CNN misgenders Trans Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/29/politics/us-army-doctor-anesthesiologist-russian-government-medical-records?ref=upstract.com&curator=upstract.com

They keep calling Henry the "husband". Here is who Henry is:

This is either shoddy journalism, or intentional misgendering in a misguided attempt to protect transgenders against the fact this could be seen as bad publicity.

Either way it is a bad look for CNN, and one more black eye against their credibility.

CNN can't claim to be credible journalists while also playing the PR marketing firm and engaging in deception or ommision to protect an image. Ethical journalism means giving all the facts, even when they hurt.

These things matter.

Bashar Teg
"reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" 24/7?

StyleTime
According to the article, the author is reading from the official indictment, which calls Henry the husband. The federal government is the one misgendering her here, so I don't think it was intentional by the reporter (Lybrand).

That said, most other outlets got the gender right. You could definitely dock points from Lybrand for not issuing a correction yet.

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
According to the article, the author is reading from the official indictment, which calls Henry the husband. The federal government is the one misgendering her here, so I don't think it was intentional by the reporter (Lybrand).

That said, most other outlets got the gender right. You could definitely dock points from Lybrand for not issuing a correction yet.

Interesting.

Government agencies usually sweat the details on things like this, as they're the ones most affected by civl rights law. Wonder if this is a reflection of a view from the official who released or ok'd the statement (Like the official who refused to grant marriage licenses for same sex couples..)?

Macklemore
7B8Q6D4a6TM

Impediment
This is me not giving a shit.

Macklemore
We like you as a friend, Imp; not as a mod.

Impediment
Originally posted by Macklemore
We like you as a friend, Imp; not as a mod.

Don cut yourself with all hat edge.

cdtm
Originally posted by Impediment
This is me not giving a shit.

Ah, but the main point is that they do. 🥴

How often does someone come down on someone else for stupid shite like being out of touch on what's trendy in pc culture? Happens all the time.

Except when it's one of their own doing it apparently. You KNOW they'd never stop talking about it if the Harry Potter woman did the same thing with the misgendering.

Bashar Teg
you know the most crazy thing about cnn misgendering someone? donald trump is going to jail soon smile

Macklemore
Maybe he should be mis-gendered as a woman and go to an all transwoman prison where they all rape him.

Because rape jokes about Trump are funny.

And yes, I do find that funny. laughing out loud

Bashar Teg
it's a funny idea. attractive women surround him, "it's time to f*ck, bunker b1tch", donald gets excited thinking he's lucky, but then they pull out their gigantic rock hard members

Macklemore
you just admitted transwomen have dicks...and want to rape donald trump...

Impediment
Transwoman DO have dicks.

And are not women.

jaden_2.0
you just admitted transwomen have dicks.

Why else would you be so infatuated with them?

Macklemore
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Why else would you be so infatuated with them? I'm not infatuated.

jaden_2.0
Ah sorry. Obsessed, I meant.

Macklemore
Because it's stupid that a person can pretend they're born a different gender and take hormones for the rest of their life trying to be the opposite gender whilst simultaneously fooling no-one.

Adam_PoE
Because it's stupid that a person can pretend they're born a different gender and take hormones for the rest of their life trying to be the opposite gender whilst simultaneously fooling no-one.

It is stupid that you care so much about it. People pretend they are born with a different hair color all the time, and color their hair for their entire lives, fooling no one, and no one cares.

Macklemore
So you're saying that hot redhead wasn't a real redhead?

Adam_PoE
So you're saying that hot redhead wasn't a real redhead?

I prefer red heads. I would accept a fake one if he maintains it seamlessly though. Do not shatter my red-haired illusion, bro.

Macklemore
I was speaking about a woman, but you do your thing, bro.

cdtm
Real red heads are super rare.

And for some reason I can't figure, everyone hates gingers. Cutest and kindest girl I knew was a ginger, now married with kids yet still somehow kind.

cdtm
Btw, Archie Andrews ironically claims he hates red heads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.