KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Martial arts movies......

Martial arts movies......
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ms Hyde

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Yeah he did another Blind swordsmen, i think it opens in limited release this month, if not then it is already out

They were showing (the new?) Zatoichi in the Sydney Film Festival this year. I thought it was new until I searched and found it was made in 1989. I haven't seen it yet sad

You people! If there isn't a movie about it, it's not worth knowing, is it? - Metatron

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 11:48 AM
Ms Hyde is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Hyde a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Hyde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Double
.. and some junk

Some of the stunts in Project A with Jackie Chan were the best I've seen, ever. Supercop's fight scenes were just crazy. I think Jackie really shined in that one. The choreography in Legend of the Drunken Master was perfect. For the old school I go for The Streetfighter with Sonny Chiba. Master Killer was a classic and Enter the Dragon is a personal fave. I wish Bruce had a chance to finish Game of Death himself. I think it would have been the best kung-fu movie ever.

Oh Sweat!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 06:43 AM
D-Double is currently offline Click here to Send D-Double a Private Message Find more posts by D-Double Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I like jackie chans movies, not because the martial arts in them are so deadly, but because the way he does martial arts in his films makes it seem rather hilarious and very inventive.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 08:42 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Jackie has admitted that he was inspired by Buster Keaton and that most of his stunts are always a "must" for his movies. Jackie blends comedy and action perfectly fine. He is just one of a kind!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 06:15 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Hyde

^ I grew up on Jackie movies. My dad loved them! I appreciate them better now.

You people! If there isn't a movie about it, it's not worth knowing, is it? - Metatron

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 12:15 AM
Ms Hyde is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Hyde a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Hyde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

police story 1 + 2 i think were the highlights for jackie

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 12:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
fair enough the may be able to jump high but being able to fly dont appeal to me!!!

CTHD, Hero, House of the Flying Daggers and other films like these are Wuxia films, so nothing wrong with all the fighting and scenes against the laws of physics and so on. Very big in China these type of genre films. Very magical to watch, visuals.

Ong Bak was good for the action scenes, but didn't like the editing and the rest of the movie was awful, didn't like that.

Who Am I, my brother worked on effects/action scenes in this Chan movie, met Jackie as well.

Love watching Jet Li, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Michelle Yeoh and most others mentioned already.

Naturally, I am a martial arts fan big grin

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 03:32 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie_freak

Jackie Chan old films like- Police Story 1,2,3 (Police Story 4 is coming out)
Jet li films including once upon a Time in China(Wong Fei Hong) and some Chow Yun Fat old films too.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 07:13 AM
movie_freak is currently offline Click here to Send movie_freak a Private Message Find more posts by movie_freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wyldnight

Kung fu movie help

I saw his one Kung fu movie when I was a kid about a construction worker who was working in a Shaolin temple (or some kind of temple where they taught Kung fu). I remember them building scaffolding out of bamboo. The guy wanted to learn Kung fu, but they wouldn’t teach him because he didn’t seem to have any skill with it.

However, by watching the students while he worked, he learned and practiced by adapting it to his construction work. He eventually ends up helping the temple out, as I recall, when bandits or some other kind of “bad guys” started attacking the students and teachers there.

Does anyone happen to know the name of this movie? I’ve only been able to see it one time on television and, because it as so long ago, I can’t rember the name of it. Nor have I been able to find a description of a Kung fu movie that matches what I remember. Any help would be appreciated. I’d love to find this movie and buy it if possible. Thank you.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 10:45 PM
Wyldnight is currently offline Click here to Send Wyldnight a Private Message Find more posts by Wyldnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote