KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » General Fiction Writing Contest?

Should we have a writing contest?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 15 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

General Fiction Writing Contest?
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fungrl515

well, no matter how you do it, it's a great idea. i won't contribute any of my stories, but i'd like to read them. it's so nice to read another person's stories and see their thoughts written on paper. i love it. big grin have fun!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 04:04 PM
fungrl515 is currently offline Click here to Send fungrl515 a Private Message Find more posts by fungrl515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well.if ush does the judging....then it's settled

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 04:33 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hey Fungrl515! *waves*

Bop, I'm unsure of what to say to that. What do you think Ush?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 01:45 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

do you want people to submit all new material, and not what they already have going? i just came up with this cool new fic today, so i guess i could enter it in the contest. depending on what you decide on rex and dexx!

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 06:40 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i assume it would be a new creation..definitely new

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 02:16 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

yeah, new stuff is needed.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 08:25 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

alright, then! i guess i'll have to go to work on "shadow reapers" pretty soon. *sooner than i expected for such a new creation of mine!* i hope you people will like the mutant creations, band, and superheros in it. *how long will it take me to get this new one typed?* so, when do we start this contest? make sure you give the authors plenty of time to post, read, and judge. thanks!

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 12:43 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

BOP, like your new siggie pic

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 10:45 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Okidokey then, I'll do the judging.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 02:50 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i could be a judge in the future, i've reviewed nearly/over 300 fics/chapters. so i've got a lot of to do on reviewing in future. for now, i'll just play the role of a writer.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 12:48 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

BTW, they are all rubbish. Geez. I had to waste several hours of my life READING this crap?

(giggles)

No, I am sure they will be great, but I would like to re-iterate that these are the kind of thoughts that MIGHT be going through my head...

And actually, I was lying about being sure it would all be great. I'll reserve judgment on that.

Are there any criteria you want me to judge on? Because I will go a BIG deal on clear sentencing and good grammar, which might annoy some people.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 10:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

no ..you do exactly that. That way i'll do my best to comply. I might even learn something from this.
you could give us a grammar evaluation at the end stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 10:56 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i'm growling about the grammar comments to come already. *laughs* normally, i'm really careful to edit and fix errors before i upload a chapter. but if it's really late at night or early morning, then i leave more errors than i like or notice. right now in my fic work, i'm almost ready to type chapter four to my x-evo fic. also, i've started on chapter 10 for my dbz/hp.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 02:47 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

when's the contest starting?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 05:04 AM
REXXXX
Networking

...I don't know...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 06:36 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Is it gonna be a tightly constrained contest, or a write whatever you please type thing? and what about that short story/ original fic competition? and I would like to judge as well, sometimes (obv NOT when I have submitted something myself!)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 07:29 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

dunno..i guess it can be as short or original as anyone wishes..or is able to do.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 01:13 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If it is long it had better be worth my time reading it...

BtVS

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 01:40 AM
Dexx
wingless

oh..it won't....just gotta find SOMETHING to write about first..

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 02:29 AM
yerssot

I like the idea; what are the rules?

*thinks of writing last 1500 page within a day*

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 03:37 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote