KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » So Hot!!

So Hot!!
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
diegocala
Replicant

How bad are those fires Kes...are they near you?

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 07:45 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

They're bad! But they're not near. I dont live near a florest roll eyes (sarcastic) 400 thousand hectares have burned. 15 ppl have died. Not to mention all the historical places that have been destroied and the animals that have died sad

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 07:48 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Your siggie sign says it all!!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 08:06 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

The "Bewear the wrath of mother nature" thing or the image? The image does look like smooke.
To bad most of them have nothing to do with nature messed

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 08:36 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Well even if the fire was set by humans, Mother Nature will use it to her advantage...that is how the forrest is cleaned out and kept in balance

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 08:37 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

quote:
Originally posted by diegocala
Well even if the fire was set by humans, Mother Nature will use it to her advantage...that is how the forrest is cleaned out and kept in balance

Doesn't make it any easier to live though does it sad
My heart goes out to your countries loss Kes!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 08:39 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Agreed!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 08:41 PM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by diegocala

Well it isn't really kept in balance because it happens every year and rare animal species are dying. Plus some of these florest are ppls lives. And villages (sp) are being destroied too.

Baylin> Thanks.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 08:42 PM
diegocala
Replicant

Don't want to step on any toes but the intrusion of the people in the forrest has led to human-caused eco problems, fires and the extention of rare speices may be linked back to people in the forrest
It is a debate of great importance, but it is life
Please don't take me wrong on this
I feel terrible about what is happening over there.

Last edited by diegocala on Aug 11th, 2003 at 08:50 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 08:47 PM
Kes
Philie

I didnt even understand what you said blink

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 08:52 PM
diegocala
Replicant

cool then big grin

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 09:04 PM
Kes
Philie

big grin

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 09:06 PM
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

I read today that the pope was asking people to pray for rain to put out Europe's fires. However, I wonder if he's ever asked people to pray for rain when wildfires are out of control in other countries.

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 05:38 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

today it wuz 94 (f) for the overnight low and 113 (f) for the high today no

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 05:42 AM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by ChinaNiki
I read today that the pope was asking people to pray for rain to put out Europe's fires. However, I wonder if he's ever asked people to pray for rain when wildfires are out of control in other countries.

Well the problem with these fires is that vilages are burning. Here 300 ppl had to be evacuated (sp) sad

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:36 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You mean non-Christian countries, China? I don't think he gets asked much to pray for fire relief there.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Aug 12th, 2003 at 01:19 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:38 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Yeah. i heard about the fires in Porugal on the news (At least it hink it was portugal) looked pretty serious.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:40 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
You mean non-Christian countries, CHina? I don't think he gets asked much to pray for fire relief there.

Kinda makes you think though. He is supposd to treat everyone equally. I mean he is THE POPE. Kind of selfish of him if you ask me.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:41 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Celsius> Things are pretty serious here!

lol Probably if he sais anything the non-christian countries will start complaining.
Saying he's acting superior or something.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 01:17 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeedy so, Kes.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 01:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote