The murder of Tyre Nichols by Memphis police

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
The city of Memphis releases videos of Tyre Nichols' arrest and beating

Memphis authorities released footage from the killing of Tyre (Ty-Ree) Nichols at the hands of police, as cities across the country prepare for the public's response to the brutal incident.

The footage was uploaded to Vimeo in four different parts from the Memphis Police Department. It includes graphic violence and shows police officers fatally beating Nichols.

Nichols, a 29-year-old father and FedEx worker, was pulled over on Jan. 7 for what police said was reckless driving. After trying to flee on foot, Nichols was severely beaten by police. He died in a hospital three days later.

Five officers have since been fired, and are facing charges of second-degree murder, assault and kidnapping. State and federal authorities are also investigating the officers. -snip

I didn't watch much of the video, it's yet another showing of police brutally beating an unarmed and non-combative Black man. I don't need that visual in my head.

The Memphis police chief quickly fired the officers, which is good, no "paid leave" as we've seen so many times before and Rightist who tend to defend these kinds of actions when police abuse a Black citizen have been uncharacteristically silent. It should be noted that the police officers who beat and murdered Nichols are Black men.

Old Man Whirly!
Didn't watch the video. Seriously who wa ts to see that. The Police is a tricky one, we need them. We also know the type of person attracted to that kind of role.

Jaden_3.0
Well I did watch it. And shock and surprise, it's once again an issue of a bunch of cops totally ill equipped to cope under stress. They're all screaming conflicting orders, asking him to do impossible actions like put his hands behind his back while there's a cop pinning each of his arms to the side. Cops backing off and panting and yelling as they have zero control over their spiking adrenaline. A total shit show brought on by having zero training.

Not quite the embarrassment of the cop who had a panic attack while pointing a gun at a bystander who was a paramedic who had to calm the cop down

Macklemore
why the violence towards black people?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Well I did watch it. And shock and surprise, it's once again an issue of a bunch of cops totally ill equipped to cope under stress. They're all screaming conflicting orders, asking him to do impossible actions like put his hands behind his back while there's a cop pinning each of his arms to the side. Cops backing off and panting and yelling as they have zero control over their spiking adrenaline. A total shit show brought on by having zero training.

Not quite the embarrassment of the cop who had a panic attack while pointing a gun at a bystander who was a paramedic who had to calm the cop down

"The police are your friends! They're here to protect and serve!!"

https://i0.wp.com/redmangoreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/7e461ef1-2c29-4d54-87b1-00a38aadc246.jpeg

cdtm

One of the officer's from the first encounter who was not part of the assault said "I hope they stomp his ass."

Then there's a video posted in Vs that allegedly shows all five holding him up and beating on him, though its hard to make out.

It's sounding less like untrained cops and more like a deliberate and targeted attack.

StyleTime
Apparently, several EMT's were fired too. They only treated Nichols for pepper spray, rather than all the other injuries he sustained during the beating.

Robtard

While I do agree that US police need more training in conflict deescalation, stress management and controlling their emotions; especially anger management.

I do wonder if these conflicting orders are intentional or not at times, giving police the excuse they need to physically harm "he didn't comply, so we had to use force." Police have been doing this shit for a VERY long time, they're getting caught more and more do to the ubiquitous nature of cameras.

Macklemore
us police be dicks

Trocity
Definitely sounds like that group of cops are racist as fvck.

Edit - the cops were all black dudes? Tf. OK then.

Bashar Teg
because it's I.M.P.O.S.S.I.B.L.E. for black police officers to hate black civilians for the crime of being black.

Robtard
And in an uncharacteristic move, the US Right are quick to condemn this murder by police. eg Republican Jim Jordan called the assailants "evil". Granted, he won't lift a finger in regards to police reform, but they're not defending these cops.

"Jim Jordan says 'no amount of training' could change what 5 Memphis cops did on video

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, isn't convinced federal police reform the answer after Tyre Nichols' fatal beating in Memphis" -Fox News

Trocity
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
because it's I.M.P.O.S.S.I.B.L.E. for black police officers to hate black civilians for the crime of being black.

If you put that uniform on, you ain't black!

Macklemore
this is how racist the us is

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Trocity
If you put that uniform on, you ain't black!

durpoop

cdtm
Originally posted by Trocity
Definitely sounds like that group of cops are racist as fvck.

Edit - the cops were all black dudes? Tf. OK then.

Yeah, all black.

Which makes the lefts attempt to push their usual narratives hilarious.

Macklemore
durpoop yeah i agree.

Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, all black.

Which makes the lefts attempt to push their usual narratives hilarious. ok dickwad, consider the following.

Black police officers are sent to arrest black people by the chiefs in dangerous neighbourhoods. They do their job as instructed and inevitably, a black person dies. That doesn't mean the police institution in the us are not racist.

You dumb ****!

Robtard
These 5 murderous cops are f**ked, not even Fox News or OAN is doing their usual "well the victim was no saint and it's very hard being a police officer, so we shouldn't judge" routine when police murder an unarmed Black person.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/memphis-cops-reportedly-gave-tyre-nichols-71-commands-13-minutes-so-far-norm

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/officers-charged-in-tyre-nichols-case/

Enjoy prison, scum.

cdtm
Originally posted by Macklemore
yeah i agree.

ok dickwad, consider the following.

Black police officers are sent to arrest black people by the chiefs in dangerous neighbourhoods. They do their job as instructed and inevitably, a black person dies. That doesn't mean the police institution in the us are not racist.

You dumb ****!

Respect the science?

You couldn't show a shred of proof to support your claims, all you're doing is parroting social activist hogwash.

There is no such thing as systemic racism.

Macklemore
Respect the science?

You couldn't show a shred of proof to support your claims, all you're doing is parroting social activist hogwash.

There is no such thing as systemic racism. wow, you believe theres a scientific argument that puts whites ahead of blacks...

Bashar Teg
wow mack is way way smarter than the village retard. that's something that should be proven often, and with a feeling of great pride and accomplishment

Macklemore
thanks bash erm

Bashar Teg
get used to that uhuh

Macklemore
i sense some endurance. smile hmm, kindness.

Bashar Teg
it's only for the greater good. don't take it personally...unless you continue to habitually gulp on his weak bait. then i will spend all 8 minutes of my spare time picking peanuts out of your ass.

Macklemore
nah, fvck u too

Bashar Teg
haha yeah

so anyway i will not watch the video as i did not watch george floyd's murder. transcripts will do, i don't need to watch the snuff video and listen to a murder victim's last terrified words, calling for their mother while uncaring pigs continue to enthusiastically murder them.

Macklemore
thats more info than i knew

Bashar Teg
they were also deliberately giving him commands which were completely impossible to comply with, as an excuse to continue murdering him. I'm pissed off enough over ot,just knowing these facts in literal form. it's like they forgot they were being recorded.

cdtm
wow, you believe theres a scientific argument that puts whites ahead of blacks...

I believe critical race theory is bullshit. And people who claim otherwise are either dishonest, or gullible.

Kyle Rittenhouse a white guy shoots several white guys, was somehow about racism.

Robtard
they were also deliberately giving him commands which were completely impossible to comply with, as an excuse to continue murdering him. I'm pissed off enough over ot,just knowing these facts in literal form. it's like they forgot they were being recorded.

It's because they're used to getting away with it. While this is the first time they've killed someone (unless they have before?), I REALLY doubt this is the first time they've abused an unarmed Black person.

Robtard
wow, you believe theres a scientific argument that puts whites ahead of blacks...

Protip: If you feed into cdtm's racism, it just makes him do it more. He's a Trumper after all.

Macklemore
I believe critical race theory is bullshit you can stop there

Bashar Teg
YOU can f*cking stop there

Macklemore
Originally posted by Robtard
Protip: If you feed into cdtm's racism, it just makes him do it more. He's a Trumper after all. he's a prick

Trocity
durpoop

I'm not an underage girl, you can't bully me! smokin'

Gadabout
Originally posted by Robtard
These 5 murderous cops are f**ked, not even Fox News or OAN is doing their usual "well the victim was no saint and it's very hard being a police officer, so we shouldn't judge" routine when police murder an unarmed Black person.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/memphis-cops-reportedly-gave-tyre-nichols-71-commands-13-minutes-so-far-norm

Jason Whitlock: “It looked like what young Black men do when they're supervised by a single Black woman, and that's what they got going on in the Memphis Police Department”

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/officers-charged-in-tyre-nichols-case/

Enjoy prison, scum.

Tucker Carlson will always find a person to twist the narrative

https://www.mediamatters.org/tucker-carlson/fox-news-guest-blames-black-single-mothers-killing-tyre-nichols

cdtm
he's a prick

Why so hostile?

All I did was say systemic racism is bullshit.

If you're saying anything activists say must be believed, then you're the problem here. Imposing your beliefs, demanding conformity.

If you're so certain of your believes you defend them, not shame others for disagreeing with you.

Jaden_3.0
Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be
The pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...

Go on...

GO OOOONNNNN!

cdtm
Why so hostile?

All I did was say systemic racism is bullshit.

If you're saying anything activists say must be believed, then you're the problem here. Imposing your beliefs, demanding conformity.

If you're so certain of your believes you defend them, not shame others for disagreeing with you.

Forget that, this is what happens when you double down. You go off in a tangent about things you never intended to argue.

Ok, in simple terms, I think talk about race is valid. I also think it's abused as **** to score political points.

When ABC says five cops murdering a black man is about white supremacy, and when Bash and company smugly say "No shit Sherlock, only an idiot would argue against it", then yeah you've lost me.

But it's my fault for even trying to speak up to an audience that makes no bones about being all in on leftist narratives, while openly hostile to Blake who asks perfectly reasonable questions (Who who pathetically tries to recover some cred by joining the piling on anyone they don't like).

So yeah venting over, do your usual circle jerking thing.

Macklemore
?

Patient_Leech
I think they probably hit the nails on the heads here...

PWmxRzYlR7U

cdtm
Heather "McGee"?? laughing

Fake name! 🤨

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.