KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » X-Men:Evolution>Cutting Edge>Drama/Action>BOPRecruit 16

X-Men:Evolution>Cutting Edge>Drama/Action>BOPRecruit 16
Started by: BOPRecruit 16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

X-Men:Evolution>Cutting Edge>Drama/Action>BOPRecruit 16

A Note From The Author: This is my first x-evo fanfiction and i already have it posted at ff.net. so, please be nice when you post a review! if you have any questions let me know. i'll post more explanations and the story soon! nuff' said and here's the story...:

Title: Cutting Edge

Author: Battousai Yuriko *that's me!*

Category: Drama/Action

Synopsis: A trouble teenager, Jake Clarkson, is fed up living with his father. After a fight at school, causes him to run away from home. Discovering that he was mutant, Jake headed for Bayville, New York. Once, there, he was placed in foster care until the X-Men came to bring him to their institute. Feeling comfortable around others like him, he’s happy again. But, not for long. His father had decided to come and find him…

Rated: PG-13 for the intense drama and slight swearing.

Completeness: Chapter One with more to come.

Disclaimer: I don’t own X-Men: Evolution, but I enjoy the toon immensely. But, one thing is for sure, is that I created and own Scythe and Scorpio.

X-Men: Evolution
“Cutting Edge”

The sun is shinning bright over a two-story apartment complex. A young man of seventeen with shoulder length gold brown hair, opens the front gate. He’s wearing a black shirt and black cargo pants with a dark blue backpack hanging from one shoulder. Jake Clarkson walks past the small front yards along the cracking cement path. Every time he goes by, he’d wish the owner of the place would get it repaved. But, did it ever? No. The people around here were just too darn lazy to get anything fixed.

Reaching the metal stair case leading up to his home, Jake shakes his head and climbs them. Passing by the first couple of doors until he got to the end where the door had a gold metal “A206” on it. Like everyday before he opens the door, Jake checks and takes out the mail. Opening the wood and screen door, drops off his backpack on the nearby arm chair with a slam.

This room is the living room, the largest in the place. There was a tiny kitchen towards the back and the bedrooms were down the hall to the right. Looking to his left, Jake notices that his father is laid out on the couch fast asleep. Going over there, quickly flipping though the mail as he went, selecting the bills and deposited them on his dad’s chest. This is Jake’s way of making him notice the bills. For a fact, the man of the house rarely paid them.

Feeling exhausted, he goes to his room to nap until dinner time. He didn’t feel like doing his homework right away. Jake wasn’t normally a procrastinator, but today just was one of those days. The bad days that couldn’t get any worse. Closing his weary eyes, he recounted the day’s events.

Jake was at school, just minding his own business, when a football jock came up to him demanding that his father pay his father the money he owes. When he had asked what for, the blonde replied for last night’s match.

You see, Jake’s father fights in the local arena called “Slash Jay’s.” Where the men who were itching for a good fight, would come and beat the crap out of each other for money and sport. His father normally won, he didn’t see how, but for some unknown reason last night, he didn’t.

Jake rolled his eyes, told the guy to **** off, and walked away. Out of nowhere, he suddenly felt a wade of spit hit the back of his neck. Pissed off, he turned around to find the loser who did that. Of course, it was that idiot jock again.

With a smirk on that loser’s face, he says, “I can see how you two are alike. Both have long hair and are low life pieces of white loser trash!” The two other jocks flanking his sides laughed along with him.

As they did, Jake came stomping back over to them. With clenched fists and teeth, he spoke in a low, dangerous voice, “What?!”

The jocks stopped, and their leader retorted, “Man, you losers are quite deaf, too!” More laughter follows.

Jake could feel his blood boiling and fists tighten in rage. Raising his right arm and drawing back for a punch. He misses. On his follow through and leaving his side open, the jock shoves him to the ground. The cohorts are pointing and laughing.

Getting back up, Jake decides to do an upper cut with his left. Just when he’s about to make a sick contact with the b******'s chin, a look of horror comes over the jock’s face. A strange green-pink-white light and noise pierces the air. Jake turns his attention to his arm, his eyes going wide, too.

This was such an odd sight to bear. His whole forearm was…, well not gone, just didn’t look right. The arm was now a chiseled glowing blade with a sharp point to where his hand used to be. With his sleeve torn back, the blade surged or glowed with bolts of electricity surging about it.

What is this thing? Looking at the gawking faces and hearing the gasps around him, Jake bolted. He ran off as fast as he could off of school campus. As so, his arm transfigured itself to normal.

Behind a seven-eleven, Jake leaned against the wall breathing heavily and studying his arm. Turning it this way and that, and touching it with his right to make sure it was really flesh and bone. It was. Jake was reassured, but not relieved.

After spending an hour there trying to decide what to do, he got up and decided to walk home. There was no way he could go back to school. Everyone would think he’s a freak. He needed to calm down, which walking always worked best to sort his thoughts.

Author’s Note:

Well! So what did you X-Evo fans think of my first mutant creations? I have many more mutants to come! I come up with a new one nearly every day. Gotta Go! ^.~

I gave it sort of a “The Outsiders” feel to it. That book is by S.E. Hinton and has been around since 1966. It’s basically about greasers and socs living in Tulsa, Oklahoma trying to fit in and make right. That’s not what my fic is about, but this is my favorite book of all time. My sixth grade teacher read it to the class. The movie adaptation isn’t too bad. It has a very young Tom Cruise and Rob Lowe in it.

The Spider-Man soundtrack makes a good background music to the fic, I’ve been listening to over and over as I wrote this. My personal fave is “Invisible Man” by Theory of a Dead Man.

Jake Clarkson is played by Jonathan Jackson from the Disney movie “Tuck Everlasting.”

Jake’s father is played by Viggo Mortensen who plays Aragorn from “The Lord of the Rings” movie trilogy.

**a/n 2: the part where it's bleeped out, i used the "f" word. kmc didn't allow me to use it. sux.**

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Last edited by REXXXX on Aug 10th, 2003 at 10:20 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 12:09 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Nice fanfiction!!! I like how the story starts out, real cool!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 04:28 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

thanks dg!

to note: i don't have anything against, jock, blondes, and whatever people may find offensive.

i'll wait until everyone i pm'ed has reviewed this fic, then i'll post chapter 2 and same goes for 3. chapter 4 is still in the works. i'm very proud at how this story is turning out ^.~

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Last edited by BOPRecruit 16 on Aug 10th, 2003 at 04:40 AM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 04:37 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

wow it was really interesting i'm not a big x-men fan but this really gets me into the world of the x-men I can't wait to see what happens!

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 04:42 AM
Tiger Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Tiger Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-Woman

This is very cool. I wanna read more and more. Great ideas! Keep it up. rock

Cyclops LIVES!!!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 04:54 AM
X-Woman is currently offline Click here to Send X-Woman a Private Message Find more posts by X-Woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

thanks for the wonderful reviews so far! i put a little of myself into my original character jake. the rest are just some random ideas i always wanted to try out. keep those reviews coming!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 05:02 AM
verauko
Dreamer of the Month

Very interesting... well... I didn't understand many sentences stick out tongue but it's only because my English big grin I'll read it in few years and then I'll leave a sign big grin

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 12:40 PM
verauko is currently offline Click here to Send verauko a Private Message Find more posts by verauko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laviera_j
Kadehadaire_Mage_:)

Was V good! very very good! Hurry up and get writing again so we can see what is gonna happen! What is the=is fic called on ff.net? I will check it out!

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

All at the KMC tig! BOPrecruit16,Raven Guardia, charmaine,Exa, Tela,Nabokonir, cheekymunkey,airangel,tassie,ADSkinner,airangel429
,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 12:48 PM
Laviera_j is currently offline Click here to Send Laviera_j a Private Message Find more posts by Laviera_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Cutting Edge_Chapter 2: To Of Great Concern

Chapter Two: To Of Great Concern

Completeness: Chapter 1-2 with more on the way.

Disclaimer: I don’t own X-Men: Evolution, but I enjoy the toon immensely. But, one thing is for sure, is that I created and own Scythe and Scorpio.

“Cutting Edge”

Last Chapter: After spending an hour there trying to decide what to do, he got up and decided to walk home. There was no way he could go back to school. Everyone would think he’s a freak. He needed to calm down, which walking always worked best to sort his thoughts.

Smelling the aroma of fresh hamburgers wafting into his room, Jake slowly rolls out of bed. As he made his way to the tiny kitchen, he did a few stretches and yawns before rounding the corner. Halfway down the hall, Jake’s arm started feeling funny. Not the numb kind of funny. His lazy steps stopped, frozen, rooted to the ground with fear. He looked down at his arm.

There it was again! The same strange shining blade from earlier. Jake slowly brought his arm up, so that he could get a better look at the thing that was once his arm. Or is it? The light illuminating off of it, created a faint aurora bore Alice like light to shine on the nearby walls of the hall. Oddly, as he soon noticed, the blade wasn’t making any sort of noise, or hum, this time. It was as if the blade could sense his panic.

“Jake! Dinner! Now!” came a rough voice down the hall. ‘Uh-oh!’ Jake thought. Looking to the blade, ‘How on earth do I get ride of this?!’ “Jake!” came his father’s voice again. That distracted the boy’s attention temporarily, giving the errie blade time to re-transfigure itself to its original flesh and blood.

Looking back down towards his problem, Jake let out a soft sigh of relief. ‘Yes. It’s gone, good.’ He wasn’t quite ready to tell his father yet, not knowing how to handle this “thing” properly and fearing his father would freak. Best to go with the “don’t ask, don’t tell” cliché.

Straightening his posture, Jake rounded the corner to the kitchen. He found his father already at the table leaning back in a chair, eating, and reading today’s paper. Darrien Clarkson, age 34, with rugged features on his face. The man kept his crimson-gold hair slightly shorter with some style than Jake’s. As you can imagine, Jake didn’t get most of his looks from his father. Personality, the will to put up a good fight, and the hard-headedness was where the similarities ended with between the men.

As Jake made his way to the small table in the center of the room, he noticed the bills from earlier laying on a nearby desk. Conspicuous enough was that they hadn’t been opened. Rolling his eyes, the exhausted teen plopped himself into a cushioned chair across from his father.

“Evening sleeping beauty,” the man across from him spoke from behind the newspaper that he was reading. Jake took a bite out of a burger, ‘Look whose talking! You sleep more during the day than I do, ass.’ This is what he wanted to say out loud, but thought better of it. After a momentary pause between the two of just eating and reading, “Did you finish your homework?” Ugh. He just had to ask that everyday.

“Er…no,” Jake answered. He could tell that his father didn’t really care if he said yes or no because he hadn’t looked up from his paper when he said that. Wonderful, at least he won’t be harassed about it to death today. You know how most parents are, making sure you do your homework and the like. When his father did nag him, it bugged the hell out of him! Whenever it hit the wrong nerve, Jake would just leave the room, so that he wouldn’t have to hear the man go on and on. At times, if they fought about it, Jake would find himself thinking, ‘I bet no else’s father is this pissy.’

After the men were both done with dinner and put everything away, Jake relaxed himself on an arm chair. Meanwhile, his father watched some action-gunmen movie on t.v. Flipping through the last few pages of an old copy of “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King,” Jake put the book down and decided it was high time to bring up the bills. He was fully aware that he was being hypocritical of his previous thoughts, but it was important.

“Hey, dad?” Jake asked carefully. His father turned his head to look at him, “It seems to me that you didn’t look at today’s mail. You really need to pay those bills. We, I mean you, have already gotten nearly a months notice. Do you have the money this time?”

For a few seconds, there was no response from the latter. Turning his attention back to the lighted screen, “No to both of your questions,” he answered in a curt voice. Speaking in as few words as possible, meant that the man wasn’t in the mood to talk about it, nor his day.

Feeling on the verge of a bad temper, Jake could feel the funky numbness buzzing in his left arm again. But for the moment, it was ignored. “Da-a-ad!” He spoke through clenched teeth trying to control his anger. “Why can’t you just save the money your get from your fights? I hear that’s a good way to pay your debts.”

The older man’s body stiffened, turned around, and stood up to face his son, “I told you, I don’t have the money with me right now. I had to pay back a bet I loss in a previous fight with Sirius Venin!”

“To hell with your s***** excuses! Even though I love my job in Metropolis, I’m so ****ing sick and tired of using my pay check, yes, my pay check, to pay for the bills! You are such a lazy b******! It isn’t fair!” Jake snapped back. Gosh, when he said ‘It isn’t fair,’ reminded him of a little kid whining about something to get his way. Jake winced at himself mentally for that image.

Darrien’s brow furrowed and eyes narrowed. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing from his own son! (And, that language…Anyway, that’s not important, he shoved aside that observation.) “How dare you…!” He responded in a low, cold, dangerous tone.

“No! How dare you!” Jake screamed back. With his rage coming to a fine boil, he swung his arm back, ready to make a jab. But, just as he was raising it into a uppercut, Jake heard a loud buzz noise and a crash behind him.

He swung his attention behind him, there was a once tall lamp cut into two pieces on the floor. It had been a straight clean cut through the middle of the stick shaped poll. At the broken edges with wiring poking out, small sparks of electricity flashed and jumped about.

Looking down at his shimmering arm-blade, then slowly brought his gaze up to meet his father’s. At the same time of action, a deep nagging feeling told Jake that his father was going to think it. Thinking that right now, his son was a freak.

Meeting emerald orbs to his deep ocean, Jake did not see that at all. His father’s face wore a blank expression of deep shock or concern, Jake couldn’t tell which. The two mean just stood there, staring each other down. Suddenly, he saw his dad’s eyes flicker downwards in the direction of his arm.

Jake didn’t need to look to know that his arm was in its all-natural form, once again. The heated rage and buzz that had been surging in it had died down to a faint numbness. Still looking at his father, waiting for a reaction, saw that the corner’s of his mouth had lifted slightly then back.

Once he saw that, Jake knew, or at least had a feeling, that his father was going to say something. Something that he may not like to hear aloud. Not wanting to wait a second longer, Jake made a mad dash past his father to get to the sanctuary of his room. Coming to a screeching halt in the safe haven, he turned around and slammed the door shut with a glass shattering bang.

Meanwhile, in the living room, Darrien still stood frozen in shock and stared at the lamp until he zoned out. His mind faded into deep thoughts of great alarm and concern. In the background, he could hear the buzzing of the electricity echoing about in his mind. What to make of this? He was not quite sure of yet.

Author’s Note:

By the way, both of Jake’s forearms can become blades. Since his dominant arm is his left, Jake tends to focus his energy on that side. So, that’s why only one of his arms becomes a blade thus far. He’ll learn to control and develop his powers later in the story. But, for now, things will remain a confusing mystery to follow step by step.

The fighter that Jake’s father mentioned while they were arguing, Sirius Venin, is another of my mutant creations. Venin is French for “venom.” Sirius has nothing to do with the villain from Spider-Man, nor the jock’s father from the previous chapter.

Last edited by REXXXX on Aug 10th, 2003 at 10:18 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 09:09 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

**funny, they kmc bother to bleep out the "f" words, but not s*****. huh.**

Last edited by REXXXX on Aug 10th, 2003 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 09:10 PM
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

great i can't wait until the next chapter...

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 09:38 PM
Tiger Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Tiger Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Preview For The Next Chapter: All is not well at the Clarksons' as Jake and Darrien's minds are haunted by bad memories of the past. With the tremendous stress of being a mutant and feeling so disconnected with the world, what could this lead Jake to do? *Chapter 3 is a songfic by the way. I used the lyrics to Michelle Branch's Are You Happy Now? to cruise along with the story lines.*

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 10:05 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Very good, Recruit. I editted out some of the swear words because it's my policy of "No Swearing." Hell and Damn are fine, but not the words that get **** out.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 10:22 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

oh okay, that's fine. i don't normally have my characters swear in any of my fics, only in this one and another one they do. very little though. thanks for the heads up!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 10:32 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You're welcome. smile

You might want to fix your sig btw...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 10:52 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Hey hey hey...FINALLY I got a chance to read this amazing creation you are working on. I really like it. You have alot of talent big grin!! Let me know when you post the 3rd chapter.....smile

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 11:50 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laviera_j

Likewise! I really like the concepts for Jakes dad Darien - he sounds like he is sensitive but he could be trouble. Hope Jake stays on top of things with his dad coz you never know.

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

All at the KMC tig! BOPrecruit16,Raven Guardia, charmaine,Exa, Tela,Nabokonir, cheekymunkey,airangel,tassie,ADSkinner,airangel429
,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 03:00 PM
Laviera_j is currently offline Click here to Send Laviera_j a Private Message Find more posts by Laviera_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scifigunslinger

Great fanfic BOP. Keep 'em coming.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 05:03 PM
scifigunslinger is currently offline Click here to Send scifigunslinger a Private Message Find more posts by scifigunslinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laviera_j

Ditto!

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 05:14 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Chapter Three: Scars Not Yet Healed

Completeness: Chapter 1-3 with more on the way.

Disclaimer: I don’t own X-Men: Evolution, but I enjoy the toon immensely. But, one thing is for sure, is that I created and own Scythe and Scorpio. The song “Are You Happy Now?” is sung by and belongs rightfully to Michelle Branch. This is off of her sophomore album, Hotel Paper.

“Cutting Edge”

Last Chapter: Meanwhile, in the living room, Darrien still stood frozen in shock and stared at the lamp until he zoned out. His mind faded into deep thoughts of great alarm and concern. In the background, he could hear the buzzing of the electricity echoing about in his mind. What to make of this? He was not quite sure of yet.

Now
Don't just walk away
Pretending everything's okay
And you don't care about me
And I
Know it's just no use
When all your lies become your truths
And I
Don't care, Yeah yeah yeah

As Jake Clarkson paced back and forth in his room, he took deep, shaky breathes of air to try to help himself calm down of this raging pain inside him. Years of frustration towards his father for not caring about him after he became a teenager. Time after time of pretending to care by asking questions about how he was doing in school, never about him soully. Jake was no idiot. He knew when Darrien was lying, allowing the man’s cold, indifferent mask to show its rare cracks of emotions. For example, how he had reacted to the infamous scene in the living room, that horrified expression that Jake had feared. Yet, it was how he expected the man to react in the first place.

Could you look me in the eye
And tell me that you're happy now (oooh)
Would you tell it to my face
And have a little grace
Are you happy now?
Are you happy now?

That expression told all Jake needed to know on what his father now thought of him. He was a freak, a mutant now. The specially gifted people were shunned and considered outcasts to be feared or destroyed. But, at times, Jake couldn’t always assume what his father thought about him or about anything else in life. Why didn’t he say anything after the accident with the lamp? Where were his witty remarks to make everything feel okay and comical? Darrien’s sarcasm made life a little more bearable for Jake to be around him. Did he fear his son that much now? Wait, normally the man wasn’t afraid of anything. At least he didn’t show it. Recalling what he had read in the papers and heard on the news, normal people had a really negative reaction towards all mutants. Even the ones that were family and dear friends. As soon as a mutant made that hormonal change, they were looked at as if they were some monster. If his father felt that way about him now, then why couldn’t the ****er admit it for cris’s sake! Why was it such a problem for Darrien to say something to his face, when Jake knew he wanted to do so? But, alas, the man kept his pride by keeping his most of his opinions bottled up in order to control some of his anger at the world. Why was that?

To crawl there was to take
And left me with the empty plate
And you don't care about it
And I
Am giving up this guilt
And leaving you with all the blame
Cuz I don't care

Jake had figured out a long ago of the prime source for his dad’s coldness, his late mother. She had died shortly after giving birth to him. Jake had no memories of her whatsoever. His father never talked about her. Not even when he had asked about her when he was little. It was utterly useless to pump information from the man. Ever since his mother’s funeral, Darrien had never been the same. As he raised and watch his son grow up into a young man, he became sullen and dark. Becoming the man that Jake knew now. Darrien still was deeply scared, wounds that would never heal or be forgotten.

Sometimes Jake found himself blaming himself for being the cause of his mother’s death. Even though he knew it wasn’t entirely his fault, he still couldn’t stop feeling bad about it. Oh, how he wished that he had the chance to get to know her better before she met her untimely end. These depressing memories made Jake’s body and mind feel heavy and weary. Feeling like he couldn’t stand on his own two feet any longer, he walked over to his nearby closet door and leaned his back against it.

He slid down to the floor until he was in a sitting position with his legs stretched straight out before him. Jake could feel his vision blurring, tears were forming under his eyes. He reached a hand up to brush his hair back, then tilting his head back to prevent the tears from falling. Jake Clarkson was not going to cry, not now. He had to be strong in order to get himself through this. Desperately wanting to give up this guilt trip that he kept revisiting, Jake just wanted to dump and leave his father with all the blame to grief. Plus, not care about, but he knew that wasn’t fair.

The other arm that was resting partially on the floor was starting to feel num again. Slowly closing his eyes and making a slight groan of frustration, Jake dared to move his gaze downwards at it. Staring at the gleaming blade, he felt num. No feelings of curiosity nor frustration towards the cursed blade that was his left arm. He was way beyond those feelings. Devoid of that, all Jake could manage was to stare at it unseeingly.

*since this chapter is so long, i have to split it into a couple of posts*

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 05:42 PM