The average KMC Birthday age, today 37, yesterday 39.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Hello my grown up friends.

This is an aging forum, how do you see it has changed since you joined?

How have you changed?

How do you see KMC in 2032?

Robtard
It's waxed and waned, we've had rather interesting chats and we've had cesspools and everything in between.

Contrary to Blakemore's belief that the forum has gone down in the last year+, I disagree. The traffic is a lot lighter, that can't be denied, but the genuine toxicity and vitriol is largely gone since certain people of certain political beliefs mostly all rage-quit sometime after early January 2021. I welcome the lack of a toxic dumpster.

Honestly, don't know how I've changed. Others who've known me for years here can probably answer that better.

Probably like it is now, but with even fewer postings. KMC's been dying forever, I think the only thing that will completely kill it is a 404.

Blakemore
2005-08 was its peak.

Star Wars nerds, comic book nerds, creationists, philosophers, pedophiles, LOST fans, Smallville fans, stoners, RPG fans, and even gamers who were debating whether or not to get a DS were all the rage.

Now it's just Old Man Whirly complaining he's old and mods complaining they're mods and Robtard pretending his wife is Bash or Adam depending on which position he is politically.

Robtard
Don't take it out on me because your parents never got you that tomagotchi you wanted!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
It's waxed and waned, we've had rather interesting chats and we've had cesspools and everything in between.

Contrary to Blakemore's belief that the forum has gone down in the last year+, I disagree. The traffic is a lot lighter, that can't be denied, but the genuine toxicity and vitriol is largely gone since certain people of certain political beliefs mostly all rage-quit sometime after early January 2021. I welcome the lack of a toxic dumpster.

Honestly, don't know how I've changed. Others who've known me for years here can probably answer that better.

Probably like it is now, but with even fewer postings. KMC's been dying forever, I think the only thing that will completely kill it is a 404. Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. Since the to coin Biden "semi fascists" left the forum is rather nice.

It's like a local pub in a village (like perhats hot fuzz or American werewolf), plenty of characters, no real villians, all posters are used to each other and strangers are looked at with apprehension. In the last almost two decades I've toned down as have most longterm posters here. It's full of smart people, I only see it improving in the future.

Blakemore

truejedi
I had pogs and pog slammers. And beanie babies.

Lord Lucien
I joined for the Star Wars and I stayed for the insight into what early 2000's message boards looked like.

truejedi
Joined for star wars as well in 2005. Stayed active right up until Disney bought the franchise and cancelled everything I thought I knew... Decided I'm better to come here to discuss politics than do it on Facebook, because my name's on that stuff...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by truejedi
until Disney bought the franchise and cancelled everything I thought I knew...

I remember we used to argue about what was canon, because Lucas statements would totally contradict the EU. As would the prequels and the clone wars. The EU tried hard for as long as possible to align those two worlds, but towards the end it was becoming a mess.

So I wasnt in the least bit surprised when Disney deemed everything except the films and TCW not canon.

I was very surprised however when it became apparent they had no clue what to do with the Sequels.

truejedi
I had visions of Avenger quality movies... What major disappointment, twice... But the third one, I no longer cared.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by truejedi
I had visions of Avenger quality movies... What major disappointment, twice... But the third one, I no longer cared. laughing out loud it was all downhill after Iron Man.

steverules_2

Old Man Whirly!
laughing out loud Raz is unreachable, we are trapped with Bada Steve.

Lestov16
I think this is the best forum on the internet by far. We have an eternally-retro webpage, dedicated Mods, and a collection of diverse and educated opinions for fictional and real events. We are a legit KMC Family

Lestov16
tomcat

https://i.ibb.co/SRg2tNN/Screenshot-20220908-232155-2.png

Happy Dancebandrockdance
2gunsstarwarscheersdrunk

Patient_Leech
I have been here off and on for over a decade.

I mainly like a place to talk about movies as an art form and sometimes other random things. And in that sense I don't think the forum has changed much, other than the posters that have come and gone, like quanchi and Fly and surtur. Yeah, they were annoying sometimes, but they grew on you! Like a fungus or jock itch! And they added some entertainment. The forum has slowed down a bit too much lately. Too many people getting banned.

But I agree that the lack of toxicity from obnoxious right-wingers is nice.

Lestov16
happybdaykinghttps://i.ibb.co/SRg2tNN/Screenshot-20220908-232155-2.pngQwscb3QIVSg

Lestov16
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I have been here off and on for over a decade.

I mainly like a place to talk about movies as an art form and sometimes other random things. And in that sense I don't think the forum has changed much, other than the posters that have come and gone, like quanchi and Fly and surtur. Yeah, they were annoying sometimes, but they grew on you! Like a fungus or jock itch! And they added some entertainment. The forum has slowed down a bit too much lately. Too many people getting banned.

But I agree that the lack of toxicity from obnoxious right-wingers is nice.
ZkW-K5RQdzo
bandusaflag2gunstomcat
robottankstarwars smokin'
drunk

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Too many people getting banned.

Not at all.

Mods are incredibly lenient these days, unlike a decade+ ago.

Surtur basically begged Pr to ban him... fully realizing what he was doing, too. To say that he had it coming would be a massive understatement in this case.

Quan and Fly aren't banned.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Lestov16
ZkW-K5RQdzo

thumb up thumb up

I just saw them in Chicago 6 days ago. big grin

(And I live nowhere near Chicago, btw)

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Not at all.

Surtur basically begged Pr to ban him... fully realizing what he was doing, too. To say that he had it coming would be a massive understatement in this case.

Quan and Fly aren't banned.

agreed. Let's please stop feeding into their phaggy narrative. surt got banned for literally making a hobby out of harassing and slandering a global until he got banned. the rest of them f*cked off back to their discord hugbox where they currently hide from reality. are we really going to count "suicide by mod" as some kind of unfair banning. enough of that shit plz. it's just a flatout lie

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Not at all.

Quan and Fly aren't banned. thumb up

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
agreed. Let's please stop feeding into their phaggy narrative. surt got banned for literally making a hobby out of harassing and slandering a global until he got banned. the rest of them f*cked off back to their discord hugbox where they currently hide from reality. are we really going to count "suicide by mod" as some kind of unfair banning. enough of that shit plz. it's just a flatout lie

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.