KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Martial arts movies......

Martial arts movies......
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PRO-PAIN
PAIN...PRO-PAIN

quote:
Originally posted by botankus
Question for PRO-PAIN: Did you come up with your User ID after the band or was it something creative on your own? I'm a pretty decent fan of Pro-Pain.

Botankus you are absolutely right, it is from the band Pro-Pain, I'm a huge fan of them, I have actually hung out with them several times and they are very cool guys.....

I see you are from NC to, what part? I'm from Rock Hill SC about 20 minutes south of Charlotte NC....

MY DVD COLLECTION UPDATED 4/24/05

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 01:17 PM
PRO-PAIN is currently offline Click here to Send PRO-PAIN a Private Message Find more posts by PRO-PAIN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I will PM you on that one.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 01:29 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

As mention earlier the best way to get into Kung Fu films is to watch the Shaw Brothers movies. Then check out movies from Golden Harvest studios. I started watching the Martial arts genre since I was little. I would watch Kung Fu theather every weekend until it went off the air. Ever since then I been addicted to Kung fu films.

Unfortunally most of the best classics have not been transfer to DVD yet. And some are still on VHS and very hard to find. Others were only aired in America maybe a few times but never released on VHS. The Best bet is too do searches in video stores bins or orden them online.

Some excellent titles have been already mention, but here is a few of personal favorites:

Shaolin Master Killer
Thundering Manthis
Eagle's Claw
Master of The Flying Guillotine
Master with Cracked fingers
The Kid with the Golden Arm
Five Fingers of Death

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 06:56 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

my fave actor is Jakie Chan he is ****ing amazing.drunken master 2 is the best Martial arts movie.

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 11:11 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

enter the dragon was my fav or the hunted it is kinda a martial arts movie

Old Post Aug 11th, 2004 11:19 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zerosparx

Anyone hear of the Blind Swordsman? Its pretty a old movie but its just so cool how a blind guy can kick the crap outta guys that can see...LOL. Theres a new one out thats supposed to be really good and Im also looking forward to "Hero".

The One: Horrible

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Boring but a beautiful film, I felt like the movie was pointless at the end

The Seven Samurai (Epic or Drama or Martial Arts?): Great film, LLLLOOONNNGG but if you if you have enough patience it pays off, directed by Akira Kurosawa

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 12:34 AM
Zerosparx is currently offline Click here to Send Zerosparx a Private Message Find more posts by Zerosparx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

quote:
Originally posted by Zerosparx
Anyone hear of the Blind Swordsman?

the story of Zatoichi? if so then yes
BTW The Seven Samurai kicks ass

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 01:29 AM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

The Blind Swordsman:ZATOICHI - a classic...one of my faves....

HERO - my most favorite! you just have to see the color sheme to realize this is more than just a martial arts film...

CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON - i guess this one set the pace...

THE ONE - yeah...horrible....

Jet Li's ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA series is quite good....still like them...

and the SHAOLIN KIDS series? hilarious...!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 03:06 AM
jeffer_wrote is currently offline Click here to Send jeffer_wrote a Private Message Find more posts by jeffer_wrote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

HERO - is ****ing kool

CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON - i loved it because Chow Yun Fat was fighting and not using guns

THE ONE - it was OK but pretty shity

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 06:24 AM
wuTa

any bruce lee pic...bradon lee also did few good ones early on but he will always be underrated coz of his last name

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 06:26 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

i dont realy like bruse that much he's to over rated.Oh dose any one here know who Yuen Wah is coz he kicks ass.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 06:35 AM
Zerosparx

I dont know much about Bruce Lee except that when filming the guy moved so fast the film had to be slowed down, which is off the scale considering that in old martial art movies the film was sped up, overrated or not, its crazy he was that fast

Last edited by Zerosparx on Aug 12th, 2004 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 09:55 PM
Zerosparx is currently offline Click here to Send Zerosparx a Private Message Find more posts by Zerosparx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

yeah, brandon lee was real promising, 'cept that he had to live in the shadow of his Dragon dad...anyone seen Showdown in Little Tokyo (with Dolph Lundgren...)? and he had the moves in RAPID FIRE...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 02:16 AM
jeffer_wrote is currently offline Click here to Send jeffer_wrote a Private Message Find more posts by jeffer_wrote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Fearnix
i dont realy like bruse that much he's to over rated.

i definetly disagree on that.....he paved the way for every martial artists to star in movies.....he literally kicked down the doors of hollywood and opened it up for every martial artists that is being mentioned in this thread

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 04:53 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Zerosparx
Anyone hear of the Blind Swordsman? Its pretty a old movie but its just so cool how a blind guy can kick the crap outta guys that can see...LOL. Theres a new one out thats supposed to be really good and Im also looking forward to "Hero".

Absolutely yes! I love the Zatoichi movie series! I got my collection of his more recent movies. Currently I'm try to get most of his early movies. Is a shame that Katsu died he was a great actor and he was the original Zatoichi.

The Zatoichi character kicks ass! A blind man who loves to gamble and gives massages to his victims and later kills them. That's super cool. big grin

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 02:23 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

isent there a new Zatoichi film directed by Takeshi Kitano?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 06:27 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah he did another Blind swordsmen, i think it opens in limited release this month, if not then it is already out

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 05:54 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zerosparx

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Absolutely yes! I love the Zatoichi movie series! I got my collection of his more recent movies. Currently I'm try to get most of his early movies. Is a shame that Katsu died he was a great actor and he was the original Zatoichi.

The Zatoichi character kicks ass! A blind man who loves to gamble and gives massages to his victims and later kills them. That's super cool. big grin

Zatoichi is my favorite martial arts character of all time, the few movies Ive seen with him in it I liked a lot. Takeshi Kitano wrote, directed and played as Zatoichi in the new film hopefully he doesnt mess up the character. Shintaro Katsu was perfect for the roll in the earlier movies he acts so completely blind its hard to tell whether he is or not.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 12:01 AM
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Not the biggest fan...

But I'd say I get a kick out of em'. I just bought HERO, ONG BAK: MUAY THAI WARRIOR, and ZATOICHI: THE BLIND SWORDSMAN.

I have all the Bruce Lee Movies, about 9 Jackie Chan Films, and 7 Jet Li Films (not including his western material).

"Below courage there's nothing"
"I will never let my comrades die"

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 02:01 PM
Big_Daddy2 is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Daddy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Daddy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

my favorite martial arts character is Wong Fei Hong rock

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 05:40 PM