Mikkelsen Is Bonds Nemesis In 'Casino Royale'[Thursday, February 16th, 2006]
Mads Mikkelsen is to star in the new James Bond film Casino Royale he will fill the shoes of James Bond nemesis Le Chiffre, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The Danish actor joins Daniel Craig and Judi Dench in the Martin Campbell-directed film, which began shootin in Jan. 27 in Prague. All that's missing now is a leading lady for the martini-loving agent; the studio is expected to make an announcement within days.
In the book, which was Ian Fleming's first in the long-running series, Bond matches wits with Le Chiffre while playing high-stakes baccarat. The evil genius, also known as the Number or the Cipher, is a banker for terrorists and criminals with a penchant for torture. Le Chiffre is rumored to have been inspired by British occultist Aleister Crowley.
Mikkelsen's casting had been widely expected after news surfaced this week that the actor's taxi driver father reportedly told fares that his son had won the coveted role
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]