How the Tory's pissed the North Sea Oil money up the wall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19716393.actually-happened-scotlands-trillions-north-sea-oil-boom/

Worth a read if you are British...

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19716393.actually-happened-scotlands-trillions-north-sea-oil-boom/

Worth a read if you are British...

It's a good read even if you're not from the UK.

Didn't know that about Norway, they have a nice safety net for their people. While the Tories screwed their people over. How are these pieces of shit still in power.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
It's a good read even if you're not from the UK.

Didn't know that about Norway, they have a nice safety net for their people. While the Tories screwed their people over. How are these pieces of shit still in power. voters like Blake shifty I'm afraid to be honest.

Blakemore
Norway has 1/13th the population of the UK and the UK is one of the most visited country in Europe, has the most cars, vans, lorries and yes, even our airports are used more.

I guess Italy probably has better air travel, but Norway isn't a country I imagine riddled with traffic or flights. Even their cruises go to 4 other countries.

"What happened to Scotland's oil boom?"

We spent it. Duh.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
Norway has 1/13th the population of the UK and the UK is one of the most visited country in Europe, has the most cars, vans, lorries and yes, even our airports are used more.

I guess Italy probably has better air travel, but Norway isn't a country I imagine riddled with traffic or flights. Even their cruises go to 4 other countries. UK isn't in Europe Blake, thanks to you... wink shifty

Blakemore
UK isn't in Europe Blake, thanks to you... wink shifty I was referring to the continent.

Old Man Whirly!
I was referring to the continent. ahh, you mean continental Europe Blake... Hang on! How's your Geography? yes, you are right we are an island in the Atlantic and count as part of the continent

Blakemore
ahh, you mean continental Europe Blake... Hang on! How's your Geography? yes, you are right we are an island in the Atlantic and count as part of the continent Well, I don't know about you, but I consider Greenland a part of North America, Madagascar a part Africa, New Guinea and New Zealand and Tasmania parts of Australia (although Kiwi's won't be happy about that) and Japan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, the Phillipines etc. part of Asia (Not Cyprus).

jaden_2.0
Gotta keep the worthless dole scum in heroin and the landed gentry in their enormous country estates.

Bashar Teg
Well, I don't know about you, but I consider Greenland a part of North America

{citation needed}

i asked this a few years ago. at this point i honestly think it's the world's largest orphan:

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
ok serious question just popped in my head and the internet has failed to answer: is greenland part of north america, europe, or is it just this giant frozen bastard child in the atlantic?

Robtard

Blakemore
I know what per capita mean, Robtard. That was my point.

5 million people collectively owning lost of oil each vs 70 million owning not as much oil each doesn't really say much, especially since they're not using it.

If Brevik does another massacre, it'll be worth even more per capita. Are you seeing the point, yet?

Your basically saying they horded the oil and it increased in value. Some people make the same argument with gold, except oil can help us with great things like cars, vans, planes, plastic etc.

And we have a shit load more of that than Norway.

Old Man Whirly!

5 million people collectively owning lost of oil each vs 70 million owning not as much oil each doesn't really say much, especially since they're not using it.

If Brevik does another massacre, it'll be worth even more per capita. Are you seeing the point, yet?

Your basically saying they horded the oil and it increased in value. Some people make the same argument with gold, except oil can help us with great things like cars, vans, planes, plastic etc.

And we have a shit load more of that than Norway. if we'd banked ours we'd definately be better off Blake.

Blakemore
if we'd banked ours we'd definately be better off Blake. So you're suggesting spending the oil hasn't boosted our economy through production and distribution of goods and fuel?

Old Man Whirly!
So you're suggesting spending the oil hasn't boosted our economy through production and distribution of goods and fuel? No, I'm suggesting it hasn't helped the majority of people as much as if it had been put in a fund to support pensions etc. Tax cuts for the rich and their businesses or something for everyone... no brainer really. Look at Norway.

Robtard

Robtard

And we have a shit load more of that than Norway.

Norway didn't horde the oil, they wisely invested the profits of said oil and turned it into the "the largest such fund in the world, with over $1.3 trillion in assets, holding 1.4% of the world's stocks and shares", while the Tories used the profits of the UK's oil to feed the already rich.

Blakemore
So the Norwegian model is to lower taxes as the price of oil goes up.

Can't we just invade them?

Old Man Whirly!
So the Norwegian model is to lower taxes as the price of oil goes up.

Can't we just invade them? Noooo, it's to invest for the future.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.