HOUSE Of M

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
People seem to think that it is cannon, how ever only some of it is. The memories people have from tha reality are not cannon those events never took place. Many characters were complete different in there memories and people need to learn this.

Just thought people should know.

Jyppe
Just because Wolverine got owned by Fury wink

DigiMark007
I dunno. The characters themselves were at the same power levels as they normally are, so even though it didn't technically ever happen, it's kinda hard for me to ignore it completely.

So yeah, it's not canon. But I see the representations of the characters/fights/etc. as essentially accurate (and, for our purposes, viable to cite in the forum).

I mean, things like The Collective (which is canon) happened as a result of HoM, so it's not like we can just say it never happened.

Entity
I also think it should be considered a creditable source. I mean how much that happened in HoM wouldn't be entirely possible in normal 616?

Off-Topic but just want to say I love the new Spiderman sig and avay Digi! thumb up rock smart thumb up

DigiMark007
Gracias. The avy's an older one, but the sig actually took me a few hours and is the first sig I've been really proud of in a while.

smile

Entity
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Gracias. The avy's an older one, but the sig actually took me a few hours and is the first sig I've been really proud of in a while.

smile

Da nada! I guess I'm bias thou, Spiderman is my absolute favorite. And I think I really like the avy because DM are my inatials wink So it's really cool. Also nothing personal but, I wasn't really a big fan of the Dino thing. Thats just me thou.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Entity
Da nada! I guess I'm bias thou, Spiderman is my absolute favorite. And I think I really like the avy because DM are my inatials wink So it's really cool. Also nothing personal but, I wasn't really a big fan of the Dino thing. Thats just me thou.

lol. Not a problem....glad you're being honest.

The dino comics will eventually make a return though....it's just what I do when I'm too lazy (or busy) to make real sigs.

Entity
lol. Not a problem....glad you're being honest.

The dino comics will eventually make a return though....it's just what I do when I'm too lazy (or busy) to make real sigs.

Oh, its cool. Alot of people seem to like them and I must admit they can be funny. God being an Atheist and all. lol Like I said thou, everyones got their thing and thats great. big grin

NiņoAraņa
this reminds me of the last panel of one of the dino sigs

OMGZ I've been OFT'd! laughing

Scoobless
Of course it's canon.

What the f**k?

That's like saying every story featuring a reality manipulator or one where the FF or whoever visit an alternate universe isn't canon.

Super Guy
Though I haven't read HoM... didn't it lead into the whole thing where the mutie scum lost their powers? Meaning surely it really happened...

Psyquis52
It did happen. And Wolverine totally lost to Fury. stick out tongue

Ichigo66666
How can one bit be canon and another not? It is total b*llocks.

Psyquis52
I concur. Which actually really sucks for me because I love Sabertooth and he didn't land a single punch on Black Panther.

I find that incredibly unrealistic.

Howard_Jones
To be honest, it should be considered canonical. Same characters, different memories. That's the only difference.

Was it well written? Nope. Bendis isn't that great of a writer. He had Wrecker in two places at once (One getting wrecked by Toxin, and the other slapping around Wolverine, Spidey, Luke Cage, and Spider-Woman) though I think he may have broke out after Toxin got to him.

Super Guy
Bendis is awesome... have you read his run on Daredevil, for God's sake?

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Super Guy
Bendis is awesome... have you read his run on Daredevil, for God's sake?

One run doesn't make someone a great writer. He's not established yet, nor has he done anything that makes him stand out. He has a problem with not doing his research, and for having really bad man-crushes on certain characters. He's like a fanfic writer set loose on the MU.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
One run doesn't make someone a great writer. He's not established yet, nor has he done anything that makes him stand out. He has a problem with not doing his research, and for having really bad man-crushes on certain characters. He's like a fanfic writer set loose on the MU.

Co-signed, though I agree his DD run was superb.

Soljer
So....

House of M.

Canon or not?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Soljer
So....

House of M.

Canon or not?

Definitely canon

capt it up
I dunno. The characters themselves were at the same power levels as they normally are, so even though it didn't technically ever happen, it's kinda hard for me to ignore it completely.

So yeah, it's not canon. But I see the representations of the characters/fights/etc. as essentially accurate (and, for our purposes, viable to cite in the forum).

I mean, things like The Collective (which is canon) happened as a result of HoM, so it's not like we can just say it never happened.

HOM wolverine ( well really just fake memories) was only about 50 years old and was trianed by fury and punisher that it.

thats a huge difference.

capt was an old man another huge difference.

Scoobless
The whole world was different ... it's still canon ... just like when Morgan Le Fay used the twilight sword to re write the universe in Avengers.

capt it up
Originally posted by Scoobless
The whole world was different ... it's still canon ... just like when Morgan Le Fay used the twilight sword to re write the universe in Avengers.
it not all cannon. some of it yes how ever most of it is not.

the main serires is connon the side stories is not. an example is logan memories and missions. They never happen they were false memories. Logan never did it if he was HOM logan he would only be 50 which is not correct.

outavodka
I see it as canon period, also my fav part in the main story when Rogue surprise football tackles Genis/Namor and gains thepower of both of them. I nominate it as her single most uber moment ever.

capt it up
Originally posted by outavodka
I see it as canon period, also my fav part in the main story when Rogue surprise football tackles Genis/Namor and gains thepower of both of them. I nominate it as her single most uber moment ever.
it not cannon then. that the point if it was cannonc apt would be an old man.

wolbverien would be 50 instead of over 120 years of age. The main series is cannon.

the side stories are not. wolverine side stories are clearly not cannon. many of capts are not nor are black panthers

willRules
Originally posted by capt it up
it not cannon then. that the point if it was cannonc apt would be an old man.

wolbverien would be 50 instead of over 120 years of age. The main series is cannon.

the side stories are not. wolverine side stories are clearly not cannon. many of capts are not nor are black panthers

But it still takes place in the Marvel continuity, just because you didn't like it or because reality had been temporarily altered doesn't mean it didn't happen yes

Scoobless
Originally posted by willRules
But it still takes place in the Marvel continuity, just because you didn't like it or because reality had been temporarily altered doesn't mean it didn't happen yes

Actually Capt is right.... never thought I'd say that.

stick out tongue

I think he's talking about the flashback scenes from the HOM stories .... these flashbacks would overlap actual 616 continuity.

Basically they should be treated the same as implanted memories.

willRules
Actually Capt is right.... never thought I'd say that.

stick out tongue

I think he's talking about the flashback scenes from the HOM stories .... these flashbacks would overlap actual 616 continuity.

Basically they should be treated the same as implanted memories.

But by that logic, if you consider the "present day" in House of M to be part of the continuity, then the altered reality would mean that that past was valid with that altered reality and therefore part of that continuity. yes In other words I'm saying because reality was altered, regardless of the time it happened doesn't mean it's not cannon.

Here is what I mean. All the timeliness shown are cannon IMO........

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7613/homtimelinehz6.th.jpg

Scoobless
You're suggesting she created an entire universe ala Franklin Richards: Heroes Reborn?

Hmmm ... maybe.

So would you consider AoA to be canon as well?

willRules
Well technically......... yes

However it needs to be taken into account that even if it was definitely cannon or definitely not cannon, it's well.........irrelevant now anyway, the event's over and Marvel will probably retcon it anyway yes

srankmissingnin
The story is canon but the HoM characters don't equal their 616 counter parts. HoM Sabretooth for example was never a member of Weapon X. Why? Because Weapon X never existed in HoM. HoM Sabretooth was basically Pre Graydon and Weapon Upgrade, useless smuggler/freebooter Sabretooth. He had no formal military training, the first time he met Wolverine was in Alberta after the Mutant/Human War (where as in 616 the had already met in pre WW1)... and then he was in jail until Magneto let him out to assassinate Black Panther. A character like Cyclops who's powers/attributes have never been artificially modified is the same as their 616 counter part but someone like Sabretooth is a pale imitation.

Entity
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The story is canon but the HoM characters don't equal their 616 counter parts. HoM Sabretooth for example was never a member of Weapon X. Why? Because Weapon X never existed in HoM. HoM Sabretooth was basically Pre Graydon and Weapon Upgrade, useless smuggler/freebooter Sabretooth. He had no formal military training, the first time he met Wolverine was in Alberta after the Mutant/Human War (where as in 616 the had already met in pre WW1)... and then he was in jail until Magneto let him out to assassinate Black Panther. A character like Cyclops who's powers/attributes have never been artificially modified is the same as their 616 counter part but someone like Sabretooth is a pale imitation.

Just a little off-topic but who was the guy Logans grandfather paid to find him towards the end of Origin then???
Cause I never really knew for sure but, I always thought he looked allot like sabertooth maybe before his mutations were fully developed into the ferial he is now.

SpunkySmurph
Just to echo pretty much everyone who's posted on this page... stick out tongue

Basically, everything the characters did under their own will and power was cannonical, (though the particular version of that character would have to be taken into account.)

However, the false history and memories that were created via Wanda's Chaos Magic were not cannonical, as they never actually happened. They were fake. Made up.

willRules
Originally posted by Entity
Just a little off-topic but who was the guy Logans grandfather paid to find him towards the end of Origin then???
Cause I never really knew for sure but, I always thought he looked allot like sabertooth maybe before his mutations were fully developed into the ferial he is now.

That was Wolverine's childhood friend "Dog" who had very similar attributes to Sabretooth but it was never confirmed that he was Sabretooth yes

willRules
I apologise for the double post smile

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
However, the false history and memories that were created via Wanda's Chaos Magic were not cannonical, as they never actually happened. They were fake. Made up.

Well if you take the altered present day (The actual time of the storyline) to be cannon, what's to prevent the altered past from being cannon? The fact that Wanda altered reality isn't necessarily applicable to a specific time. yes

Here is what I mean.....

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/6528/homtimelinenh9.th.jpg

Scoobless
IThe fact that Wanda altered reality isn't necessarily applicable to a specific time.

Perhaps.... but the 616 timeline is the only canon timeline for 616 characters ... anything that existed parallel to that should be treated like a "What If" story

willRules
Perhaps.... but the 616 time line is the only canon time line for 616 characters ... anything that existed parallel to that should be treated like a "What If" story

Good point. It would explain why when Wolverine remembered his past in H.O.M he didn't remember any of the past from H.O.M time line.

Scoobless
Good point. It would explain why when Wolverine remembered his past in H.O.M he didn't remember any of the past from H.O.M time line.

Yeah .... and the Nick Fury incedent was a story being told by Mystique to someone ... Wolverine and Fury may not even know it "happened"

capt it up
Yeah .... and the Nick Fury incedent was a story being told by Mystique to someone ... Wolverine and Fury may not even know it "happened"
it never did happen. it was all implanted memories and such.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.