Han Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChelsiJediKnight
Now this just may be me, but I would honestly like to have Han Solo as a child in EP3. Does anyone by any chance know if he will? confused

Darth_Hible
I think we should. big grin rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

ratcat
He grew up on Correlia, so we'd have to visit there for it to happen.

JediOasis
As much as I would like to see a young Han Solo, what would be the point of seeing his character?

ratcat
It holds zero story value.

Vicky
Unless Han had a particular role to play in ep.3, there wouldn't really be a lot of point. If George did put him in just in a fleeting appearance, the audience would probably feel like he was just put in there for promotional purposes i.e. 'Han Solo to appear in Epispode 3!' And there's no point in that. It just gets us all excited for no reason. I would love to see him in it if it was viable, but I wouldn't want to unless it was for a good reason.

ratcat
I can't think of anything from the OT that would facilitate a PT appearance from Solo.

ChelsiJediKnight
Well I wasn't exactly saying it was a great idea, just in personal opinion I would like to see the boy. No special reason. To my belief I know he might not ever be in there. I was just honestly sharing my personal opinion. I do agree that it would have zero point. And I do realize he has really no importance in the first 3 episodes. But you know that Lucas is the creative genius. If he was to do such a thing I know it would have to be for a special reason. But I really don't see there really is one.

Jedi Knightess embarrasment

Dim
I'm more of the oppinion that it would be fun to see Han at a younger age in a book series, not in the movies. I can see LFL doing a series and picking a offical model much like they did with Mara Jade. I think that could be fun for the younger fans and it would help interest in the Original Trilogy.

Jameous Woodshire
I'd like to see a Young Han Solo TV show like they did with Indy. Or I think Rogue and Wraith Squad would also be a good TV show.

As to Han in EP3 I just have to say, a year before TPM who knew that C3P0 would be built by Ani or that R2 was in the Queens ship. It was convienant and so is the fact that Ani was from Tatooine, the most important back water planet in the galaxy. Remember we were that close to seeing Greedo as a teen.

So I'd say that I wouldnt be surprised if Han and/or Chewie were in EP3, even if it wasn't an important part. But I think I'd be dissapointed if they were there whithout any value to the story (and that means all 6 films).

Anything can happen, remember that ET is now an official part of SW lore now... (Alien also)

queeq
I see no purpose myself. Too much of forcing the OT into the PT. I think they already unnecessarily did that with 3PO and R2.

But I would like to see some enslaved wookiees though, that'd help Chewie's character in the OT a lot.

Gundark
Enslaved wookies, no problem. Han Solo, just not sure. A VERY brief reference in passing would be okay, but I agree with some of those posts above that it just wouldn't contribute anything useful to the main story line. IMHO OC.

Dim
I don't know..I'd almost rather it was something like a kid running along a street..and it's just for the fanboys to know that it's supposed to he Han. I think anything more might be corny.

queeq
Dimmy, you just want to see young Han say "I know..." again. laughing out loud

Dim
It's just not the same.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
I doubt we'll see enslaved wookiees in Episode-II, they were a product of the expanding Empire. If the Empire has formed in Episode-II then t might be possible.

queeq
I didn't say they'd have to be in Episode II, just in the PT's. Of course, it has to be in EpIII if at all. I mean, it's a EU thing.

Dim
I really don't see the point of having them in there at all.

Chewbacca
Well, my first intention was this. But RC has a good point. He shows up in Episode IV for a reason, he is just there to help Luke. Then other events take place to make him more important. Before that, he was intended to place a mysterious outlook on the films with his sudden "appearance". We all know his background, but due to the direction of the Pre-Trilogy, we won't see him. Also, I believe Han Solo is about 12 years older than the twins (Luke and Leia), so he would be around 14 in the movie. (III) Therefore, he could be shown as a young smuggler, but it still wouldn't fit the plot.

ChelsiJediKnight
After hearing all the replies I kinda changed my mind. Maybe it wouldn't be such a great thing at all if Han or Chewie were in the movie. I mean not only would it have no meaning, but it just might be a waste of time and confusing. He would have no reason for being there. And that would just get people to wonder, "Why was he there?".

Jedi Knightess rolling on floor laughing smokin' rolling on floor laughing

darth fester
it would be nice to see the falcon we know han won it from lando but did lando have it from new
maybe a fly by from the millenium falcon would be ok

Dim
Honestly..I think that's a whole other story..it doesn't really have anything to do with Anakin.

queeq
Yup, no Solo, no Chewie. Wookiees, maybe.

darthyogi
I honestly think tieing too many of the OT characters intot he prequels will just diminish the epic feel of the series and invite an unwelcomed "It's a small universe after all" effect.
However, if Solo were to feature I imagine his appearance would be facilitated by the Hutts in some way. Perhaps Solo could make a tiny appearance with his father in a Hutt palace?
But then, we know Boba Fett is being intruduced with his father, Jago, so maybe that option is out.
Personally, I would not see Lucas shoehorn every character into prequels.

Ushgarak
True but watch it with the 'Jango' reference; we are still unsure of that.

ratcat
But I think Jango falls into the Count Dooku category.

anakin-2
I think Han was a very important character in the old movies and he and Chewie and Lando should be seen as teenages in Ep 3!
rolling on floor laughing

Jameous Woodshire
Well, Jango is not in any catagory except for EP2 charactors. (see my sig) wink

As for Han.. lets just say that the yellow hot rod Ani 'borrows' has "Special Modifications" to it. I wouldnt put it past them to have the owner of that car to just have one line. "Hey!" As the speeder takes off, but that may well be our Han.

Of course it may never be verified, but that is the extent of his screen time IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.