Fact sifting exercise...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Ok. it's time to get down to cases here; time is running out. Episode II information will now, slowly but surely, be increasing at a large rate. Inevitably, of course, we will hear a huge amount of dross along with any genuine stuff. I was wandering how much we can actually do to seperate the facts from the nonsense...

The latest Select Pic, for example, confirms the presence of Naboo craft (or A Naboo craft), which in turn lends credence to the currently accepted view of how the film starts, with the assassination attempt on Amidala (although quite what I make of that big wedge-shaped wing they talk about at TFN, I don't know). Though I'd earlier heard this would be a deep-space incident; now it appears to be on Coruscant...

The re-vamp of SW.com gives us some hope for working out facts. But can someone PLEASE tell me why the droid Starfighter is listed in the technical database there?

How much do we actually KNOW about this film?

Heck, the pit droid is listed as well... either this means a brief flash of pod-racing, or it's a bit loose at SW.com, deliberately or otherwise...

ratcat

Ushgarak
The Count Dooku thing HAS been confirmed, I think, though not the Darth Tyrannus handle.

JediOasis
We do know that there is a battle in the rain. This was confirmed by somebody a while ago, cannot remember who. But it was when they were on the set and they said "we just completed the rain battle" or something like. And the pic of a wet Obi-Wan and a young Boba Fett looking into the rain gives more support of the battle between Obi-Wan and the Bounty Hunter.

ratcat
BUT we have no proof that it is the young Boba Fett looking into the rain. All we saw was a canaopy that has been compared to that of Slave One... smokin'

Ushgarak
Yes, that Bounty Hunter Pic is quite telling... did anyone come to any conclusions about that old select pic with (Dooku?) and Anakin facing off with flashy sabre moves? Where was that meant to be?

JediOasis
Well, if you believe the rumors that has to be the fight scene on Genosis while they are seperated from Obi-Wan

Ushgarak
Is that what Gen. is meant to look like?

ratcat
Who knows, that's all speculation right now.

Darth Pants
Thats probably what the higher-tech installations look like, and that location is rumoured to be a hangar, containing Dooku's ship, which would look to be in a cave from the lit area to the right of that picture. From looking at the Star Wars magazine and pictures taken on set, Geonasis looks wierd. The sets tend to have strange, swirly brown rock formations, against a bluescreened backdrop. And I do mean strange rock formations, we're not just talking your average mountainous terrain.

Dim
I'm guessing that the reason the droid Starfighter is there is perhaps because we see some droid hijinks with Threepio and R2, BUT we don't know that..it's only specualtion..

As for what we know, (off the top of my head)

1. We know Ep2 takes pleace 10 years after Ep1.
2. We know that at some point in the movie OB1 and Anakin are in a Club.
3. We know Padme is no longer queen by the time of Ep2.
3. We know that Palapatine is still Chancellor.
4. We know we will see the Jedi Council again.
5. We know we will see Tattooiene again.
6. We know we will see Jar Jar again.

Ushgarak
Anyone else got hard facts? I mean, there's 'Obi-Wan has a beard', but I could have told you thst before TPM came out.

Jameous Woodshire
We also know the droids will be back. 3-P0 will have his body plating, and R2 will save everyone at least once wink

Also Owen and Beru will be in the film.

We will see older versions of a Falcon type ship and a Star Destroyer. As reviled on SW.C

cool

JediOasis
It almost has to be, even though there has been no real confirmation yet.

Ushgarak
The name 'Fett' is still looking very dodgy. This may be more a case of association than direct reference.

DJ Velocity
Is that Slave 1 cockpit select pic definately Boba Fett? I haven't heard concrete that it is Fett.

Jameous Woodshire
Yes, but it is most likely Boba in that pic along with the Temurra pic.

Ushgarak
Well, Obi-Wan's ship can be added in as fact, of course...

Boba in WHAT pic, BTW, Jameous?

ratcat
I think he's referring to the episode-II Select with the boy in the cockpit and then the later one with the same boy and the Fett character.

The Fett Character (I am avoiding calling him Jango for now) is Temura Morrison and the boy is Daniel Logan.

Jameous Woodshire
Yes, (sorry I didnt post sooner) that was the pic I was talking about.

And for all we know that could be Han Solo with Temurra, but I bet its Boba. Of course thats MHO. smile

Ushgarak
Yes, that's probably fair enough then. Good call on avoiding the name 'Jango', RC...

phinney6
I heard that Obi-wan is promoted to general in episode II, Do you gous know if that is a hard fact?

Ushgarak
That it will happen is certain. There have been no confirmed rumours that is happens in Episode II.

JediOasis
Maybe at the end as the Clone Wars are starting we'll see him promoted to General. We do know, based on ANH, that he will be in the military

phinney6
I also heard that some of the Clone Wars will
be in Episode II.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.