USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME- The Mighty Deeds Thread (experience record)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
The MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing) system that I use for my LOTR game- with some minor adjustments to make character creation slightly more plausible for you guys- is a very old and traditional system.

One of its nice little quirks is the way experience works. All experience is awarded at the end of a story but the amount you are due accumulates as the story goes along for just about every single act you perform. Combat is obviously a big part of this, but passing ANY roll at all gives you some xp.

Furthermore, at the end of the story, a bonus batch of xp goes out equal to half again the total of all xp gained by ALL characters in the story. his bonus xp is divided up and awardsed to players that came up with good ideas or performed more intellectual feats that did not require dice rolling during the story. This way, the less active characters can catch up with the more active ones at the end of the story.

Howevber, I need to keep a record. I remember at the end of part 2 I got hopelessly lost trying to dot his all at once, and for various reasons the game has stretched out so long now that it has become essential that I keep a riunning total of it in here!

So, this thread will be used to record... just about anything you do. In the post below I shall keep a record of the numbers concerned. it is very much encumbent upon you as players to post in here actions you have perfofmrd that you feel should either entitle you to numerical xp to be recorded here, or a share in the 'ideas pool' at the end of the story.

Things that quality for numerical xp involve:

- Any action/skill roll successfully accomplished

- Any spell successfully cast

- Distance travelled. This is a VERY Tolkienesque reason for xp. However it is not a factor in this current story.

In combat we count:

- All damage inflicted

- All damage received

- Critical damage inflicted or received (yup, break your arm and gain xp!)

- Dealing the final blow on an enemy. If it is the first type of that enemy you have killed, it is worth a lot more. If the second or third, a bit more. After that you get the standard rate.

All xp rewarded for damaging enemies is proportional to your level difference. A level one guy hurting a level 3 foe gets lots; a level five guy doing the same thing gets rather little.

So! Let's hear any clams you want to make...

Ushgarak
This post is where I will keep such records.

-----

Gwilwileth

MEDIUM TASK: Stalk/Hide roll to overhear Stewards: 50xp

Mithlond
OK, well what has Menelacar done so far...
Travelled from Gondor!
Taken part in Archery and Strength tournaments
Spoken to several lords.
Fenced with Darvan.

Any of that worth anything?

Ushgarak
just put in one example so far. This will go much more easily as a collaborative effort so could people remind me of any successful rolls they have made so far, including individual rolls in Tournament events? Thanks!

Mithlond
Do you need the specifics for the above claims?

Ushgarak
Traveling from Gondor went into your starting 5000 bonus I am afraid!

On the rolls for the Tournament, yes please.

Mithlond
OK (in reverse order)
Test of Strength: 1 roll so far on race
Work in Library (any rolls?)
Archery: Roll 1 60 becomes 78 for four
Roll 2 55 becomes 73 for a five
Roll 3 60 becomes 78 for a one
Final place 2nd, didn't get past first round.
Fencing with Darvan - not sure of the rolls, but scores were first set 3-2 to Menelacar; second set 3-1 to Darvan; third set 3-1 to Darvan.

Also other discussions, etc with nobles.

Ushgarak
Ta muchly. Will update when others submit.

Lana
Hmmm.

Well, Ellothiel spotted the body.

As for the tournament...I only did Archery and that's all I'll be doing for that. I can't actually remember how the rolls are done, so I'm just posting the result.

Round 1:
Roll 1 - 3
Roll 2 - 1
Roll 3 - 3

Round 2:
Roll 1 - 5
Roll 2 - 1
Roll 3 - 0
Tiebreaker - ...don't know?

Then I also fenced with Darvan earlier. Lost both matches 3-1 though.

And...I think that's it for me so far.

Captain REX
I may have to re-read the first episode if I want to make any claims, unless we are starting with the current.

Also, must find specifics of the battle with the Chiorc.

Ushgarak
Starting with the current.

There's actually a link to that event around, if you go to the right place.

Bespin Bart
We've already racked in our xp for fighting Chiorcs and defending princesses, Rex. stick out tongue

Fire
I'll check the current episode, when I get the time tonight. Since I don't have many social skills and didn't partake in any competitions yet, the number of succesful rolls will be slim I guess.

Mithlond
Menelacar in the Test of Strength:
1. The Snap: Rolled a 9.
2. The Carry: Rolled 56 for a 71; 98; 77 for a 92; 66 for an 81; 6; 15; 9; 84; 11; 15; 75 and a win in that race
3. The Throw: 81 and 63 (throw 19.5 feet); 59 and 87 (throw 20.5 feet); 14 and 66. 2nd place in the throw.
2nd place in the competition overall.

Mithlond
Menelacar in the Joust...
1. Riding roll 10; Polarms 9
2. 100 and 63
3. 85 & 83
4. 76 & 77
5. 65 & 26
6. 72 total
7. another draw
8. lostby 25.
Overall won 1 round, lost in second

Ushgarak
Ah! Glad you remembered this! It all counts!

William, you get a slice for finding out that invo in the tavern, btw!

Captain REX
Okay, let's take account of some of Talin's feats, here...

Talin in the Test of Strength:
1. The Snap: Rolled a 9? Listed as an auto-success, then a 2 on holding it. Talin took 3rd in the event.
2. The Carry: Rolled 45 for 40; 58; 30; 23; 85; 57; 01 and fumble; 96; 74; 40; 71; 15; 21. Talin took 3rd in the event.
3. The Throw: 24 and 33 (fumble); 95 and 48 (distance: 21.5 feet); 29 and 31 (no significant distance). Talin took 2nd in the event.

Talin took 3rd place overall in the Test of Strength.

Talin in the Team Melee:
Round 1: rolled 18, inflicted 0 damage, took 16 damage
Round 2: rolled 33 w/ flanking bonus, inflicted 11 damage, took 1 damage
Round 3: rolled 95 w/ flanking bonus, inflicted 22B damage, took 0 damage
Round 4: rolled 95, inflicted 17A damage, took 0 damage
Round 5: rolled 51, inflicted 7 damage, took 2 damage
Round 6: rolled 44 w/ flanking bonus, inflicted 4 damage, 1 'kill', took 15T damage
Round 7: rolled 85, inflicted 12T damage, 1 'kill', took 0 damage
Round 8: rolled 09, inflicted 0 damage, took 0 damage

2 'kills', inflicted a total of 73 damage, took a total of 34 damage

Bespin Bart
Oh, I should do this. Gotta impress everyone by listing that Anglomir won the Strength tests...

Ushgarak
Yup, note your scores in the melee here! Note that if, afetr deudctions, you inflicted or received a critcal/wound, note that here as well!

No need to note the flanking bonus- only the final effect of your blow.

Mithlond
Menelacar Team Melee Rnd 1 vs Cardolani team:
Turn 1: did not receive or give damage
Turn 2: received 3 damage; rolled 92, final 105 giving 11B damage
Turn 3: received 0; rolled 65 for 78 to give 5 damage
Turn 4: received 10A damage; rolled 72 for 85 to give 6 damage
Turn 5: received 6 damage; rolled 68 for 81 to give 6 damage
Turn 6: received 0; rolled 76 for 7A damage
Turn 7: received 0; rolled 66 for 5 damage
Turn 8: received 5 damage; rolled 85 that "dropped him" (i think would have been 6 damage)

Peach
Ellothiel in the team melee, round one:

Rolled 85 moving to flank an opponent
Turn 1 - Rolled 81, increased to 111, 13C reduced to 13T, 13 damage
Turn 2 - Rolled 30, no damage; took 3 damage
Turn 3 - Rolled 05, no damage
Turn 4 - Rolled 52, no damage
Turn 5 - Rolled 75, no damage
Turn 6 - Rolled 16, no damage
Turn 7 - Rolled 76, increased to 106, 12B, 12 damage
Turn 8 - Rolled 57, increased to 87, 7A, 7 damage

Hah, awesome.

Mithlond
Beorning Melee, Round 2, Menelacar:
Turn 1: Took 3 hits, Rolled to dish out 7
Turn 2: Took 0; dished out 12T
Turn 3: Took 14; Rolled 87 to dish out an 18B
Turn 4: Took 5; Dished out 13T.

Peach
Team Melee Round 2 -

Turn 1: Rolled 81 - 17C reduced to 17A
Turn 2: Rolled 54, 7 damage
Turn 3: Rolled 83 - 15A
Turn 4: Rolled 22 - missed

Captain REX
Talin in the Team Melee, Second Battle:
Round 1: rolled 08, inflicted 0 damage, took 5 damage
Round 2: rolled 48, inflicted 15A damage, took 18 damage
Round 3: rolled 63, inflicted 14A damage, took 14 damage
Round 4: rolled 93, inflicted 25C damage, took 0 damage

Yikes, he took quite a beating this round...

Mithlond
Arnorian Melee:

Round 1: rolled 39(score 82) hit for 6, received 6 hits
Round 2: rolled 08, hit 0, received 0
Round 3: rolled 18, hit 0, received 0
Round 4: rolled 95, hit 16B, received 0
Round 5: rolled 16, hit 0, received 0
Round 6: rolled 82, hit 13A, received 26B (ouch)
Round 7: 0 and 0
Round 8: 0 and 0
Round 9: hit for 10 received 0
Round 10: rolled 66 for 6, received 0
Round 11: missed
Rouind 12: rolled 30 for 0, received 15A
Round 13: Rolled 90 for 11, received 18A and down!

Peach
Round one: Rolled 52, 6 damage; took 7 damage
Round two: Rolled 35, no damage; took 13A - 13 damage
Round three: Rolled 16, no damage; down.

...I did not last that one long.

General Zink
William got information at the pub earlier in the game concerning the ladies of the night, and just made an impressive scale of a building to spy on the Prince.

Peach
So I don't forget about it - passed a perception roll with a final roll of 66.

Ushgarak
Yup, make sure to keep posting your stuff! Every time a fight ends, remind me what you did in it. What you hit, what you killed- and even what hit you.

REXXXX
That just happened to Talin. Yeesh.

Peach
Mwahaha. Beware the half-elf, apparently.

Mithlond
Menelacar, against the Bouncers
"A 67 is rolled against Menelacar, for 9 damage"
"Menelacar... oh dear. Even with the penalty for having to draw, he actually maxes out his roll with a roll over going past 200.

That's a 25 E.

"Destroys one eye. +10 hits. Stunned for thirty rounds."

... ow! Yeah. he's effectively dead."

Bespin Bart
And Anglomir's, though less impressive.

"Anglomir managed a 13 B, but rolls well for his wound for a good old thigh strike! +6 wounds, -10 to activity, lose a hit a round, stunned for 2 rounds."

Ushgarak
You may wish to record your never-seen-before new wounds!

Ushgarak
Meanwhile, Ellothiel, looks like it is just going to be you chasing this guy! Being more elf than human, you aren't sure about these weird saddle things they put on horses.

Still- what is the plan?

Bespin Bart
Wrong thread, Ush?

Anglomir took ten damage from the first hit, which just got his leg. The second was a 13C, and destroyed his shoes...

Peach
Nice.

Mithlond
Does this get me XP?

"Sadly not the best move, Menelacar. And you in chainmail- eeek!

You feel a burning pain all over your body as you rush in- but not the burning of fire. Ice."

Ushgarak
A little bit for the damage!

Peach
I think that's everything...

Ushgarak
Ok, the xp calculation is starting to wind up!

To remind you how this works-

Everyone gets their own personal xp award. This is based on the following factors:

- Useful distance travelled (none for this part I am afraid)

- Damage, Criticals and kills inflicted. You get quadruple the score for the first kill of a a species and double for the second and third. Defeating an opponent in a non-lethal situation (like the Tournament) is half value.

- Damage and criticals received.

- Successful actions on just about anything other than combat (which is covered above)- that is, climbing, sneaking, talking, spell casting etc.

Then, on top of that, there is the allocation of bonus. We create a bonus pool from the following:

- Half the total xp awarded to all players in the process above

- Any amount the GM wants to add or take away for a successful or unsuccessful story

The bonus pile is then split into fractions- one fraction for every 'good idea' or similar activity that the GM thinks was had in the game. Each of these fractions is then delivered out evenly to all that contributed towards the good idea. This is the chance for the less combaty but more thinky characters to get some xp back!

That being so, you are now invited to pitch any good ideas you feel you or anyone else had during the part! Not easy with such a delay, I know, but try anyway.

---

As for how you did, well, there were five levels of success:

1. Source of the Witch King's information undiscovered- big penalty

2. Source of the Witch King's information not stopped- penalty

3. Source of the Witch King's information stopped- evens

4. Rhavorniel is killed- bonus

5. Rhavorniel is taken alive- big bonus

You guys... scored a 3. Not bad seeing how fragmented the game became!

Ok, let's hear those nominations.

Mithlond
Umm......

How about the different people covering the exits at the inn at the end?

Umm......

Talking to the different council members?

Think that's kinda all we did....

REXXXX
Gwil spying on the Prince was good, I think.

Ushgarak
Ok, well, I'll certainly give a slice for uncovering stuff on the Council members, which I think Menelacar will certainly get a portion of.

Progressing as far as you did in the Group Melee is worth a chunk; all who contributed to that score there.

We'll take Gwil's intelligence work also.

REXXXX
Hooray Melee!

Vera21
Gwil will be around! I joined really late in the show I think.

Ushgarak
Here we go then! Obviously a lot has been lost track of so I am having to arbitrate as best I can.

-----

GWIL:

GENERAL

50xp: overhearing Stewards

IDEAS

Spying on the Prince

TOTAL: 50

-----

MENELACAR:

GENERAL:

150xp: Archery rolls

125xp: Fencing with Darvan (after halving for being inter-player)

200xp: Test of Strength

250xp: Joust

200xp: Melee placing

925 from general

COMBAT:

(All scores from the Team Melee halved for non-lethal situation, except for criticals which were already adjusted to be lower in it)

Damage received: 71

Criticals received: 500

Damage inflicted: 106

Criticals inflicted: 70

Kills: 1400 (one more bonus on Dunlendings)

2147xp from Combat

IDEAS:

Library work

TOTAL: 3072xp

-----

ELLOTHIEL

GENERAL

200xp: Archery rolls

50xp: Successful Flanks

50xp: Successful perception roll

100xp: Successful hard ride roll

600 xp from general

COMBAT:

(All scores from the Team Melee halved for non-lethal situation, except for criticals which were already adjusted to be lower in it)

Damage received: 12

Criticals received: 200

Damage inflicted: 98

Criticals inflicted: 85

Kills: 1600 (no more bonuses on Dunlendings)

1995xp from Combat

TOTAL: 2595xp

-----

TALIN:

GENERAL

400xp from General

COMBAT:

Damage received: 61

Criticals received: 550

Damage inflicted: 64

Criticals inflicted: 40

Kills: 130

895xp from combat

TOTAL: 1395 xp

-----

WILLIAM

GENERAL

100xp: Sneaking

50xp: Climbing

150xp from General

IDEAS

Discovering 'ladies of the night' link

TOTAL: 150xp

-----

ANGLOMIR

GENERAL:

COMBAT:

Damage received: 23

Criticals received: 300

Damage inflicted: 13

Criticals inflicted: 10

Kills: 0

TOTAL: 546 xp

-----

This gives a grand total of 7763 xp, creating an 'ideas pool' of 3882 xp to give out. I'll give an extra thousand per active player to that pool for completing the story, but no bonus, as noted before, as Rhavorniel got away. No penalty to it either though!

But I am not sure this is the full picture.

I don;t have ANY of Anglomir's performance in the team melee or his kill of the Dunlending bouncer.

I don't have Talin's 3rd round melee performance

I don't have William's scuffle with the Dunlending by the window

I added in Ellothiel's kill of the escaping Dunlending on horseback myself

I am sure there is lots more! Get the pool up, folks, because at least some of it goes ot everyone...

Peach
Whoops, posted in the other thread on accident.

I had actually mentioned Ell's kill of the last escaping guy on horseback, it's the bottom of the last page, I think.

I also dueled with Darvan early on, I can't recall if I mentioned it in this thread or not (but it happened). As I recall, I lost both rounds stick out tongue

And Ell chatted with the Prince quite a bit early on, but I don't think I learned anything useful from that - he just thought she was pretty and was being flattering stick out tongue

Bespin Bart
I think we need Will's and Gwil's (hah) Archery scores.

-

Team Melee for Anglomir

Round 1 - Cardolani (the most girly "nobody rolls higher than a 50" fight)

Turn 1 - Anglomir rolled a 2 for a miss, Cardolani with a 1h sword and shield rolled a 41 for a miss.
Turn 2 - Anglomir rolled a 19 (miss), Cardolani rolled a 19 (miss).
Turn 3 - Anglomir rolled a 48 (miss), Cardolani rolled a 22 (miss).
Turn 4 - Anglomir rolled a 71 (hit, 7A reduced to 7), Cardolani rolled a 7 (miss).
Turn 5 - Anglomir rolled a 47 (miss), Cardolani rolled a 40 (miss on Missglomir)
Turn 6 - 48 (miss), ?? (miss)
Turn 7 - 74 (hit, 7A reduced to 7), 40 (miss)
Turn 8 - 68 (hit, 6), yield

Round 2 - Beornings

Turn 1 - Anglomir rolled a 20 (miss), Beorning with 2h sword in soft leather rolled a 38 (miss)
Turn 2 - 11 (miss), 72 (hit, 7T, minor calf wound, bleeding 1 hit per round)
Turn 3 - 87 (hit, 16A, no wound), 06 (miss), Anglomir bleeding 1 hit per round
Turn 4 - 07 (miss), 20 (miss), yield

Round 3 - Arnorian Soldiers

Turn 1 - Anglomir rolled 43 (miss), Arnorian w/ 1h mace and shield in chain rolled 43 (miss)
Turn 2 - 90 (hit, 10), 48 (hit, 6)
Turn 3 - 76 (hit, 9), 51 (hit, 6)
Turn 4 - 57 (hit, 5), 31 (miss)
Turn 5 - 79 (hit, 9), Arnorian A w/ 1h mace and shield in chain rolled 73 (flank, hit, 12T)
Turn 6 - 97 (hit, brought down Arnorian B), 48 (hit, 3)
Turn 7 - 84 (hit, 12), Arnorian D w/ 2h axe in chain rolled 98 (hit, 40C + A Crush, +5 hits and +4 hits, -40 to activity for one round, 49 damage total)
Turn 8 - 76 (penalty = miss), 59 (hit, 7)
Turn 9 - ?? (hit, 8, brought down Arnorian D w/ Menelacar), Arnorian A w/ 1h mace in chain rolled ?? (hit, 8, Anglomir brought down)

And then...

Dunlendings in the inn!

Dunlending rolled an 11 against Anglomir, Anglomir responded with a 13B (+6 hits, -10 activity, stunned 2 rounds, bleeding 1 hit a round).

And then Rhavorniel's frosty magicks...

First hit she got him for 10 damage, second she got a 13C (stunned one round, shoes destroyed!).

Anglomir will need new boots. What happens if we loose a limb, by the way?

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Peach
Whoops, posted in the other thread on accident.

I had actually mentioned Ell's kill of the last escaping guy on horseback, it's the bottom of the last page, I think.

I also dueled with Darvan early on, I can't recall if I mentioned it in this thread or not (but it happened). As I recall, I lost both rounds stick out tongue

And Ell chatted with the Prince quite a bit early on, but I don't think I learned anything useful from that - he just thought she was pretty and was being flattering stick out tongue

Actually was a clue- that Elendur likes the Ladies (and is not exactly conducting himself in the traditional dignified Dunadan way...)

I shall put in adjustments once I am happy that everyone has submitted their stuff!

Generally, if a critical gives some sort of really debilitating wound we tend to substitute it with some long-term issue rather than something that permanently ruins the game for you.

Also bear in mind that decent Animists can treat very serious wounds indeed and, in the last resort, you can try to head to Rivendell, where they can reconstruct almost anything. Not that they are a public service, though, so you'd need to be on good terms with the Elves.

Peach
Haha, so that was a clue. Neat.

Ellothiel's no super-healer yet, though, so I'm going to say "be careful" on that one stick out tongue

General Zink
I'll go look up my archery scores soon. It's a busy time of year.

Ushgarak
Ok- I shall give one more week for any submissions here. Then I shall add new submissions to the totals done above, and that will finalise it!

We shall then handle any differences that makes to characters and shortly after proceed with the next story!

Mithlond
Yay!

Mithlond
Are these totals the final ones? How is XP spent?

Ushgarak
I meant to get it all going over Christmas, but falling sick messed that up. Still, I have a little time now! I shall take some guesses for the players likely to be more active.

---

Here we go then! Obviously a lot has been lost track of so I am having to arbitrate as best I can.

-----

GWIL:

GENERAL

50xp: overhearing Stewards

IDEAS

Spying on the Prince

TOTAL: 50

-----

MENELACAR:

GENERAL:

150xp: Archery rolls

125xp: Fencing with Darvan (after halving for being inter-player)

250xp: Joust

925 from general

COMBAT:

Damage received: 71

Damage inflicted: 106

Criticals inflicted: 70

Kills: 1400 (one more bonus on Dunlendings)

2147xp from Combat

IDEAS:

Library work

TOTAL: 3072xp

-----

ELLOTHIEL

GENERAL

200xp: Archery rolls

50xp: Successful Flanks

50xp: Successful perception roll

100xp: Successful hard ride roll

600 xp from general

COMBAT:

Damage received: 12

Criticals received: 200

Damage inflicted: 98

Criticals inflicted: 85

Kills: 1600 (no more bonuses on Dunlendings)

1995xp from Combat

TOTAL: 2595xp

-----

TALIN:

GENERAL

400xp from General

COMBAT:

Damage received: 61

Criticals received: 550

Damage inflicted: 64

Criticals inflicted: 40

Kills: 130

895xp from combat

A guess at +500 for last round melee performance

TOTAL: 1895 xp

-----

WILLIAM

GENERAL

100xp: Sneaking

50xp: Climbing

150xp from General

IDEAS

Discovering 'ladies of the night' link

TOTAL: 150xp

-----

ANGLOMIR

GENERAL:

COMBAT:

Damage received: 73

Damage inflicted: 55

Kills: 600 (no more bonuses on Arnorians)

Criticals inflicted: 20

Kills: 0

TOTAL: 1248 xp

-----

This gives a grand total of 8966 xp. creating an 'ideas pool' of about 4500 xp to give out, but I shall call it 5000 to account for undocumented actions in such a long game.

I'll give an extra two thousand per active player to that pool for completing the story (it ended up being REALLY long, after alll), but no bonus, as noted before, as Rhavorniel got away. No penalty to it either though!

Ok, I am going to distribute the idea slices around those who I feel are most likely to play, with ONE slot spare for anyone else who unexpectedly does. That is, therefore, Talin, Anglomir, Menelacar, Ellothiel and the spare. Menelacar gets an extra share for his detective work.

Leaving us with a six way split. Ah heck, I'll make the idea pool up to 6000 for my convenience and because I am nice to you. Everyone gets a thousand extra, except Menelacar who gets two:

Final xp allocations therefore:

Menelacar: 7072 xp

Talin: 4895 xp

Ellothiel: 5595 xp

Anglomir: 4248 xp

Leaving you on:

Menelacar: 27072 xp. Definitely a level up next story! UNLESS I messed up and you were only first level. Let me know!

Talin: 34895 xp. Need more combat challenges!

Ellothiel: 25595 xp. Also vying for a level up next story! Again, UNLESS I messed up and you were only first level. Let me know!

Anglomir: 29248. Ow! Ok, that's co close, let's call it 30000 and be done with it. Level up!

-

So Anglomir goes up a level! Wooo!

We shall deal with the consequences of that soon once I get the new character record thread into play.

-

Ok, now, that leaves some of you hanging. However! The plan is now that what was originally a short prequel to the next story in the LOTR tale is going t be expanded into a full story-though not a very long one. It is a 100% action heavy story and completely designed to give you as much experience gaining chances as possible! THEN we can start thinking about things like... plot and stuff. That will ease us back in!

Ushgarak
Ok yes, looks like you were level 1, deducing from your stats. I'll sum all this up when I re-create the Roll of Honour later today- must get some marking done for now though!

Tptmanno1
Me me me! I want in. (Again. To actually play this time. I liked my floating glowy mage with flashlight of doom)

Ushgarak
Ok, I shall cut you in! I'll arrange a suitable xp point for you,

Peach
Ellothiel was only level 1, yes.

Ushgarak
So, the actual final totals...

Menelacar: 22072 xp. Up to level 2!

Talin: 34895 xp. More work to be done.

Ellothiel: 20595 xp. Just scrapes into level 2!

Anglomir: 29248. Gets bumped up to 30000 out of the goodness of my heart.

Palidan can go in at 28000 and stay at Level 2.

Peach
Yay, I can use another of my spells now!

Ushgarak
Ok then! I think the new game will start at the weekend

Tptmanno1
Woo!

Mithlond
Yay!

Ushgarak
Sorry for the delay, caused by real life things. Now going to be this coming weekend!

Mithlond
Yay again!

Ushgarak
Oh bugger- busier than expected.

Tomorrow! Heck, I only have to update Anglomir and post the situation...

Ushgarak
Note that Ellothiel recently got a standard pass on a Tracking roll.

I am afraid Menelacar and Anglomir have been rolling constant fails on their Tracking, Stalk/Hide and Perception rolls, but now it's a fight rememebr to record it!

Bespin Bart
I was successful in falling prey to an ambush and getting hit with an axe, at least!

Ushgarak
Doing better now!

Mithlond
Menelacar rolled well for his Strength roll to escape the man trap
and a stonking 95 on his manoevre roll.

Bardock42
Herbalism Roll: 65
Foraging Roll: 109

Peach
Rolled an 83 for Herbalism, for a total of 150.

Bespin Bart
Fight with the Dunlendings:

Turn 1- Axe hits Anglomir on shoulder armor for 5A hit
Turn 2- Axe hits Anglomir on hand for 6A hit
Turn 3- Anglomir covers ground with an 80 for a score of 25 to get to the Dunlendings
Turn 4- D1 rolls 54, miss; D2 rolls 19, miss; Anglomir rolls 94 for 30E damage, takes D1's forearm
Turn 5- D2 rolls 09, Anglomir gets +10 and rolls 83, for 32E, takes D2's forearm
Turn 6- D3 rolls 77, hits for 5 on Anglomir. Anglomir rolls 33 for 15C (-5 to activity and +3 hits per round on D3)
Turn 7- D3 rolls 50, miss; Anglomir rolls 53 for 21E, kills D3

Tptmanno1
Do I get experience for my spell use?

Stalk/Hide: 118

Mithlond
Stalk/Hide 86

Mithlond
Manoeuvre: Menelacar's 77 goes to 87
Fight:
-The unarmoured Dunlendings strike first. A 36 and a 38 against Menelacar are no good! Menelacar focusses his full skill against A and rolls a 67, giving a 123. That's a 21E against an unarmoued target! The critical is a chest wound that leaves him down and dying; we can count him out.
- B rolls an 84 at Menelacar. That's a 114, giving him an 12B. The critical does nothing extra though. The other one gets the advantage of a flank attack and the disadvantage of being faced by the shield. In any case, he rolls a 46 and achieves nothing.
-Menelacar rolls an 88 giving him a 28E. Ow, that';s a kill
-15 against Menelacar is nothing
-A 93 from G gets a nasty blow on Menelacar- a 13B! And this time he rolls high on the critical.

'Minor Forearm Wound- stunned one turn, +4 hits, two hits per round'' That ruins your attack I am afraid! His other attacker, who got a random shield assignment, rolls a 17, and it goes nowhere, but now he has Menelacar flanked.
-Menelacar's shoeld keeps him safe this round; a 17 D sadly gets no result on the wound.
-Ok, both Menelacar and Talin roll high, which finishes their foes.

REXXXX
Talin rolled a 73 on his Stalk/Hide to ambush the Dunlendings.

Talin rolls 11 and 06 on Maneuver rolls to catch the Dunlendings, then an 89 to actually get to the fight.

Talin takes a 12B hit, then rolls 08 in his first attack on Dunlending D, then takes a hit for 3 from the Dunlending, then rolls 22 for a hit of 101 for a 15C on unarmored target, target lost his leg when I rolled 99 on the critical.

Talin kills his next Dunlending with a 72 for a 23E hit.

Then the next dies with a 28E hit.

And then apparently I rolled high and killed another.

Tptmanno1
The Fight with Dunlendings

Palidan takes a shot but rolls a 1- no good!

Palidan rolls a 77; at -10 for range that;s not terrible but here No Armour proves an advantage for the Hillman as the shot misses. He's moving too fast!

Palidan rolls... a 20. Sorry!

Palidan rolls an 85, which is a good roll but at that range, lacking much skill and with unarmoured targets hard to get with a missile shot, it's still a miss

I hope I don't actually have to hit anything to gain xp...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.