now he is in a juvinile prison. Just goes to proove that that $HIT is dangerous.

What is this I don't even

Last edited by Kostabot on Jul 31st, 2003 at 01:16 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 01:12 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
q14cyber
~ DEATH IS LIFE ~

no cuz i got high wen i was nine lalala lalalalalala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love pepsi dont you?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 01:17 PM
q14cyber is currently offline Click here to Send q14cyber a Private Message Find more posts by q14cyber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. ermermermermermerm

What is this I don't even

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 01:33 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote