Peter Jackson & Naomi Watts Talk 'King Kong'[Friday, September 3rd, 2004]
Peter Jackson, director of the King Kong remake, says his version of the film will be different from the original, in that it will focus more on character development, especially Kong. "He's a very old gorilla and he's never felt a single bit of empathy for another living creature," Jackson told the Associated Press.
"You introduce this other person into his life which initially he thinks he's going to kill and then he slowly moves away from that and it comes full circle," he said. "That's what we're exploring and its really fun to go into that psychological depth with it."
Naomi Watts plays the female lead Ann Darrow, originally played by Fay Wray. "Those are big shoes to fill," Watts said, adding Wray "did a wonderful job."
"It is an iconic movie and an iconic role. Hopefully people won't suddenly see me as only this role," said Watts.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]