*major spoiler* Luke in TLS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
When exactly did Luke transform into the force? Was it after he met Rey and somewhat trained her, then mediated and converted to the force......
Or was he a force ghost through the whole movie.....?

ares834
At the very end. Kylo fought an illusion that Luke was projecting. Once he finished that, he realized his time was done and that it was time for him to become one with Force. And so he did.

JediRobin23

ares834
You're wrong. It was straight up an illusion. When he dies at the end, Leia and Rey both feel it and comment on it.

JediRobin23

Bashar Teg
he obviously has a reason for doing so which will be revealed in ep9. probably similar to ben's reason in ANH.

my own theory is that force ghosts are able to influence and manipulate the powers of the living (so long as their will is aligned). so basically i think that when yoda blew up the tree, he was actually channeling luke's power and will. it was obvious that luke really wanted to burn that tree down just as it was obvious in anh that luke wanted nothing more than to score that torpedo hit and blow up the DS. i think yoda just helped to make that will a reality as ben did in anh. it's the only way i could ever rationalize ben's "if you strike me down now" line.

JediRobin23
I felt that they should have ended the movie right when Luke transformed into the force. They could have edited it to make it more soulful and sad, as well give respect to him. There was little feel in this movie other than humour really. The ending with that kid looking at the stars with a republic ring was lame and totally Disney like.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by JediRobin23
The ending with that kid looking at the stars with a republic ring was lame and totally Disney like.

1,000,000% agreed there. holy crap it was a really dumb way to end it. totally disney indeed.

JediRobin23

Lord Lucien
I'm angry at this movie for not being 100% within my expectations' parameters.

The Ellimist
Luke is extremely powerful and dies soon after projecting himself, so it seems clear to me why Jedi don't do it more often.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

i was looking forward to complaining about it being unoriginal and just another ESB, and they stole that from me.

Bentley
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

If the next film is not about Force Ghost Obi Wan destroying the First Order by himself and shit stomping Kylo without any kind of resolution to his plot, then I'll be disappointed.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i was looking forward to complaining about it being unoriginal and just another ESB, and they stole that from me. Ugh, that did suck. I think what I hated most was how the movie got me to like and care about it's cast of characters. How it manipulated me into being invested in the story, and tricked me into feeling emotions associated with joy, tension, relief, and excitement.

What a shitty f*cking movie for not focusing on garbage CGI and shot-reverse-shot of semi-robotic, barely-real feeling "characters" who have no discernible qualities worthy of my investment as an audience member. Where were my beloved poop gags? Where was my cherished fart gag? Where was my disgusting simplistic "plot" that falls apart in logic within 4 lines of robotic, stale dialogue from wooden actors? These are the things that I deem QUALITY in a Star Wars movie!

Nobody even brutally melted in this absolutely worthless film, with it's piece of shit willingness to kill off with dignity and grace a classic character that people sign petitions over despite being a f*cking film for f*cks sake.

AND... nobody fell in retarded love with a psychopathic butcherer of children in TLJ! Worthless garbage movie. Worst film ever.

JediRobin23
I think.........
It would have been ok to have Luke fight...:..
Then we could have complained about the other sh$t.....
But, for all us true fans..that is truly unacceptable

cornponious
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
1,000,000% agreed there. holy crap it was a really dumb way to end it. totally disney indeed.

So did you notice the kid grab the broom using the force?

cornponious
Also, it seems clear that Luke died as a result of the projection. It took too much out of him.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by cornponious
So did you notice the kid grab the broom using the force? yes i did. and after a second viewing i realized he was an established secondary character. (i had gotten up to go pee during his scenes at my first viewing). still it felt too corney/disney and i still didn't like that it closed on a secondary character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.