marvels archer deficiency?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

praying-mantis
i like hawkeye mad respect to a man going the"indian"route in a gun toting superpower world but really he ought to be upgraded,that aside
i think marvel dont really have as much diversity when it comes to
certain types of characters firstly archers(specifically not ALSO has a bow) all i can think of is hawkeye,yondu(guardians of the galaxy)and
golden archer/black archer from squadron supreme

DC has-
oliver queen-green arrow sr
connor hawke-green arrow jr
shado-wife/mom to GA/ga jr
speedy-from teen titans
huntress-primary weapon crossbow<adding her since it her primary

anyone else know anyone i missed?? marvel or dc

psycho gundam
marvel has: hawkeye, crossfire, trickshot, (female) hawkeye, and ka-zar sort of counts

you forgot sand in dc, but that thing might be a truncheon

rotiart
Hawkeye upgraded... You mean like when he went by hte code name Ronin?
When he showed Tony stark how easily he could handle captsin Americas shield...

Bullseye for a time went as hawkeye...

I think there was a child like avengers 2099 version or avengers next version

As far as diversity...
Dc is full of supermen. Or lanterns. How's that for diversity?

Sides it's hard to say arrows are the way to go when other guys runs around with guns.

psycho gundam
dc has at least one copy of each big name character knocking around

praying-mantis
id like to see hawkeye get help from tony stark or forge better bow/arrows better outfit/armor bring him into the now

psycho gundam
that's the thing with archers though: they're going against the grain

green arrow does things his way, just like hawkeye

praying-mantis
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that's the thing with archers though: they're going against the grain

green arrow does things his way, just like hawkeye

back when i was reading green arrow i loved the fact that he didnt like/use "trick arrows"like his dad i kept thinking what if he did

Existere
I love Hawkeye because he does his own thing within Marvel- he keeps pace without being a billionaire, without a special serum, without super powers.

Making a ton of archers in Marvel would take away from that (though he would still rock).

His respect thread needs updating.... mmm

praying-mantis
Originally posted by Existere
I love Hawkeye because he does his own thing within Marvel- he keeps pace without being a billionaire, without a special serum, without super powers.

Making a ton of archers in Marvel would take away from that (though he would still rock).

His respect thread needs updating.... mmm

yes i had much respect when he told cap off tired of being told what to do he started his own avengers west coast telling cap off takes some big ones!

archers are lame so why give shit about their absence? Marvel has a lot more protagonists carrying guns, thats for sure

Existere
sneer

laughing

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
dc has at least one copy of each big name character knocking around
I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen a Spectre Junior character yet.

SquallX
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen a Spectre Junior character yet.

God i hope not.

Don Corleone
Marvel has some B list archers not mentioned, but they dont really matter.

Q99
Oh! The old Guardians of the Galaxy had a bow-using hero who's thing was special arrows that could change their direction with, iirc, sound, so he could control him. That'd be another bow user.

psycho gundam
oh that's right. yondu or whatever, the guy from alpha-centuri

rotiart
Originally posted by Q99
Oh! The old Guardians of the Galaxy had a bow-using hero who's thing was special arrows that could change their direction with, iirc, sound, so he could control him. That'd be another bow user.

That was yondu the blue skinned Mohawk... hawkeye equivalent
The cap equivalent is Vance astro formerly justice of the young warriors. He used his tk with caps shield for cool effects but meh...

Existere
Moon Knight carries a bow on occasion as well.

http://img190.imageshack.us/i/vengeanceofmoonknight01.jpg/
http://img222.imageshack.us/i/vengeanceofmoonknight01.jpg/

rotiart
I think taskmaster has also been known to carry a bow an arrow on top of his sword and shield

Existere
Yeah. Plus, as Jake pointed out in the other thread, Hercules is a pretty good shot, and running around with some mythological bow as part of his arsenal nowadays since he's depowered and all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.