KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Questions?

Questions?
Started by: IBTonks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
IBTonks

no it wudn't!! idiot! the films are set in the time that the books were written, not in 2003!!! considerin the first book was published in wot...1994?? the dates are correct!!!

"I know that your hiding things, Using gentle words to shelter me, Your words were like a dream, But dreams could never fool me. Not that easily"

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 04:09 PM
IBTonks is currently offline Click here to Send IBTonks a Private Message Find more posts by IBTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

How did u work out that harry was born in 1980?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 04:55 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
america_boxers

im just confused? didnt the first book come out in umm 97? i think

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Now i must go... ninja vanish!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 05:01 PM
america_boxers is currently offline Click here to Send america_boxers a Private Message Find more posts by america_boxers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

yeh it did

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 05:04 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lee^

[/I] HE IS GONE GET OVER IT! [/I]

mad mad SHUT UP 7 YEAR OLD!!! mad mad
mad mad HE IS NOT DEAD!!!! mad mad

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 06:40 PM
Lee^ is currently offline Click here to Send Lee^ a Private Message Find more posts by Lee^ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

wat r u talkin bout?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 06:55 PM
IBTonks

argh! put it this way...the books are not accurate to date, as in each book he is a year older, but yet the books areleased sometimes 2 years apart...get me?.....when scripts are written for films...they rarely take place on the exact date they were written! sometimes in the future, most times in like 1995 or summit...wiv me?

"I know that your hiding things, Using gentle words to shelter me, Your words were like a dream, But dreams could never fool me. Not that easily"

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 07:39 PM
IBTonks is currently offline Click here to Send IBTonks a Private Message Find more posts by IBTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

Yeh but it still wudnt make him born in 1980 it would maked his birth year 1986.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 07:43 PM
IBTonks

how wud it.....u explain it then!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 07:53 PM
crazy_c
Very Tired

Cos the first book was written in 1997 and he was 11 in it so he wudda bin born in 1997.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 07:55 PM
IBTonks

J. K. Rowling has told us that Harry's birthday is July 31, which happens to be her birthday, too. But what year was Harry born?

Near the beginning of Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone it says that "tomorrow, Tuesday, was Harry's eleventh birthday." July 31 doesn't fall on a Tuesday very often. Most readers of that first book assumed that, because it was published in 1997, Harry attended Hogwarts during the 1990s. In 1990, July 31 fell on a Tuesday. This would mean that Harry was born in 1979 and would turn 23 in 2002.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 07:55 PM
IBTonks

so ur sayin he wudda been born on his 11th birthday??? ur messed up!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 07:56 PM
IBTonks

this theory is contradicted by evidence in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, in which Harry helped celebrate Nearly Headless Nick's deathday anniversary on October 31, 1992. Harry was 12 at that time. So this would mean that Harry was born in 1980, and that he would turn 22 in 2002.

Anyway, does it matter exactly when the books take place? They are, after all, fantasy. Maybe there are contradictory dates because time doesn't pass exactly the same way in the books' world as it does in ours. Or maybe calendars in the land of fantasy don't have to follow our rules!

Beileve me now????

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 07:58 PM
crazy_c
Very Tired

Ok i do.but i need 2 read chamber of secrets agen cos i cant remember it sayen it was 1992.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 08:12 PM
IBTonks

lol! u do that! trust me!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 08:15 PM