Caparo T1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryManatee
Based on the estimated specs on this thing, it might well become the purest driving experience ever. How does it sound?

2.4 liter V-8
480hp @ 10,500 rpm
1000hp per ton
Predicted Performance Specs:
0-100mph: 5 second range
0-60: 2.5 second range
Predicted Fuel Economy: 30mpg (!!!!!)
lateral acceleration: up to 3+g's (A really good car will pull 1.12g's)
braking deceleration: up to 3+g's (A really good car will pull about 1 g)

Is this the ultimate roadgoing example of "form is function?" I think so.

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/5best/20060710/15/1505412550-caparo-t1.jpg

Thorinn
Hot Wheels?

AngryManatee
so to speak, more like formula 1 car for the road

Thorinn
I'd take one, if they gave it to me.

AngryManatee
and the best thing is that it's not only a flagship car, it's also a technology demostrator showing that you can build affordable cars out of lightweight components that are economical and safe to drive. Apparently they're already talking to some car companies (ex: BMW) about using caparo's design methods into their own vehicles. If they can make a car that's probably the fastest road-legal car on a track, that also gets 30 mpg, then just think how awsome a normal roadcar would be!

AngryManatee
le bump

Mywi
Has this become a car forum? eekermm

AngryManatee
no but cars like these sure are cewl!

guy222
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Based on the estimated specs on this thing, it might well become the purest driving experience ever. How does it sound?

2.4 liter V-8
480hp @ 10,500 rpm
1000hp per ton
Predicted Performance Specs:
0-100mph: 5 second range
0-60: 2.5 second range
Predicted Fuel Economy: 30mpg (!!!!!)
lateral acceleration: up to 3+g's (A really good car will pull 1.12g's)
braking deceleration: up to 3+g's (A really good car will pull about 1 g)

Is this the ultimate roadgoing example of "form is function?" I think so.

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/5best/20060710/15/1505412550-caparo-t1.jpg

it is badass

Black Dalek
I'm gonna crap in it, THEN you tell me if its amazing or not.

TaZ#12
it still will be.

AngryManatee
I'd drive it even if it was covered in shit, because you can always get it cleaned later smile

TaZ#12
I think I would go to fast, lose control and die while driving it, but what the heck, its worth a shot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.