Sean Penn, Kevin Bacon Join Clint Eastwood[Friday, June 28th, 2002]
Sean Penn is set and Kevin Bacon is in final negotiations to star in Warner Bros. Pictures/Village Roadshow Prods.' "Mystic River," which Clint Eastwood will direct and produce, reports The Hollywood Reporter
Based on Dennis Lehane's novel of the same name, "Mystic" tells the story of three childhood friends -- Sean, Dave and Jimmy -- who are reunited 25 years later when they become linked in a murder investigation after Jimmy's oldest daughter is killed.
Penn will play Jimmy, an ex-con ready to take justice into his own hands. Bacon would play Sean, a policeman on duty when Jimmy's daughter is murdered who responds to the call.
The project will go into production in September in Boston and Los Angeles.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]