Harrison Ford's Star Wars snub

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Ford's Star Wars snub
09/01/2007 2:00:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harrison Ford turned down $47 million to star in a new spin-off 'Star Wars' movie.

Harrison Ford
(BANG) - Harrison Ford turned down a $47 million pay day to make a new spin-off 'Star Wars' movie.

Hollywood legend Ford, 64, snubbed director George Lucas' big bucks offer in favour of playing heroic archaeologist Indiana Jones again.

However, Lucas wasn't too disappointed with Ford's decision as he was already developing an idea for a fourth Indiana Jones movie with Steven Spielberg.

A source told Britain's Daily Star newspaper: "George wanted Harrison to play Indy but cleverly sounded him out about playing Hans Solo instead.

"Harrison was horrified. After that he was delighted to be playing Indy again. He told George he just couldn't face being stuck in a spaceship with Chewbacca again."

Ford will earn $47 million for donning his famous fedora hat once again and embarking on a final adventure as the whip-cracking adventurer.

Ford and Lucas announced they were making a fourth 'Indiana Jones' film earlier this month.

The movie, produced by Lucas and directed by Spielberg, is due to be released in 2008, 19 years after Ford last appeared as thrill-seeking Indy in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'.

(C) BANG Media International

queeq
Good for Harrison!

Tangible God
Oh God, if this movie isn't kickass, Lucas's remaining merit will be blown to Scotland.

General G
Sweet! I can't wait! eek!

queeq
I still think Raiders is by far the best. Somehow I doubt they can top that, but hope they do.

vintageSW77

queeq
Again?

vintageSW77
yeah second time this week

queeq
I told him to stop it.... He has Jim Morrison taming T-Rexes now.

vintageSW77
i could do with Indians Jones to help me find that OT pics CDR

queeq
laughing out loud

amity75
Originally posted by Tangible God
Oh God, if this movie isn't kickass, Lucas's remaining merit will be blown to Scotland. We'll take it! big grin

queeq
Hehehehe, but there's also Spielberg involved. Kinda different league than Lucas these days.

JaehSkywalker
right now, my mind is going numb, and it can't understand the article. what did it say?

queeq
Ford says no to SW tv series, but says yes to Indy4... for $47 million.

JaehSkywalker
*scratches head* thanks.

why did he say no? crap.

good for indy 4 though... smile

vintageSW77
its been established now that Lucas was pulling Harrisons leg
they are quite funny the pair of them if you ever see the AFI LUCAS special

queeq
The what special?

steverules
Indiana Jones and the search for the Ewok Village, coming 2008!

queeq
Box Office Explosion!

steverules
They replace the horse with the millenium falcon

vintageSW77
Originally posted by queeq
The what special?

The George Lucas AFI tribute
its always on one of our movie channels in the UK
its pretty funny
Ford and Fisher especially and for those who havent seen the opening here it is
i love Hamills expression when they announce Shatner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p55YD8QhQ3o

queeq
That is F'ing hilarious..... Hamill's great but even Ford and Fisher look astounded.

And the Shat-man said it all.... great stuff. THanks, vintage!

coolmovies
its abit late now but i wish they never came up with indie 4 . I mean theres rocky 6 and jurrasic park 4 cant they think of something new ??
The last thing we want is Star wars ep 7

vintageSW77
Originally posted by queeq
That is F'ing hilarious..... Hamill's great but even Ford and Fisher look astounded.

And the Shat-man said it all.... great stuff. THanks, vintage!

its a shame you havent seen the whole show
it may pop up somewhere though
its a hoot

queeq
There's more??? Wow...

I loved him mentioning Howard the Duck and saying he liked the Sith movie (hint: the other two sucked)....

vintageSW77
its about a hour n a half long in total
apart from a montage of disturbed adults and so cute you want to puke kids saying "we love you George Lucas and thank you!" its great

sithsaber408
Check Youtube for more parts of it, it's awesome.

Robert Duvall, Tom Hanks, Spielburg, and the OT cast are all in it paying tribute to Lucas.

An especially touching moment, after Harrison Ford kinda jokes about Starwars and says that he liked the "older, funnier chapters of the saga" and a few other things, he pauses and almosts chokes saying:

"What a difference you've made in my life. Congratulations my friend.".... then the music from the end of EpIV plays and the OT cast is reunited with the screen behind them showing Luke, Han, and Leia from the film.

Awesome. cool

queeq
Cool.... gotta go look for it then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.