KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » do you have to be a pure blood in slytherin?

do you have to be a pure blood in slytherin?
Started by: america_boxers

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
america_boxers

do you have to be a pure blood in slytherin?

see title of thread for my question. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 04:37 PM
america_boxers is currently offline Click here to Send america_boxers a Private Message Find more posts by america_boxers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lime
Citrus Flavour

well yeah i think so but i think some of them are secretley half blood
or even muggleborn and pretend to be pureblood
but if the sorting house had to put me somewhere it would hav eto be slytherin just so i can be near draco malfoy he is hot
and i would kick that pansy parkinson out so face it wiuld make her head spin

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 04:41 PM
Lime is currently offline Click here to Send Lime a Private Message Find more posts by Lime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

As far as I remember Salazar Slytherin only allowed pure-blooded wizards in his college, so the answer would be “yes”.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 04:41 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
america_boxers

But voldermort was a half blood

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Now i must go... ninja vanish!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 04:43 PM
america_boxers is currently offline Click here to Send america_boxers a Private Message Find more posts by america_boxers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
america_boxers

so im confused if half blood he accepts to his house why does voldermort kill them too?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 04:44 PM
snlovergirl

it just goes to show how corrupt peoples thinking are. even hitler was part jewish.

made by Godshinto
-------------------------------------------
My new life motto:
"Procrastinate now, don't put it off."- Ellen Degeneres

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."- Spaceballs

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 06:25 PM
snlovergirl is currently offline Click here to Send snlovergirl a Private Message Find more posts by snlovergirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadalus

Tom Marvollo Riddle (Voldemort) had a muggle father, yet he was in Slytherin. I suppose the answer is that you should be ambitious, with "a certain disregard for rules" and other stuff to be in slytherin. Also, Salazar prized students who spoke parseltounge, so maybe that outwayed Riddle being a halfblood.

A world is supported by four things. The learnings of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the rightous, and the valor of the brave. But all of these are nothing with out a ruler who knows the art of ruling.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 06:49 PM
Deadalus is currently offline Click here to Send Deadalus a Private Message Find more posts by Deadalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
america_boxers

hitler was part jewish? well i think now that he does accept half bloods to his house but does not like him cause there are not enough pure bloods in the hp world for all the kids in slytherin house.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 07:17 PM
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

well acording to sirius there isn;t enough pure bloods so some of them must be half or muggleborn I think you get in if you just have a hatred for muggleborn adn such... or if you hate your parents cuz there muggles...I dunno

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 10:54 PM
Tiger Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Tiger Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|DPG| Felon-E

Re: do you have to be a pure blood in slytherin?

quote:
Originally posted by america_boxers
see title of thread for my question. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

do you not remember hagrid saying in the chamber of secrets that there isn't a wizard alive that isn't atleast half blood or less

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 07:16 PM
|DPG| Felon-E is currently offline Click here to Send |DPG| Felon-E a Private Message Find more posts by |DPG| Felon-E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|DPG| Felon-E

quote:
Originally posted by america_boxers
But voldermort was a half blood

Yeap Voldemort's Dad was a muggle

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 07:19 PM
|DPG| Felon-E is currently offline Click here to Send |DPG| Felon-E a Private Message Find more posts by |DPG| Felon-E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

I think its okay if at least one of your parents is a pureblood. But I think if you come from a muggle backround then you cant be in Slytherin.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 09:18 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon

The way I've read it, you have to be pure-blood to get into Slytherin. Tom Riddle was the HEIR of Slytherin, so of course he jus tgot in.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 04:31 PM
Neon is currently offline Click here to Send Neon a Private Message Find more posts by Neon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_eyes2006
I AM Luna Lovegood

If you get into a certain house then it's because of who you are (personality wise) and not because of WHAT you are (muggle-born, pure-blood, and so on) When the sorting-hat decribed the houses in it's song, it said nothing about being a pure blood, or anything like that.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 12:42 AM
Blue_eyes2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_eyes2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_eyes2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krassin
Rob Zombie

yeah well,wasnt tom riddle the heir of slytherin twice? the first time with hagrid expelled and then the time with harry,
and harry spoke peseltounge,why wasnt he in slytherin?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 12:52 AM
krassin is currently offline Click here to Send krassin a Private Message Find more posts by krassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

WELL...SUPPOSEDLY HARRY'S HALF-BLOOD AND HE WOULD'VE BEEN IN SLYTHERIN TOO........I THINK THAT WILL ALL UNFOLD IN THE NEXT BOOK....... I think maybe one of Harry's parents really weren't his biological ones.....??? I thought I read somewhere that he was half...

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 02:23 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krassin
Rob Zombie

wuts the next book called?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 02:27 AM
krassin is currently offline Click here to Send krassin a Private Message Find more posts by krassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
america_boxers

harry is half blood cause his mom was a muggle born and his dad was a pure blood

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 04:11 AM
Member.

u can choose where u will be right?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 05:04 AM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krassin
Rob Zombie

no,sorting hat tells u

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 05:12 AM