The last of the Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Mercenary
I think there should be a whole segment, where the remaing living jedi Have one final meeting then go into Hiding in Ep3. Maybe this should be the secpnd to last scene.(The last one being Ani fully decked out in his Vader gear)

Dim
I think that would be appropriate...Let's see, Yoda, Obi-Wan, and a few others, maybe Adi Gallia and Plo Koon?

Jedi Mercenary
Plo Koon and my man, Eeth Koth, should be there. Maybe Mace will make a speech about a new era of Jedi, while on his death bed.

Ratcat
Who, besides Yoda, Obi-Wan and the Skywalker twins, is known to survive and what is this information based on?

Xizor
Besides them I don't think anyone survives, or at least not at the time of ANH. It's very possible that some Jedi were left and Vader had to hunt them down in the 20 years between Ep3 and Ep4. I think Lucas would want it all cleared up at the conclusion of 3, so he wouldn't leave other Jedi alive and assume the fans should be able to speculate on their own how those others were killed. I also feel we should see Vader decked out sometime in the middle of Ep3, so we can see him killing the Jedi and his total transformation into evil. I'd like to see Mace get killed in Ep2.

Tom Gon Jinn
Mace didn't survive. Yoda and Ben were the last until Luke. If Mace had survived, he'd have gone with Yoda to Dagobah, or would be in a place to be contacted.

Xizor
Yes, it's very safe to say that Lucas will kill Mace. Technically speaking however it's very possible that Jedi lived beyond the events in Ep3 and were killed off by Vader and Palpatine in the 20 years before ANH. So though Mace probably won't live their is no written proof that he dies.

Dim
I was actually thinking that it might be exciting to see the jedi have their last meeting then then as they leave you see a couple get killed...Their ship explodes or they get stabbed in the back or something like that.

Xizor
Yes, that might be interesting. Mace should still die in Ep2.

Dim
Why?...I would think that Lucas could hold it off and make you really like Mace and think that he may just make it though E3 and then kill him off at the last minute.

Xizor
We already like Mace, that'w why I think it's reasonable that Lucas could make him a traitor in a crowd shocker. In that case he could live into Ep3 and then be betrayed himself by Palaptine. If he's not the traitor I'd like to see him killed in Ep2 by the new sith or Joruus C'Baoth and force lightning.

Jedi Mercenary
Ratcat, Shut up!! This is an opinion forum, we don't need anything based on what anyone says.

Dim
Don't get upset Merc...RC just wanted to know if it was stated anywhere...There's no reason to tell him to shut up...

Jedi Mercenary
"It is time to say goodbye to you all, forever. My instincts tell that this Empire is one big tool of the dark side, We must split apart, to different corners of the galaxy. As I lie on my death bed, I wonder, I wonder If this is the end of the Jedi? Or will one brave soul rise up, and detroy the evil power that is, Darth Vader."

Ratcat
Sorry Merc, I thought that it was a perfectly legitimate question, why such an outburst? BTW, it's a discussion forum.

Anyway, back to the plot. I seem to remember that in the comics many years ago (yes I know they're NOT canon) they did a story that was set a few weeks or months before ANH. Thinking about it, this must have been after ROTJ came out as it featured Vader returning to the Emperor (The images depicted the Ian McDiarmid Emperor).

Anyway, Vader bows before Palpatine and says something like "My Master, I have at last destroyed the final Jedi." Anyway, Palpatine looks at him and says something like "No, one remains but fear not my Apprentice, he will come to you."

This was in reference to Obi-Wan in the context of the story as it then jumped to the sabre battle aboard the Death Star I.

Just thought I'd mention it. Sorry if anyone isn't interested.

Dim
Interesting point RC...

Personally I don't think Lucas will have to show all the Jedi die by the end of E3, though it would probably make the audiance sympathize more with Yoda and Obi-Wan...I haven't heard him ever say anything on this topic so it's entirely up in the air.

Xizor
Mace will die though, wether to garner the audiences sympathy or if he's a traitor show palpy's evil.

JediOasis
I am pretty sure that all the Jedi, except Yoda and Ben of course, will die by the end of EPIII. I suspect almost all will die in the Clone Wars and the remaining hundred or so will be killed by Vader, Palpatine and bounty hunters(Aurra Sing and Boba Fett). We probably won't see much of it, probably just the JC memebers that are left being killed by Vader. And I imagine Christopher Lee's character will take out some before Anakin slices him a new one to become the new Sith lord.

queeq
There's a rumour/spoiler out that at the end of Ep2 only a few Jedi survive: Mace, Yoda, OB1, Plo-Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi. I guess Vader will kill off the rest in person. Biy I can't wait for Anakin to slice up Mace.

queeq abides

finti
I think that spoiler meant few jedi council members survived.

JediOasis
Yeah, I've heard that rumor, but there has to be a lot of regular Jedi Knights around. And what about all the Padawans. My guess would be that a Star Destroyer will destroy the Temple with all or most of the Padawans inside, that away we wouldn't have to see all of the children dying.

Ushgarak
There is meant to be a rough count of 10,000 Jedi in the Star Wars Galaxy (which sounds a lot,but it pitifuly few compared to the uncountable total population). It's going to be a right pain to even come up with a vague way of killing all of them inside the films.

Published Star Wars timelines maek out that Vader hunts down and destroys the Jedi between episodes III and IV. of course, these timelines are liable to be wrong, and even in 20 years it doesn't seem practical for one man to do the work.

Though if a load of them go out to a big bomb or orbital attack or something, there must have been a major failing of the fabled Jedi danger sense...

Dim
Oh I don't know if there's a major flaw with the Jedi danger sense..sometimes things happen and you can't really stop them..even when you know about them.
As for Vader wiping out all the Jedi. It would seem most likely that Vader's subordinates did alot of the killing, though I'm sure Vader himself would be directly responsible for more than a few of the deaths himself.

Welcome to the forum Ushgarak (in case I didn't say that before) smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.