Silver Surfer strength comparison.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
The Surfer seldom engage in physical strength feats but usually comes out on top when he does, it's been said that he can induce his power cosmic to rival the Hulk's incalculable near limitless strength, don't know how accurate that really is but at his strongest with the PC how does he match up against these people using strength alone..........

Superman- regular and sun dipped.
Hulk-any version
Thor- regular and warrior madness.
Juggernaut-strongest version.
Capt. Marvel ( Billy ) DOV version
Thanos- strongest without infinity gems.
Darkseid- version that tank JL's strongest blows
Gladiator- going in over confident.
Hyperion- who punched Hulk back into Banner.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Spidey level thumb up

https://i.postimg.cc/VLKqD8X8/powerlevel2.webp

lawest9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Spidey level thumb up

https://i.postimg.cc/VLKqD8X8/powerlevel2.webp Spidey don't know what he's talking about, LOL.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/PcmwM9G/RCO016-1468806689.jpg

lawest9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/PcmwM9G/RCO016-1468806689.jpg I think just about everyone on KMC has acknowledged that that was POS writing, C9 has sworn that SS allowed BP to do that to him so that he could learn their plans as he says.

DarkSaint85
Spidey level thumb up

https://i.postimg.cc/VLKqD8X8/powerlevel2.webp Originally posted by lawest9
Spidey don't know what he's talking about, LOL.

According to him, Surfer doesn't have his speed either. Sounds about right thumb up

abhilegend
According to him, Surfer doesn't have his speed either. Sounds about right thumb up
This was confirmed in Spider-Man 26 (1992) as well.

https://imgur.com/CPpy7ra
https://imgur.com/xyVE9Ca

Spider-Man is forty times as fast as normal humans and it makes him much faster than Surfer.

lawest9
Go to the strength column of Surfers res pect thread to see his feats

DarkSaint85
No.

lawest9
No. Yes.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by abhilegend
This was confirmed in Spider-Man 26 (1992) as well.

https://imgur.com/CPpy7ra
https://imgur.com/xyVE9Ca

Spider-Man is forty times as fast as normal humans and it makes him much faster than Surfer. This also confirms once again, that Aunt May is another tier entirely.

DarkSaint85
Aunt May =Mysterium.

Dr Strange was unable to use his magic to save her.

Noone with super strength has ever broken her.

She does not set Spidey's SS off.

Confirmed.

Parmaniac
No Speedster ever blitzed her.

zopzop
https://i.ibb.co/PcmwM9G/RCO016-1468806689.jpg
That scan rightly deserves to live in infamy on these forums. People complain about the Spider-man/Firelord fight but at least it was explained on panel (by Firelord himself) that Firelord was purposely holding back.

playa1258
Surfer isn't physically stronger than anyone on that list.

Also nice of Abhi showing Pete dancing around Hulk with his 40 times human reflexes.

Sorry Carver if Pete can do that Supes definitely can. Considering Supes is millions of times faster at the minimum over Pete.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
That scan rightly deserves to live in infamy on these forums. People complain about the Spider-man/Firelord fight but at least it was explained on panel (by Firelord himself) that Firelord was purposely holding back.

Surfer admitted he allowed Panther to do that so that he can get some information from him.

DarkSaint85
So much for this much vaunted Cosmic Awareness that Surfer has.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer admitted he allowed Panther to do that so that he can get some information from him.

Not really.

That's a myth, McDuffie tried to make excuses for himself. He just wanted Panther to be badass and wasn't interested in anything else.

zopzop
Not really.

That's a myth, McDuffie tried to make excuses for himself. He just wanted Panther to be badass and wasn't interested in anything else.
thumb up

Stoic
Wouldn't that type of hold be effective against the strongest if they were relatively the same size? Being pinned in that kind of way, defies strength, because in practice it uses the person's strength against the person. Don't believe it? Look at Gordon Ryan, he made the strongest man in the world tap. It had nothing to do with strength. Demetrius Johnson a guy weighing 140 lbs at about 5'3" recently defeated a 6 plus foot 300 plus pound man.

Black Panther in that scene used one of those exact moves. The Surfer could have gone intangible at any time, which begs the question of who was actually in control?

Physically however, without using his powers, he was legitimately pinned.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Look at Gordon Ryan, he made the strongest man in the world tap. It had nothing to do with strength. Demetrius Johnson a guy weighing 140 lbs at about 5'3" recently defeated a 6 plus foot 300 plus pound man.

Black Panther in that scene used one of those exact moves.
My brother in Christ, the difference in strength between the two is/was exponential. This wasn't two human beings fighting (no matter the size and weight difference). Surfer has a CL70-100 strength. This was a human being vs a cosmic entity that has superhuman strength. And this assumes Surfer would just keep if physical, he could have let loose an omnidirectional blast from his person and literally fried Black Panther. Everything about that fight is 100% bullsh|t.

For reference, the SPiderman/Firelord "fight"
https://i.postimg.cc/Tyrfm2wX/image.jpg
FIrelord could have ended Spiderman whenever he wanted.

Wonder Man
Silver Surfer can account for access and adapt so that his strength is concentration. Then he can burn through steel with a thought. Captain Marvel might be able to concentrate her power of a white hole and equal a Hulk induced strength that wins the fight. Carol Danvers is strong.

DarkSaint85
Wouldn't that type of hold be effective against the strongest if they were relatively the same size? Being pinned in that kind of way, defies strength, because in practice it uses the person's strength against the person. Don't believe it? Look at Gordon Ryan, he made the strongest man in the world tap. It had nothing to do with strength. Demetrius Johnson a guy weighing 140 lbs at about 5'3" recently defeated a 6 plus foot 300 plus pound man.

Black Panther in that scene used one of those exact moves. The Surfer could have gone intangible at any time, which begs the question of who was actually in control?

The strength disparity, as Zop says, is astronomical. Surfer's pinky twitch would turn humans into a pink mist, assuming he's as strong as they say.

I'm really beginning to wonder at some people's grasp of magnitudes here.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by zopzop
My brother in Christ, the difference in strength between the two is/was exponential. This wasn't two human beings fighting (no matter the size and weight difference). Surfer has a CL70-100 strength. This was a human being vs a cosmic entity that has superhuman strength. And this assumes Surfer would just keep if physical, he could have let loose an omnidirectional blast from his person and literally fried Black Panther. Everything about that fight is 100% bullsh|t.

For reference, the SPiderman/Firelord "fight"
https://i.postimg.cc/Tyrfm2wX/image.jpg
FIrelord could have ended Spiderman whenever he wanted.

Not physically though evil face

lawest9
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Silver Surfer can account for access and adapt so that his strength is concentration. Then he can burn through steel with a thought. Captain Marvel might be able to concentrate her power of a white hole and equal a Hulk induced strength that wins the fight. Carol Danvers is strong. OK, but understand that the Captain Marvel that I'm using here is Billy Batson in his suped up form that took on the Spectre in the 'Day of Vengeance' arc, NOT Carol Danvers.

Wonder Man
A white hole can be extreme and break the record. Carol should go the distance. She can do things that are seen so that her feminine intuition breaks the mold.

Stoic
DS and Zop, strength really doesn't matter when a person has no leverage. In that scene, in order for the Surfer to free himself, he would have had to dislocate his shoulder and pop the capsule in his elbow to free himself.

Let's say that you two are correct and I'm wrong, no one could ever prove it because such a disparity has never existed. You could be correct. However because of his humanoid or human anatomy, Black Panther sought to exploit conditions that would make it literally impossible for Norrin to escape without doing extreme harm to himself. That exact pin causes the person who is pinned to exert force upon their own joints in order to escape. The stronger the person is, the more pressure that there is to exert upon their joints. In short, the pain of escaping is greater than the tolerance that one can take in order to proceed with the escape.

The Surfer escaping on sheer brute strength alone would make less sense imo.

The Surfer at any time could have released an AOE, or become intangible to escape, but he was pinned.

carver9
Black Panther even mentions Surfers VASTLY superior strength. This isn't a strength ft for BP.

DarkSaint85
AOriginally posted by Stoic
DS and Zop, strength really doesn't matter when a person has no leverage. In that scene, in order for the Surfer to free himself, he would have had to dislocate his shoulder and pop the capsule in his elbow to free himself.

Let's say that you two are correct and I'm wrong, no one could ever prove it because such a disparity has never existed. You could be correct. However because of his humanoid or human anatomy, Black Panther sought to exploit conditions that would make it literally impossible for Norrin to escape without doing extreme harm to himself. That exact pin causes the person who is pinned to exert force upon their own joints in order to escape. The stronger the person is, the more pressure that there is to exert upon their joints. In short, the pain of escaping is greater than the tolerance that one can take in order to proceed with the escape.

The Surfer escaping on sheer brute strength alone would make less sense imo.

The Surfer at any time could have released an AOE, or become intangible to escape, but he was pinned.

Lmao.

Why can't he just straighten his right arm? The amount of pressure BP is exerting on that shoulder joint - compared to a star, or a black hole, is nothing.

The whole point of the hammer lock is that it decreases the amount of strength and opponent can bring, true - but even 1% of the amount of strength a guy who has supposedly infinite Power Cosmic strength, is, well infinite.

Stoic
Agreed, but comics are comics after all. Look at Batman's feats and he doesn't have super human strength like the Black Panther does. Batman pulls the impossible about as often as Spiderman does and that shouldn't be a thing, but it is.

According to the writer, the Surfer was physically pinned because that type of hold can not be brute forced out of. I am not being ignorant to what you are saying, I'm saying that an individual placed within that hold can not generate the necessary power to break out, due to physical limitations.

DarkSaint85
But the Power Cosmic is infinite, no? Physical limitations be damned.
I guess this is a clear case of it not being infinite.

StiltmanFTW
I think McDuffie wanted to show us that BLM > Power Cosmic...

carver9
But the Power Cosmic is infinite, no? Physical limitations be damned.
I guess this is a clear case of it not being infinite.

You do know every character has showings that contradicts their power, right? Do you honestly do this with all characters or is this a Surfer thang?

DarkSaint85
You do know every character has showings that contradicts their power, right? Do you honestly do this with all characters or is this a Surfer thang?

I'm not saying it's valid lmao.

Stoic is saying it's a valid showing. I'm saying it's stupid.

Do you just try and argue against me without actually reading what I type?

carver9
Yes

DarkSaint85
Lmao. Then go for it, argue against me. Tell me how it's a valid showing, Carvy.

There you have it, folks - Carver thinks it's valid that BP can put Surfer in a hammerlock, no context needed laughing out loud

As Pr said:

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yes, Carver is a troll. Also, water is wet, etc.

Galan007
Upload all of the MMA knowledge that exists on earth into a normal 4 year old child. Then have that 4 year old try and put me in a sneaky 'inescapable' armbar. Even though the child's technical skills would be superior to mine, there is still a vast difference in strength that technique alone simply cannot make up for. I'd just straighten my arm, and throw that kid into a wall, ftw. Leverage advantage (or w/e) doesn't mean shit when you're just that much stronger than your opponent.

...Then remember that the difference in strength between myself and a 4 year old is still orders of magnitude below what the difference in strength should have been between Surfer and BP. For example, I obviously would not be able to toss that same 4 year old from the earth to the moon, whereas Surfer logically could do something like that to BP.

tl;dr
I'm saying it's stupid.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
Upload all of the MMA knowledge that exists on earth into a normal 4 year old child. Then have that 4 year old try and put me in a sneaky 'inescapable' armbar. Even though the child's technical skills would be superior to mine, there is still a vast difference in strength that technique alone simply cannot make up for. I'd just straighten my arm, and throw that kid into a wall, ftw. Leverage advantage (or w/e) doesn't mean shit when you're just that much stronger than your opponent.

...Then remember that the difference in strength between myself and a 4 year old is still orders of magnitude below what the difference in strength should have been between Surfer and BP. For example, I obviously would not be able to toss that same 4 year old from the earth to the moon, whereas Surfer logically could do something like that to BP.

tl;dr
The sad thing is, there is a MUCH greater gap between Surfer and Panther than you and the 4-year-old. MUCH greater.

Smurph

tl;dr lol, right

Start by picturing a lanky 13 year old trying to hold Dwayne The Rock Johnson in an armbar.

Now ask yourself what's wrong with the picture.

lawest9

tl;dr Great analogy Galan.

carver9

Do you just try and argue against me without actually reading what I type?

My yes is to this, not me validating the showing. Lol

DarkSaint85
My yes is to this, not me validating the showing. Lol

So just trolling, got ya

Wonder Man
The progress can advance a longshot so that new power is generated and the reading can have potential. Then supply can meet demand and trace evidence can establish so that the movement is credible. Then the blast can replenish and outthink the power. Then the quantum field can score an atomic and conserve so that energy is exponential. Then the harmony can span and strengthen attention. Then details can work out and train the eye for filament and firmament can brighten for superhuman 🦸‍♂️ attainment. Then you have Sentry level strength and can develop concentration.

Wonder Man
Then you have an amount that engenders the environment and know your surroundings like Sentry. Then the clearness is esp and you can be adept. And discover the light.

Wonder Man

Wonder Man
Then you have original facet and can still so that continuity is right. Then the torch can be passed to the next generation.

Wonder Man
Then you can face the music 🎼 and play fair.

Wonder Man
Then you have 3 square and a roof and can chart 📊 research 🔬 so that the average is improved and you raise the bar. Then enlightenment can be successful.

Wonder Man

Wonder Man

lawest9
Getting that high on during a Sunday afternoon, eh?

Wonder Man
If the strengthening is dialectical you can be a true believer.

Wonder Man
Then you can accelerate and finish for the better.

MrMind
Originally posted by lawest9
I think just about everyone on KMC has acknowledged that that was POS writing, C9 has sworn that SS allowed BP to do that to him so that he could learn their plans as he says.

POS writing mean piece of shit writing?

who is C9?

are you speaking in tongue?

lawest9
Originally posted by MrMind
POS writing mean piece of shit writing?

who is C9?

are you speaking in tongue? Are you hearing tongues? C9 is Carver9

DarkSaint85
We had words about this, lawest. Don't stick your tongue in guys ears, unless they consent.

lawest9
We had words about this, lawest. Don't stick your tongue in guys ears, unless they consent. Just keep yours clean ok.

DarkSaint85
Lawest, to be clear, no, you cannot stick your tongue in my ear

StiltmanFTW

tl;dr

McDuffie didn't even stop there.

No, Surfer failed to stop Panther with the other (free) arm, too... and T'Challa threatened to tear his arm off.

DarkSaint85
Hell, imagine a backwards headbutt, or Surfer kicking Panther's shins.

Now imagine those blows delivered with class 100 strength or whatever.
It would be like kicking a strand of dry spaghetti .

StiltmanFTW
Yeah. Or just flexing his muscles, really.

However, don't forget how physical strength (or combat prowess) is not really Surfer's thing, unless we focus on his very few high showings of that kind.

But he's definitely quite invulnerable and the most basic shoulder lock that elementary school kids are familiar with shoudn't have had incapacitated him so easily.

Not to mention any of his exotic abilities.

Stoic

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud

I don't think the ranking within the group is in order. Of all the things to attempt to point out....

lawest9
That list is from the 80's but your point still applies Stoic.

Smurph
why is She-Hulk hitting on Spider-Man laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

I don't think the ranking within the group is in order. Of all the things to attempt to point out....

thumb up

Homo Erectus AfricAnus wink

Stoic
thumb up

Homo Erectus AfricAnus wink

Racist white deluded guy. Stilt you're still a flake. Then again, like so many whites, it's a part of your culture to hate anyone that looks different from yourself. You'd think that cowards like yourself would keep a firm lid on that type of thing.

StiltmanFTW
You're the one who came up with that "Homo Erectus Africanus" nonsense, not me. Cry more if it makes you sleep better at night love

lawest9
Racist white deluded guy. Stilt you're still a flake. Then again, like so many whites, it's a part of your culture to hate anyone that looks different from yourself. You'd think that cowards like yourself would keep a firm lid on that type of thing. What's interesting is how many of them try to point the finger of bigotry at us, some time back I created a thread called 'Black Panther vs Black Lightening' and they accused me of making a racist thread because of the characters names and I'm a black man myself, it was really sick of them.

carver9
Silver Surfer is just as strong as the elites.

h1a8
Silver Surfer is just as strong as the elites.

What about Thing and Colossus? Are they as strong as the elites?

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
What about Thing and Colossus? Are they as strong as the elites?

Neither of them are as strong as Surfer.

abhilegend
Thing is stronger.

carver9
No he's not.

abhilegend
Yes, he is

h1a8

Ok prove that Surfer is physically strong as the elites.
What feats are you basing this on?

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Ok prove that Surfer is physically strong as the elites.
What feats are you basing this on?

Him physically beating Beta Ray Bill into submission (who destroyed a planet comics before). Comics before this, Bill withstood a Black hole, a planet exploding on him, and Stardust unleashing on him.

DarkSaint85
Fights don't always determine who's stronger, as PIS exist in comics.

Same way it doesn't determine who's faster.

abhilegend
Him physically beating Beta Ray Bill into submission (who destroyed a planet comics before). Comics before this, Bill withstood a Black hole, a planet exploding on him, and Stardust unleashing on him.
He still couldn't break Ben's grip in his own comic.

StiltmanFTW
Fights don't always determine who's stronger, as PIS exist in comics.

Same way it doesn't determine who's faster.

Even aside from PIS... physicals are all nice and good, but they don't win fights on their own. Plenty of other factors involved.

ODG
Him physically beating Beta Ray Bill into submission (who destroyed a planet comics before). Comics before this, Bill withstood a Black hole, a planet exploding on him, and Stardust unleashing on him. thumb up

h1a8

I knew you were going to say that.
Trapped you.
1. Surfer pieced him with the board prior. That greatly contributed to putting BRB down. Imagine getting hit with a nigh indestructible object traveling at great speed (possibly well over light speed). That would do some major damage to most Herald level beings. So the feat is Unquantifiable. Unless you think SS can do that to BRB without FIRST hitting him with the BOARD (which contradicts Surfer's whole career).

2. Plus that was a one off showing. I can one use one off showings for both Thing and Colossus. For example, Colossus and Thing have either put Hulk down or did some major damage to WWH. Hulk > BRB physically and both didn't have the luxury of hitting Hulk with a board prior lol.

3. Characters durability/strength etc fluctuates from SCENE TO SCENE in comics. You can't cherry pick a character's best showings and equate that to any other showing. You can only use a character's average when using ABC logic. Otherwise I can say Colossus withstood planet destroying forces when he fought Gladiator since Gladiator was shown to bash a planet into pieces.
I can say that anyone who ever damaged Superman equates to them overcoming his best feats of durability (black holes, stellar forces, etc).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.