KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » General Fiction Writing Contest?

Should we have a writing contest?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 15 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

General Fiction Writing Contest?
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

General Fiction Writing Contest?

Some of the users were up for it, so I thought I would make a poll to see how many people would actually like to do a writing contest...

So, what do ya say? Instead of having judges, I would let the other members of the boards vote, rating the stories on a scale of 1 to 10.

Vote now!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 10:57 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

yes, that sounds nice. explain your rules and ideas for it first before i can completely agree on this.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 11:35 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Voting ratings for stories is a system that can be abused, is the one problem here.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 12:05 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

definitely agreed. member voting would be no more relevant then their sig and avatar ratings we did eachother in the off topic section. We need judges. On the other hand..ush shouldn't do it unless he wants to.
i vote yes anyway

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 01:25 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I wasn't exactly sure of how to do the judging. 2 votes so far anyway...

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 05:59 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

yes

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 08:57 AM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

it'd be cool if rex made some challenges for certain topic of fics and/or songfics. like: x-men:the movie, etc. or even a carry-on story where people can join in! i'm a member of a group of four that's working on this round robin harry potter fic.

~battousai yuriko~

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 02:42 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well..i'd rather a no theme wink

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 02:57 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

yeah, that too.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 03:04 AM
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

So what's the call, Cap?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 09:36 PM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I guess we'll be having it. 100% of the votes say Saddam Hussein...er...that we should have a writing contest. big grin

The first one will be an unthemed contest. Then I'd have a poll for the theme of the second story.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 10:56 PM
Dexx
wingless

perfect
now..de[pends on who does the judging

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 01:59 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

cap, what do you mean by an "unthemed" contest?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 07:47 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The writing can be about anything, any category of writing, any galaxy of writing. You still have to keep it clean though.

Themed would "Write your own Sci-Fi story," meaning write a thing like Star Wars but it cannot be Star Wars. Or the theme could be "Write an X-men story." You would have to write something on the X-men.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 07:05 PM
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's start it.

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 07:13 PM
SalemKent is currently offline Click here to Send SalemKent a Private Message Find more posts by SalemKent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

So when's it start/end? length? things like that?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 07:27 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

One thing I was considering, if I get your permission, my favourite Fiction Section moderator of all Rex...

*bats eyelashes*

(Hey, I've heard flattery can help!)

A "Challenge" section - I, or you, or us, set a challenge that people have to meet. we can set any constrictions we like - eg. film/series, characters involved, genre, length etc, etc

whaddya think?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 07:31 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll do the judging if you really want me to, it is just that I don't pull punches when it comes to writing.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 10:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well, I guess you can judge, then Ush.

Sounds like an interesting idea, Phoenix. I'll see what I can work out...

I'm not sure how long and all that stuff. I'll start it and set up the rules in a few days.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 03:23 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

if it is unthemed, is it okay if i entered my x-evo in this contest? i'm not so sure if i will, just wondering.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 07:25 AM