KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Something about The Terminator's theme tune...

Something about The Terminator's theme tune...
Started by: Rhubarb Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bad banana

Being a fellow pianist I believe it would be nearly unnecessary to add that whether or not a piece has "a lot of passion" depends totally on the player. Imagine a robot playing the piano - granted he was given nimble enough fingers to not break the keys; there would be no emotion.

I have indeed experimented a lot with playing the main theme (I play it in a minor) on a synthesizer.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 01:00 AM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

the synthesiszed verion of the theme in t1 is more realistic and more appropriate to the movie. The terminator after all is a synthesisezed human, made to mimic aspects of a human but it is observed after all that he is not. That was the point..to sound metalllic and robot like. The theme in t1 was better although i like the thems in t2 better than in t3. I have both soundtrcks and t3 i listended to it online and it is horrible. Anyone who prefers that garbage likely thinks t3 is th ebest, but it does nto fit the movie. And if anyone thinks it's not appropriate that the music fit the movie why are so many people missing the theme, because of thr feeling it generates. In t2 they softened it, becuase arnold was good and they wanted a different evil sound for a differnent evil terminator and yet they didn't want you to know who was evil yet either so they wer BOTH TONED DOWN. if we saw du du du duummp with arnold or t-100 we would have known who was evil. jc di that to surprise the audience and since there was no sex or lovve story in t2 and sarah was hardened, they did it to soften the movie. But lets not forget the sex scene music in t1 it was terrific.. the piano..the worse part was the ending of the police scene music in t1 and the mtorcylece, pickup scene music, other than than ti definitive edition is the best terminator soundtrack, the regular version was good to but you would have to have been hip with that era to lkt the tryanglz who did "burnin in the third degre" and i was still playing with legos during t1 and I still like that song. If we changed the clothing (not kyle or arnold) in t1 and the hairstylles (not kyle or arnold) and the club music and updated the eyeball scene and used the t1 special edition soundtrack, it could be a 2003 movie. (except everybdy expcets cgi which is really too bad cause the best effects ared one with lighitng and robotics and hydraulics)

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 10:18 PM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote