Episodes 7, 8 & 9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DJ Velocity
Before everyone goes "here we go again, SHUT UP", just hear me out.

GL has already said he won't be doing any more episodes after the prequals but some people still feel he will. Why? The story has been told. Anakin brought balance to the force and restored peace throughout the galaxy. What could you possibly base these films on. If there was a new rebellion or another Sith Lord, then surely Qui-Gon would be wrong about the prophecy as Anakin would NOT have restored peace and the grief would not be over. Right?

Personally I would like to see a further 3 as I love Star Wars but if he did, he would f**k up the previous 6.

DarthBorgie
I have heard two things straight from interviews with GL. He said three different things though, so i am sceptical.

1.He said that Luke would beign training Jedi, and that thre would still be parts of the Empire trying to rise again.

2.One of the Sith will be frozen in Ep.III and relaesed in Ep.VII. Doubtful. Less doubtful then #3 but...

3.It would follow the quest of the droids. In my opinion, thats outragous. Apparently in the begining, Gl thought the story was to be told from thier pt. of view all along. I don't think so. If they were that important, my threads would of had replys...mad

Ushgarak
That last one would have seemed entirely reasonable before he changed their role in TPM.

DJ Velocity
But wouldn't the stories be crap compared to the mad grief and wars during Eps 1-6? I mean how could Luke training Jedi and a few Imperial upstarts compare to the Clone Wars? It couldn't because although there would still be trouble and minor conflicts, nothing would com close to the @#%$ that happened during the first 6.

Sorry, let me correct myself. The story doesn't have to be crap but the action will definately be lacking.

Ushgarak
I certainly feel that his reason for dropping it was as much to do with finding an engaging plot as it was for plot arc reasons, so you are very right.

koreanknight
well i dont think if there was a 7 8 9 it would nt be too bad cuz i mean this is gl we talking about he can always think of something interesting
also i would really love to see a eps 7 8 9
cuz eps 6 was just not satisfying to end the whole saga
there just has to be more

Ushgarak
He probably COULD do it. But if he's not well-motivated, then... well, it wouldn't be worth the candle.

koreanknight
well i think alot of ppl want 789
and i think he knoes that
and i think that motivated him

Ushgarak
We wish. But when he is interviewed about the subject, he seems vey cagey, and not very excited.

I think even GL can over-do Star Wars; it's taken up so much of his life after all.

Maybe he will; I hope so, but only if he'll get it right.

DarthBorgie
How old is he? he'll pass on sometime

Darth Pants
Whilst not afraid to contradict EU stories (eg Boba Fett)that have been told, I don't think he would try and pick up after Episode 6, not after so many authors have taken all of the seperate plot threads and made their own stories. I'd heard that he'd told authors to stay well clear of the Clone Wars, so his only intention was to probably fill in that prequel gap. Wouldn't like to see films about bits of Empire rising to be crushed by the New Republic. The Empire works best as a galactic superpower in my humble, EU unsure opinion.

Ushgarak
The forbidden areas for authors were:

1. The Clone Wars
2. The Sith origins
3. Luke's mother
4. Anakin
5. Obi-Wan.

However, all Star Wars authors wrtoe knowing that their stories were not canonical, and could be over-ridden by any subsequent film that came. More foresight from GL would have had Fett on that banned list as well to prevent conflict, but at the times he was planning to do the final trilogy, clashes with fiction probably weren't a concern to him.

Quite what he had planned for the post ROTJ Empire is still unclear.

koreanknight
hey dj velocity u copied my topic!!!!

copy cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe next tyme u can actually think of sometin urself

ok!!?!?!

Dim
So is the general feeling now that what we previously knew about Boba Fett absolutely has to be wrong?..Sorry, I'm not an EU person so I haven't kept up with old Boba.

Ushgarak
General feeling ranges between the apatehtric and psychopathic. The official line is that all previous Boba Fett material is 'rumour.

The truth, of course, is that GL really does not want ANYONE dictating what Star Wars 'truth' is. Now we finally hav a clash between book and film... the books are thoroughly rejected and mean nothing.

Dim
Well then, ...in that case I totally agree with you. LFL should have listed Boba as off limits. While I don't feel that GL should be bound by the EU writings I still think he should at least try to blend in the past facts as much as he can, to avoid this situation.

Ushgarak
It would have been much easier. But only possible with forsight; I get the feeling he didn't plan to put Fett in until after he'd done the Speical Editions and Fett interest re-surfaced; this was a long time after the banned list was made, of coruse, and the offending books.

darth fester
you should read the novels truce at bakura follows return of the jedi it is a very good story

DJ Velocity
I have read a couple of books. One of which being New Rebellion. Although it is a good book, I feel it defeats the object of Star Wars as their is still large conflicts in the galaxy when there really shouldn't be.

I am currently reading Shadows of the Empire (yes I know a*se first). It is quite good.

darth fester
shadowof the empire is realy good im currently reading tales of the bounty hunters thats good also

DJ Velocity
I've read that one too. It was good but the IG 88 story was WAY over the top.

Ushgarak
I HAVE read the novels; point is that they don't have anything any 'real' status in Star Wars world.

DJ Velocity
Thats true Ush. I have enjoyed reading them but that always hangs over me.

Dim
This has been moved to

www.killermovies.com/foru...&SUBMIT=Go

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.