Roger Waters Nazi Costume

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Roger Waters, at it again with the Nazi stuff. I am sure he is trolling on this issue or being ironic, or engaged in satire, drive by humour etc. He has done this sort of thing sooooooo many times before.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/26/berlin-police-investigate-roger-waters-nazi-style-uniform-pink-floyd-concert?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Bashar Teg
Displaying symbols of Nazi rule, including the swastika or SS insignia, is illegal in Germany, with exemptions for educational purposes and in artistic contexts.

seems like the authorities in germany are just being dumbcunts. is it deliberate? I'm suspicious of whoever finds reason to take offense to a fictitious disparagement of fascism.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Displaying symbols of Nazi rule, including the swastika or SS insignia, is illegal in Germany, with exemptions for educational purposes and in artistic contexts.

seems like the authorities in germany are just being dumbcunts. is it deliberate? I'm suspicious of whoever finds reason to take offense to a fictitious disparagement of fascism. Problem with Waters much as I loved his music, as he has been doing this for years. My school of thought is it has always been ironic shock humour and Starship Troopers style satire. The wall certainly wasn't fascist.

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Roger Waters, at it again with the Nazi stuff. I am sure he is trolling on this issue or being ironic, or engaged in satire, drive by humour etc. He has done this sort of thing sooooooo many times before.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/26/berlin-police-investigate-roger-waters-nazi-style-uniform-pink-floyd-concert?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Yeah, it's an old act. Doubtful anyone who knows his acts suddenly took offense, what probably happened is either someone stumbled onto him, or someone decided to forward his act to anti-hate groups because they thought it would be funny..

After 30 years or however long, I doubt he'll get shut down now. Dave Chappelle set the precedent, same basic sphere.

Old Man Whirly!
Always loved me some Pink Floyd.

Bashar Teg
there's nothing shocking about him cosplaying "pink" from a film he wrote 40 years ago as part of his show. was he supposed to censor his show for the germany nights of his tour? unless there's some important detail that i missed, i disagree that the intention was shock/troll.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
there's nothing shocking about him cosplaying "pink" from a film he wrote 40 years ago as part of his show. was he supposed to censor his show for the germany nights of his tour? unless there's some important detail that i missed, i disagree that the intention was shock/troll. by trolling, I mean using that kind of imagery against fascism. That sort of thing always confuses some people like Starship Troopers. It was a poorly constructed post from me, no doubt.

Bashar Teg
ah, i get what you mean. side note: wondering if germany banned mel brooks

cdtm
by trolling, I mean using that kind of imagery against fascism. That sort of thing always confuses some people like Starship Troopers. It was a poorly constructed post from me, no doubt.

How do you mean about Starship Troopers? Am planning on reading the book after I get through The Culture.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by cdtm
How do you mean about Starship Troopers? Am planning on reading the book after I get through The Culture. I loved the Hitler Rap. Spike Millighan is another who did some great Hitler humour. I think we laugh at our Monsters take them less scary tbh.

Robtard
Problem with Waters much as I loved his music, as he has been doing this for years. My school of thought is it has always been ironic shock humour and Starship Troopers style satire. The wall certainly wasn't fascist.

Which is fine as it's both entertainment and he's obviously not promoting Nazism in a positive light.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/pink-floyds-roger-waters-berlin-show-offensive-to-jewish-people-us-4100158

Bashar Teg

cdtm
Who's the fascists Bash.

Can't really lay this as the feet of Fox News or Republicans while absolving the left, they don't run the State Department.

Bashar Teg

cdtm
And apparently the article itself is on Bash's ignore list. Had he read it he wouldn't be trying to blame the "facists" when Biden's Democrat controlled State Department denounced Waters.

Bashar Teg
click here]? Nah, but thanks for all the reminders

Old Man Whirly!

Robtard
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/pink-floyds-roger-waters-berlin-show-offensive-to-jewish-people-us-4100158

"accusing Waters of having a record of using antisemitic tropes." -snip

I'm unaware of this. Not saying it's not true, as I've not seen every performance, but it seems very much not something Pink Floyd would do. I think more likely people are overreacting and knee-jerking.

Bashar Teg
they give no examples. may as well go after sacha baron cohen. lots and lots of antisemitic tropes in borat, if obtuseness is preferred, which is obviously preferred here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.