KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » what's the best Terminator 1 2 or 3

what is your favourite Terminator movie?
This poll is closed.
Terminator 2 11.11%
Terminator 2 12 66.67%
Terminator 3 4 22.22%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

what's the best Terminator 1 2 or 3
Started by: greeny33

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
alic88
Barzakh

u mean u like the original matrix better than the terminator?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 08:08 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah, just. After the pathetic sequels though, the matrix probably slides down the ranks a bit.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 11:03 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

the original matrix i agree was cool. they explained the story in great details. but then it just got worse. reloaded and revolutions. havent seen revolutions but reviews aint good

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 03:28 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

Worried

I like to think of each movie being 'great' in their own respects, and also in the way they advance a story, and still make a pretty decent attempt to stay 'true' to the events of the first, while also staying committed to the idea that the future is not set, that some alterations can and will affect the way things happen, and possibly why they happen, and sometimes when they happen... but still, in the end, the future fate of man is sealed, and it all DOES happen, which still holds true to the basic idea of Fate as being, well, Fate... I dunno about ranking one movie in a 'successful series' vs another of the same series. Times change, budgets for films fluctuate, up or down, actors, directors, writers etc... come and go... then come back and try to make up for going away in the first place, etc etc...

All the Terminator movies are GREAT in most respects, while seeming cliched and trite and carbon copies of themselves and of other man vs machine, futuristic sci-fi actioners...

just my opinion... I could be wrong... (probably not!)

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 09:54 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kksMt

T1

T 1 was the beginning of it all. even though the graphics are crap it was the original idea, it had good acting, something that T3 didn't. I love T1 and 2, but for originallity i love T1. T2 is enertaining to watch, and has both aspects of T3 and 1 -the acting and special effects. But number one is the best. 2 follows closely. 3 is left behind. - KKsMt

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 11:05 AM
kksMt is currently offline Click here to Send kksMt a Private Message Find more posts by kksMt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I can see your point actually. When it comes to utilising the CGI recources, T1 would probably win. Cos lets face it, in those days the CGI technology was a joke. I would still put T2 at number one though, T3 is last by a country mile.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 01:12 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PunisherFan33
Gods sittin this one out

T3 suxxxx T2 is the best

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 02:58 PM
PunisherFan33 is currently offline Click here to Send PunisherFan33 a Private Message Find more posts by PunisherFan33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jodaku

Note: same post as above, but with corrections, since the 15 minutes I got to edit my post ran out, I had to post it again. Could a mod or admin please delete my original post above.

T1>T2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T3.

As others have said, T1 was was just raw, everything from the predominantly dark setting, Arnold as the horrifying bad Terminator, a kick ass Kyle Reese, a vunerable Sarah Connor who we see grow and those excellent flashbacks of the war torn future. The whole time travel element is always an intriging device to use, but no film has pulled it of like Terminator (which of course set up the whole series), with it's paradoxes (which is most evident in T1, if you've seen the special edition DVD with the deleted scenes), characters, stroy, just everything.
The film was a sci-fi, that boarded on a horror, with excellent action, a great story, with even a hint of romance.

Now we go into T2, with a budget many times over that T1 had. Special effects were undoubtly awesome, we're intorduced to a young John Connor (we also see an awesome grown version of him in the future), Sarah Connor's transformation into a military minded heroine in complete and of course, Arnie comes back as a good Terminator to protect JC. T2 is unquestionably a classic, but lacked the rawness of T1, but I suppose it was always going to lose that with the bigger budget. I loved how the roles were switch from T1. I mean we got the main villian from T1 who is now the main good guy (or machine I should say), the new bad Terminator is what James C. orginally wanted the Terminator to be (a non-descript man who you wouldn't give a second look to), Sarah becomes to John, what Kyle was to her in T1. It's amazing stuff. T2 was basically what T1 was (but with a bigger budget) but without the rawness amd instead of romance, we get try humour in it's place. T2 wrapped the whole stroy up perfectly, ending on a positive note, which is why partly way I hate T3 so much.

T3, well I'm not gonna say too much but I hated it. They took the dry humour from T2 and turned it into slapstick, they made John Connor lame, Kate Brustier (sp?) is a very poor replacment for Sarah Connor and I basically hated just about everything about it. Only the T-X was decent and I'll admit the ending did surprise me, but even that renders the ending of T2 to be meaningless, which they shouldn't have done. Basically T3 to the Terminator series is what DBGT is to DB and DBZ.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 05:05 PM
Jodaku is currently offline Click here to Send Jodaku a Private Message Find more posts by Jodaku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Thats very well put there. You're right about the DBGT vs T3 comparison as well. Its more like an 'add-on' rather than the real deal. Sort of like mods for 1st person shooting games.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 06:20 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Damn! I wish the poll hadn't been closed. I was all ready to put in my vote for T2 ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 07:02 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I'm surprised you haven't voted already.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 01:41 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I've been away for a looooong time ...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 11:19 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Least ur back to help resurrect whats left of this forum.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 03:28 AM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Least ur back to help resurrect whats left of this forum.

I'm here now too evil face

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 06:06 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Least ur back to help resurrect what's left of this forum.

Vvvrulz - you may have noticed that I've been posting here a lot over the past few days. And the reason for that is to accomplish precisely what you suggest - to take this forum out of the funk that it's been since June ...

I realise that I'm leaving soon, but I've also started something here - something important. It's now up to you, and other fans like you, to carry the torch, and to keep this forum alive. I promise you that if you do, then one day this forum will take its pride of place amongst the others here at the KMC.

So let us begin ...

Old Post Sep 7th, 2004 09:41 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Sure thing, me and the five or so others (including you FilmProphet of course) will do whatever it takes to keep flame burning.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 02:44 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Heh - I know you will ...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 01:48 PM
alic88
Barzakh

i've been keeping the flame burning since i joined.. even when there were like 3 people posting FOR A WHOLE MONTH

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 10:21 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I know that, alic. Heh - you and vvv are probably the most dedicated people left; I know that with you guys around, the forum is in safe hands ...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 10:37 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Just promise to go easy on T3, eh stick out tongue ?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 10:55 PM