Official Episode II Wallpapers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

razman
For those who don't know, the official site is now offering Episode II Wallpapers. Check them out here: http://www.starwars.com/community/downloads/wallpaper/viewer/theme20010529/1.html

Dim
*over the top Russian accent*
Hmmmm...vedy vedy interesting...

ratcat
Kewl, timing is everything, I liturally just finished reinstalling my laptop so one of those will go down a treat!!!

queeq
I didn't really like them that much. A bit disappointing, or am I alone in this?

Gundark
I like the second one of Anakin and Vader.

Darth Pants
They're good pictures, but after so many spy and insider photos, it's nothing new, and some seemed like we could do them ourselves.

Now a Dooku with lightsabre or a Jango with blasters photo may have gone down differently...

Gundark
Well I'm sure there will be lots more to come.

Dim
I like the one of Anakin and the Vader mask.. We could do better though. (talk about arrogance! stick out tongue )

ratcat
I don't think that's arrogant really, I was looking at some of the wall papers that Anthony Dean Gallop has submitted to my Fan Art Section and they are far superior to the once offered by the Official site.

However, I do like the ones they have offered us but, as you say, they could do better.

queeq
Most fan art is better, I think.

ratcat
Which is very annoying. Maybe Lucas should hand over production of protional artwork to the fans. laughing out loud Just look at that fake Episode-II poster that did the rounds a few months back, that was pretty darn good.

queeq
I agree. And I do think these wallpapers are very plain. The ideas are also very simple. Even the Anakin/Vader one, I mean, after the TPM teaser poster, nothing can beat that Anakin-Vader link really.

ratcat
The shadow poster? That was awesome.

Darth Pants
What does everyone think the Ep2 teaser poster will be like? Sadly, it probably won't be anything we haven't seen before. The Ep1 poster kind of summarised the whole prequel trilogy, I don't know how they could make an original Ep2 one to beat that.

Vicky
Problem is, before Ep.1 came out, we weren't really sure of what to expect from George and co, but now, we know most of what will probably go on in ep.2, so I get the feeling, it would have to be something pretty special for us to feel surprised. Shame really. Then again, they may shock us yet, and produce a poster with a message we never imagined.

ratcat
I don't know DP, there are a lot of new elements in the 2nd episode, we may get a pleasant surprise.

Dim
I hope so..It would be nice to see some more clever things like that. As for the current wallpapers..it's not that they're bad. It's just that most of them are rather lackluster. It's the layout I think. Some of the fadings don't help either

queeq
Most of the pic is from the OT, some Ep2 wall papers.

As for shocking.... hmmm...they could have it say: JarJar Binks in.... Star Wars Episode Two. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.