Wolverine vs. Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zephonim
The real bitchin fight would be Spidey and Wolverine. Who would win and how? Let me know what you think. Happy Dance

ragesRemorse
when they faught in the comics spidey beat his ass pretty much the whole time but wolvierine ultimatley won. I would say wolverine just because spidermans greatest weapon in his arsenal (cpider webbing) wolverine can cut right through with great ease, and everytime spiderman faught a foe who could break his webbing it always took spidey a little time to come up with a new plan or just design some tactics to combat the villian, even though i like spidey better i have to go with wolvie on this fight

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hmm wolverine would win but i like spiderman better...doesn't wolverine heal? isn't that an advantage?

Rogue Jedi
spider man vs. wolverine? spider man would wipe the floor with him. spider man is stronger and faster than wolverine.

Neo_Version 7
Wolvie relies on animal instinct so taking on Spidey would probably be easy for him. But I guess the webhead would just as well stick to walls and stay clear of his enemy's barrage.

Rogue Jedi
hello!!!!! spidey is stronger and faster!!!!!

ninjapanther
Comics or Movies? I'm doing it from comics..
Spidey is a lot stronger, a bit faster, has spidey sense to warn him of wolvie and can pretty much fly!
however wolvie's kinda mean lol an he always does well.And can heal. Kind of an even match to be honest. These 2 are my fave marvel characters, but I might have to say wolvie would win beacuse SPidey wouldn't kill Wolvie...and Wolvie wouldn't give up unless he was dead.

ragesRemorse
wolverines healing factor deasnt mean shit if he's getting his ass beat and doesnt have time for a breather, but i highly doubt spiderman would be able to consistantly keep whooping on wolverine, all wolverine needs is one good stab with his claws through spiderman and its over, as long as spidey could stay away from that he's got a good chance, but he would eventually have to get in close to hurt wolvie because spideys webbing would have no effect on wolverine

Tired Hiker
Okay folks let's set some things straight here. First of all spider-man can lift ten tons, okay. Wolverine can't. But besides all that, I own the comic book spider-man vs wolverine, m'kay. So, here's how it went as I remember. Don't even make me bust it out of it's Mylar cover to double check! They were fighting right, kicking the dickens out of each other when all of a sudden they got in a superhero standoff! Wolverine had spidey pinned to the ground with his knuckles right up under spidey's neck, right. But my boy spidey had his hands around wolverine's neck! Wolverine could've 'snikt' his claws out and slit spidey's throat, but at the same time spidey could've snapped the vertebrate of wolverine's neck. But then where would they be, no more spidey? No more wolvie? But no . . . no no no, you see. What happens is they leave each other alone cuz they both respect each other and ain't gonna go out like that cuz it's like the unwritten superhero rule to not kill anotha bad ass super hero fighten for the same cause, right? So, they end up buddies and they fight together against some more evil and more dangerous threat to mankind than each other. They just end up pals in the end. So my guess is nether would win and neither would lose, they'd probably go have a beer together instead.

Zephonim
Wolverine's mutant powers are healing and his animal senses. He can only be as strong as a normal person could get. Also, Spidey does have healing. Not as advanced as Wolverine, but it's there. The claws aren't a factor. Spidey can dodge machine gun rounds, 6 inch claws ain't a problem. In the end, could be the greatest fight ever, but Spidey would come out on top, if you took out the fact that he wouldn't kill anyone.
Spiderman is faster, stronger, and smarter. He could get Wolverine to work himself into a corner no problem. Plus the webbing could help. Yes I know he could cut through it, but not if his hands were down at his side.

ragesRemorse
spideys webbing would be his downfall, seeing how it would be useless it would force spiderman in close combat. Wolverine would just have to calculate a thrust with his claws at the right time and its squashing time for the spider. spidey does have the advantage with his strength and agility, but wolverine has fought stronger and quicker foes in the past and has come out on top

Blissbo
I doubt Spiderman could have snapped Wolverine's neck as its adamantium. A good fight would be between Sabertooth and Spidey.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
a good fight would be venom vs sabertooth no wait carnage vs sabertooth

ragesRemorse
i think carnage would take that one

SPIDEY207
Wolverine would ultimitly win just because he has a healing factor.

ragesRemorse
well im pretty sure spidey has some kind of healing facotr aswell, eigther that or a much higher pain tolerance than wolverine. Spidey gets tossed through buildings and hit with cars, but wolvie just has to stab him and its over

Darth Vicious
Spidey can probably beat him but like in the comic books when they fought, spidey had wolvie beaten but couldnt finish him(kill him) so wolvie took the advantage knowing that spidey couldnever bring himself to take a life, and thats hes weakness, hes too human, Wolverine wont think about it twice before killing anybody!

ragesRemorse
atleast not when he's berserker

media_slayer
Who would win in a fight Wolverine or Spiderman?

VOTE NOW!

fini
wow ..........thats currently going on in the daily newpaper comics..........spidey and logan

but i would put my money on the original mutant.........wolverine

Kes
This belongs in the superhero movie discussion forum.
moving--moved

host
Oh, a tough one. Well, let`s put it this way, Hugh Jackman vs. Tobey Maguire. I think Hugh would rip Tobey`s head off. I mean c`mon, that Maguire fella is soooo tiny.

Zephonim
I didn't ask Hugh vs. Tobey. Spider-Man vs. Wolverine. Comic book characters, not the ones from the movies.

Paola
Wolverine...

derrick
wolverine vs spiderman: they shouldnt even put these two together. Wolverine is the king of fighting, when it comes to fighting, no one can beat him and he also have an adamantium skeleton and healing factor that makes him virtually indestructible. When marvel make a comic book of wolverine losing that comic wasnt nothing but a lye. The man is the best fighter in the universe and is set with a set of claws that can cut through anything (who could win against that.) In the infinity gaunlet he was the secret weapon, they needed him to take out thanos and if thanos didnt have the gaunlet he might would have. If you ask me theres hardly anyone who could take wolverine out. And i wish that marvel would give wolverine a strength boose, it really wouldnt be noone out there too beat him. Oh i almost forgot he also have speed, agility and stamina.UNBEATABLE.

ab012f9448
Wolverine all the way!!! Spidey might have a chance but wolverine can cut through his webbing easily. They are both quick and agile and spidey may have a slight advantage on that but ask your self this. Ever heard of a spider with a healing factor? One blow of wolverines claws through spideys chest and he would be down and out for the count.
Personally though i would rather see them team up than fight each other.
http://www.angelfire.com/wa/marvelpics/images/wolverine_spiderman.jpg
http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize/wolverine176.jpg

Linkalicious
Spidey has a distinct advantage in speed and agility and even strength. But Wolvies skeleton, healing factor, and claws make him pretty freakin tough to beat. But you guys forget about the Spidey sense, Spidey can dodge any critical strike by Wolvie's claw. And what if Spidey were to web up Wolvie a bit, swing him up a couple of stories and just drop him? it's not like Wolvie's healing factor is going to allow him to just jump back up like nothing happened. Wolvie would be in the med ward for a like 2-3 days. If it were Spidey in his alien costume I would pick Spidey, otherwise Wolvie is the man.

ab012f9448
Yeah spideys got a 'Spidey Sense' but wolverine also has hyper keen senses. Spideys sense doesn't work all the time during a fight because he's been hit loads of times right. If it worked all the time he would never take a hit.

Daywalker
Wolverine is a real tough brawler and if he lands his claws or fists on Spidey, we can start mopping up the bug juice.

WOLVERINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

batmanrules
wolverine, hes just way to damn crazy. he'll go medieval on spidys ass. and someone said that spidy could web him up and drop him from a building. wolverines not going to let him to that. hell slice right through the web the get a slice into spidy

ab012f9448
Spideys goin down, WAAAAYYYY down!

Maelstrom
theres a wolverine - spiderman one time comic where they fight and team up to deal with charlamaine, a spy who is targeted for termination. Its one of my all time fav. books. She is a friend of Logans.
One of wolverines best strengths is not being the strongest but defeating overwhealming odds. I wouldn't want to see him stronger. I'd like to see him mentor a dude.

ab012f9448
He could mentor me anyday.......

jedi90
wolverine would destroy spidey. he has already beaten spidey in the comics twice. spidey may be stronger and faster but wolverine is a trained killer and fighter with years of experince in taking down opponents bigger and stronger than him. wolverine has beaten spiderman without using his claws just some kicks and punches. spiderman may have superstrength but he can be hurt like a normal man.

Zephonim
Not true. He has an increased healing, granted not as great as Logan's, but he still has one. The only way I see Wolverine winning is because Spider-Man wouldn't kill him.

juggernaut26
well i think that wolverine couldn't catch spidey but spidey would eventually hafta kill wolverine or knock him out or somthing i think he could do that but wolverine is a great fighter has beaten armys literally so i don't really know i think i'll leave this one alone

Eidolon
Spidy's healing factor is better then a normal humans healing capabilities, but in a fight it wouldn't help at all. His healing ability in no where near Wolvie's healing ability. When Spidy gets cut or bruised it still takes days to heal up, and if shot Spidy needs bandage the wound immediatly or else he has a high chance of bleeding to death like any other person.

Wolvie has a far greater tolerance for pain as well, and would be able to survive pertty much any punch Spidy hit him with. Lets also not forget Wolvie has a adementium skeleton so when Spidy hits Wolvie in the face it's going hurt Spidy's fist a lot.

Wolvie may not be as fast as Spidy, but he is capable of very fast lunges and kick or punching movements (especially when he's berserk). Wolvie has fought Spidy's old enemy Speed Demon (after Speed Demon upgraded to using throwing kinfes too) and was able to hit him and put him down during their fight.

It would be a hard long drawn out fight, with Spidy hitting Wolvie the most, but in the end Wolvie's healing factor, unbreakable bones, and endurance would run Spidy down till Wolvie would be able to get that 1-3 hits in which would permently put Spidy down.

ruby
i might be saying the same thing as everyone else (i havnt bothered reading the replys) but wolverine would ANIHILATE spidey

ragesRemorse
Wolverine wins hands down. not much of a contest eigther. I'm not going to bother with the why's and why not's. There are just to many one sided facts for wolvie. I'm usually for the under dog every time, but this time wolverine holds just to much of an advantage. adamantium claws through skull, match over wolverine wins. give the man a match to light his stogie

Shorty2Forty
not exactly cuz wolverine is pretty fast and pretty strong and he has his sense of smell which can matchh the spidey sense,also wolverine has this berserker rage which sends him out of control
spiderman is more agile and has quicker reflexes than wolvie which allows him to dodge alot of attacks,also he is smarter by far allowing him to come up with a plan to beat him
in the comics it usually goes back and forth.....sometimes spidey wins and sometimes wolverine wins so it could go either way

manjaro
I thought this was gonna be a tough one, but after carefull consideration I have to go with wolverine. sure spider man could out maneuver him, and admister blows that would render a regular human bloody and pulp-like. But sooner or later wolvie's gonna get a couple of good shots in. I'm thinking....claws across the stomach, watching his insides fall out, or claws across his throat, claws across his spine CLAWS IN HIS BRAIN.......you see where im going with this

Domination
Here we go again.

This is not an easy fight for Spider-Man,I can tell you that now.But,a lot of you are basing this fight on both fighters killing one another.Now,I admit,Logan does have a higher killer instinct than Peter does,but this does not mean that Peter couldn't put Logan on his butt for awhile without killing him.It has been proven in the comics as well as other sources that Wolverine can be knocked unconscious or hurt pretty bad.Wolverine is tough,but he is not so tough to where he can continue to take at lease a dozen of Spider-Man's full force blows,I don't care what kind of skeleton he's got.His brain would literally be pulp after a series of blows.

And unlike Batman,Wolverine does not like to run and hide nor dose he have a distance advantage.He is constantly an open target.His best advantage is close quarters,but seeing how Spider-Man is faster than this guy,he could definitely keep him on the move.

Claws can cut webs,kewl.But,the last time I check,Wolverine was not very stronger.Something as weak as handcuffs were able to hold this guy,and they were just out of reach of his claws.With all that slicing and dicing going on,he's bound to get one of those hands tangle in a glob of goo,not to count his face,at some point.

Just one more thing,healing factor and especially his heighten senses helps him very little in this fight.His heighten smell only helps him when he's searching for someone.Him using this in a brawl would only confuse him.He would be smelling Spider-Man's scent all around him.So,what difference would that make?His healing factor only means that he is able to heal most wounds or injuries faster than others.It doesn't not mean he's Superman.A lot of people mistake this as a shield when really it is more like a person scooping water out of a pool as it is being filled by a pump.Eventually,the person scooping the water is going to be overwhelm and the scooping will seem useless...that is until the pump actually stops.That is how Wolverine's healing works.Now,if it were like Hulks' then he wouldn't have to worry about this,but it isn't.He needs time to heal.

In my opinion,Spider-Man slightly takes the vote.

manjaro
All that is true Domination, but like I said. Sooner or later Wolvie is gonna get a good shot in. And best believe he'll make it count. end of discussion.

Domination
Hypothetically speaking,I don't think Spider-Man would be willing to wait around very long to a person with claws before using web on them,judging from the pass events he's been in.But,that would be me speaking against that. big grin

venomfan
here is a short story i found...
Wolverine, a strong canadian with an extreme amount of strength. Wolverine also has a quick healing ability, and amantium placed on his bones which makes him almost unbreakable. Wolverine has a keen since of smell and has admantium claws that extend from his hands. He makes a great member to the X-Men.
Peter Parker is in a night club with a few of his friends. They are having a nice meal when all of the sudden, Peter's spider sense goes off. Wolverine enters that night club, Peter knows that he must be up to something for his spider sense to be tingling this bad, he runs off to the bathroom to change. When he comes back, he finds Wolverine creating havoc in the club. He also sees Wolverine throwing tables and chairs around, and realizes how many innocent people could get hurt if he doesn't act soon.
So Spiderman picks up a giant chair and launches it at Wolverine. As it hits the Canadian's back, it makes a loud thump and breaks into millions of little pieces. Wolverine then turns around quickly, and extends his long admantium claws while at the same time saying, "What's your problem, bub?"
Spiderman, a little surprised to see Wolverine still standing, begins to think of a plan. But there's not enough time for him to think. Wolverine darts torwards Spidey with his fists out pointing his claws at the spider. Spiderman's spider sense tells him to dodge out of the way, and when he does he lands right behind Wolverine. Taking this oppurtune time he begins to lay it all into Logan with punches and jabs. Spiderman then picks up a huge piano, and swings with it like a baseball bat into Wolverine's back causing Logan to fly back ten feet.
Spiderman then webs up Wolverine, who is unconcious on the floor, and heads to the bathroom to change, but in the middle of his walk, his spider sense tingles again, and he dodges the stool that was thrown his way. He turns around and to his surprise sees Wolverine, who had already healed from his beating, and broken free of the webbing. Spiderman shoots a solid stream of webbing torwards Wolverine in an attempt to stop him in his tracks. Wolverine has a good amount of webbing wrapping his arms up. But he easily uses his claws to slash them up, freeing himself. Wolverine then with his rough voice says, "You picked the wrong day to mess with me."
Wolverine throws two more stools at the webslinger and sees him dodge both. But Spiderman lands right beside Logan, which was a bad move. Wolverine slashes at Spidey, ripping his costume, and his flesh. Blood begins to gush out of Spiderman's arms, and back. Then Wolverine grabs the webslinger and throws him up against a wall.
Spiderman, weak with blood gushing from his body, and bruised from head to toe, slowly gets up. Then he is knocked down again by a powerful punch from the Canadian. Wolverine has won this fight, and he brings his claws in as he walks away from the Amazing Spiderman.

BarmyBrummie
Good story!! GO WOLVIE GO WOLVIE!!!!

juggernaut26
i say wolverine i like spiderman more but he doesn't heal near as fast as wolverine

LeAtHerRFace
That is total Bull Shit. Wolverine would beat Spiderman in ALL catogories. Fighting Skills, Speed and definitely in Strength. If you read or have ever read comics at all you should know what I`m saying is true. Its probably because you favor Spiderman, thats why you think he`ll win. Well you got your rights and your opinion. But you should know somethin` from reality and the dream world.

Zephonim
I do favor Spider-Man but you have to look at what each of their powers actually is. Wolverine does not have super strength or speed. He has his healing factor and his like animal senses. He isn't as strong or fast as Spider-Man. He is most assuradley stronger than most people, but he doesn't have super strength. I'll give you the fighting skill, Spider-Man has no fight training while Wolverine is a trained fighter and solider.
In reality, I know I need to admit Wolverine would win because of the healing and the fact that he would be willing to kill. All that aside, Spidey is stronger and faster, no question.
(P.S. comics are part of the drem world)

LeAtHerRFace
Comics is not part of the *dream world*, buddy. In the Marvel vs Dc comics it says that Wolverine has *VAST* Super Human strength, Inhuman Healing Factor, Animal Keen Senses, and Inhuman Arcrobatic Ability.
Spiderman: Inhuman speed, Spider senses and ability, and Inhuman Acrobatic Ability.
I'll give it to you that Spidy is faster, yes. But, Wolverine is alot stronger and a hella more upgraded. Also, they gave Wolverine the most though opponent to fight against in Marvel vs Dc. The guys name was Lobo, either one of, or the strongest fighter in the Dc world. I forgot who Spiderman had but they put him up against a puny little teenager.
laughing laughing

LeAtHerRFace
Well Said

guyverjay
bwhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

I signed up just so I could laugh at this post

laughing

Zephonim
http://www.marvel.com/bios/bios.htm?id=1&family=X-MEN
for Wolverine
and
http://www.marvel.com/bios/bios.htm?id=25&family=SPIDER-MAN
for Spider-Man
I decided to look at Marvel.com. I don't know why, maybe because they you know, published the comic and all. That's proably stupid though.

"I forgot who Spiderman had but they put him up against a puny little teenager." And I have no idea what the hell that means.

LeAtHerRFace
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

guyverjay
Great response roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zephonim
Gave up huh? Sucks.
I read the Marvel vs. DC, and I would not call Superboy a puny teenager. Lobo is pretty cool, but I'm not a fan of DC so I know very little about him.

LeAtHerRFace
Oh yea superboy!, yup he is a puny teenager. LoBos wayyy stronger stick out tongue

venomfan
what are lobos abilities? i know he regenerates but what else

Zephonim
Superboy isn't the greatest of heros, in fact I have no idea what he can do, but I would think he would still be a semi-formitable match. I also have no idea what Lobo can do. I don't read DC, I think their comics are pretty weak, so I have no idea if Wolverine beating him is a big deal. If it is, go him, but like I said earlier; I put more stock in what Marvel says than what a third party comic does.

DarkCrawler

DarkCrawler
And buy the way, Lobo is immortal.

kal-el
some info for you guys.In a brilliant story arc in the punisher recently, spidey and wolvie were led by DD to bring in the punisher. Wolvie went berserk in this coffee joint due to punisher poking fun at him.DD ordered spidey to web up wolvie, wolvie cut through the webs and flip-kicked spidey off the ceiling. DD then stepped up and wolvie cut through his billy-club.DD then used his superior skill to finger stab wolvie in the throat, pushing in his adams apple presumably(which is not part of skeleton so not adamantium).That was that and wolvie was choking until they helped him out.DD apologised after and said he had to do it and wolvie said 'lucky shot'.but wolvie wouldn't take shit usually so he must respect DD as a man, hero, fighter.It was pretty funny coz after that, the punisher kidknapped and drugged Banner and then bitched slapped him to get the big, green guy out. Wolvie stepped up to the hulk and got punched through the ceiling and into the sky.he then woke up in a lake to police saying 'where am i'.the police said 'freeze, philadelphia police dept!').That was pure jokes!

Domination
Which comes to show you that you don't need to kill Wolverin to beat him.A lot of people here confuses Wolverine's adamantium skeleton and healing factor with invinsibility.Although it wouldn't be a walk in the park,it wouldn't take much for a highly skilled person to get the drop on Wolverine.I can definitely see Spider-Man webbing this guy up to where he can't cut himself free and KO him seconds later.He has done it to more than a few people numerous times before.

Artgirlphoto
I am a diehard Spidey Fan... but acording to the comic Wolverine won. My man Spidey put up a good fight though. SPIDEY YOU THE MAN!!!! LOVE YA!

LeAtHerRFace
Spiderman Sux

srankmissingnin
Heres some fun facts kiddies. Back in the day(even before Wolverine had fans) Wolverine fought Spider-man. Spider-man commented that Wolverine was faster then he was and he had to push the limits to keep up. In a Daredevil comic Wolverine runs straight into machin gun fire. Daredevil comments that Wolverine is dodging the bullets. Why doesn't he move this fast all the time? Because he has a healling factor and doesn't have to. Now, lets talk about Wolverine's healling factor shall we. In a recent Venome issue(7 or 8 i think) Wolverine gets hit by a nuke. Thats right the nuke hits him then explodes. What did the nuke do to Wolverine you ask? Well, it ruined his clothing and knocked him outcold but he wasn't even burnt. Also, Cassandra nova incenerated all the flesh off Wolverine's arm but it was regenerated by the time he finished his punch. Wolverine takes hits from the Hulk, Spider-man's punches are nothing to him.

Also, Wolverine is a master of every known martail art in the marvel universe. Wolverine is skilled that he can pin point where a teleporter will teleport to before they get there. And and Wolverine apperence in a Garth Ennis comic doesn't count because he hates Wolverine and has no business writing Punisher comics(...I hate Gath Ennis)

LeAtHerRFace
Yea Go WoLvErIne!

venomfan
its odd how the covers all show wolvie and venom kicking the **** out of each other, seeing how the were both fighting dirt nap

Domination
Now,that has got to be a BS title.There's noway Wolverine can take a nuke and live through it,and he is definitely not faster than Spider-Man.This has been proven in damn near every crossover they've team-up in,not to mention the stats.Either you're telling a fat lie or the writer was very bias.

AfroSpiderman
Spider-man vs. Wolverine........ha! Spiderman no contest
Wolverine I think is way out Spider-mans league.

venomfan
it wasnt a "nuke" in the sense that it wiped out a small state. I have seen wolvie live threw much more ridiculous

Lord Shadow Z
Wolverine would destroy Spiderman easily- I've seen the Punisher of all people take Spiderman down in three shots(two shots took out his webshooters and one ' mercy' bullet in the chest) And I don't think Wolverine is going to stop himself from killing Spiderman is he's really pissed off.

Jason420
Spiderman will woop his ***** ass wolvy is a pussy whipped ***** compared to spiderman

Herr Logan
I like Spider-Man a hell of a lot, and he's more fun to watch than Wolverine in action, but you really must not be paying attention is you think he's a pansy compared to Spider-Man. Spider-Man, awesome as he is, is not a bad-ass. He is a wuss compared to Wolverine, but that isn't saying he's much of a wimp. This battle concerns more than who's physically stronger, if that's what you're talking about. I'm practically an expert on Spider-Man and Wolverine, my two favorite superheroes. Don't talk nonsense about either of them and expect to be taken seriously.

mook
im not really into comics so flame me if im wrong but surely wolverine can heal himself and has the hardest metal stuck on his skeleton and huge claws.

spiderman can climb walls, shoot webs and sense things.

so wolverine wins?

Mr Parker
Man these spider-man vs Wolverine polls never end,every site you go to theres always one of these polls.At least its not rediculous like the batman vs spider-man threads,I mean Wolverine would at least make it a close fight.bats and spidey,thats no contest with spidey winning that fight within seconds.some people are just too much in love with bats though that they cant see how crazy it is too believe bats would have a chance.

Herr Logan
The lack of context in these scenarios make it impossible to judge for sure. Batman would have at least a 50/50 chance of taking down Spider-Man if he was prepared for the battle. With Wolverine, I'm not sure. Spider-Man will not kill, and Wolverine will kill if he has to. The thing is, if Wolverine went into a berserker rage--making him willing to kill another hero--then Spider-Man would win. Spider-Man's preternatural instinct for survival is stronger than Wolverine's bloodlust. If Wolverine was clear-headed, he might be able to defeat Spider-Man in battle. He has moved faster than Spider-Man was ready for in the past, and he scares Spidey.

manjaro
o my god people. Are we still on this again? Every single spider man comic you everr read what was the main thiing they always have in common? him frantically running away from peeple until he can find a way to beat them. and the end result is always him trappin them in his web or if its a really strong guy he likes to push something heavy on them. thats his only endgame. However, wolverine on the other hand always keeps a cool head in battle even when it is somebody reeally strong. The guy even beat telepath once, a freakin telepath! and his years of experince in extreme combat situations plus the fact he's Marvel's Batman when it comes to martial arts, especially bushido, he ultimatley would triumph over spidey(if the story is written honestly that is) now pleeeeeease let this be the end of it

LeAtHerRFace
Posted by: Venomfan it wasnt a "nuke" in the sense that it wiped out a small state. I have seen wolvie live threw much more ridiculous

Well Said!

ancietwisdom
wink Now SpiderMan VS Wolverine?
Hhhmmmmm........ I think Wolverine will triumph! He is a mutant
and cannot be beat! Yes, Wolverine it is.

DarkCrawler
Wolverine cant even catch Spider-Man.

smokeurbesmoked
u guys are looking at it the wrong way...not who is strong and who is faster...but yet a means of who has more endurance then the other...because each can couter act the other with his own special powers....spidey may be faster, but a big beefed up dude like wolvie could sustain a much greater blow...as to where a skinny little dude like spidey can get a shot right to the head and not be able to recover as quickly, yet if spidey did give a really nice shot to the head or kidney it would make wolvie in a state of much pain, but wolvie has fantastic healing powers and could over come the shot with ease....so in terms of who beats who i think that since wolvie has a healing power he could keo fighting on as to were spidey only has strength and no healing effect...so wolbie wins because of his endurance....not by means of strength, speed, or intelligence, just means of PURE enduarnce.

smokeurbesmoked
oh and when u say wolvie cant even catch spidey....WTF does that mean...if spidey would run off and hide then what the heck is the point n fighting.....dude u need to get it right

smokeurbesmoked
also as for the bat man vs spidey thing....have u guys seen the bat-man episode where superman and bat-man fight....it was a fair fight which i know is hard for some of u to take in but until superman trapped bat-man with his heat vision thing...then supes just walked away...but they fought again and again...each time was well fair...so if u think about a brute like wolverine vs a skinny little dude like spidey...yea u also have to take in that factor....not to mention the endurance

Herr Logan
Spider-Man's slim figure is irrelevant. He has endurance that is way beyond a normal human's, and he could sustain non-claw blows from Wolverine and keep going. He's been hit with metal objects before. He fought Doctor Octopus hundreds of times, so he's been hit with stronger pieces of adamantium than Wolverine's arms and legs. Yes, Ock has an adamantium set of arms; don't argue. Spider-Man's endurance would get him through a fight with Wolverine's claws alive, and if it was life or death, he could avoid the claws. He is fast enough and he sees the shots coming before they happen. Wolverine doesn't have much to fear from Spider-Man other than being beaten up and restrained, because Spider-Man wouldn't even try to kill him. I'd say it depends who wants it more. It depends what's at stake and why they are fighting in the first place. In a battle of strength, it's clearly Spidey's fight. In a battle of wits, it's Spidey's physics against Wolverine's tactics. In a battle of pure endurance, they are both long-term fighters who never quit, but Wolverine takes the prize.

smokeurbesmoked
very nicely said....cant argue at all with that....in fact i appalud that statement...but one thing i must say is that in pure strength, why would spidey have more edge...wolverine has alot more body build and i think that he might be able to substain a greater blow...what do u thik?

Herr Logan
It's well documented that Spider-Man is much, much stronger than Wolverine, just as he is stronger than Daredevil and Captain America. Spider-Man can lift 10 tens over his head under ideal conditions (or the worst conditions, which is when he'd have to actually do such a thing). Wolverine can lift 800 pounds while his body is reinforced with adamantium. Spider-Man is stronger than the Beast, who can lift 2 tons. Beast is clearly bigger and more muscular than Spider-Man, but the nature of Spider-Man's powers make his build irrelevant.

As for Wolverine sustaining a greater blow, I'm sure he could. Between his mutant healing factor, his adamantium-reinforced bones, and his pure cussedness, he can take some heavy hits. Spider-Man recuperates much faster than normal humans, but clearly not at the rate at which Wolverine heals. You wouldn't see it happening in mere minutes. His endurance is superhuman, and he has taken a lot of damage and kept going. If Wolverine didn't use his claws, I'd definitely say he didn't have a significant edge on Spider-Man overall. Spider-Man has worn down more durable foes than Wolverine. Even with the claws, Spider-Man would find a way to take Wolverine down if he really needed to. Obviously it would be temporary.

smokeurbesmoked
oh i see....10 tons of steel over his head...pretty awsome...but yea seeing as hows the facts say spidey is stronger...i htink that even with all that power wolverine would be able to take the hit....but yea it would be fun to watch

DarkCrawler
I dont think that Wolverine is able to survive conscious when Spider-Man throws a truck over his head.

DarkCrawler

eleveninches
Spiderman is just a skinny scrawny little kid compared to Wolvie. There's no WAY he could beat logan. The thought of it happening is just sooooo rediculous.

Herr Logan
Maybe you weren't paying attention. Read my last post, then look up any information on the Internet on the power stats of Spider-Man and Wolverine and see if I'm lying.
It's not ridiculous at all, it just doesn't gel with the bad-ass image of Wolverine you have in your mind. Spider-Man has beaten Venom, Doctor Octopus, and Carnage. Why couldn't he knock Wolverine unconscious or lead him into a situation where he'd be immobilized? Yes, Spider-Man could drown Wolverine, but not easily. He would never drown him or do anything else to the point of death, because everyone who actually reads the comics knows that Spider-Man would never kill. Everyone who reads the comics also knows that Wolverine would never kill Spider-Man, either.

MarkofKaine
I'd have to go with Spider-Man. Even if he wasn't stronger than Wolverine...which he is...Spider-Man is a genius and could easily formulate a way to beat him. There's been a lot of discussion of Wolverine cutting through the webbing but what if his hands were webbed to his side or a wall or something so that his claws couldn't get at them?

Herr Logan
On the other hand, Wolverine is tactically experienced and brilliant in his own right. And he never quits. This is an impossible battle to determine without context.

FrothByte
id say given spidey's speed and agility, he'd probably be able to put 4 punches in while wolvi gets only 1 in. But it only needs one good punch with 6 inches of adamantium to do serious damage. spiderman might be hitting wolvi a lot more but i don't think spidey would be able to hit wolvi enough to knock him out before wolvi gets just one or two good shots in to really hurt spidey

beavis46
the fight would kinda go like mystique vs wolverine in the first xmen movie,given his speed spiderman would get loads more shots in but wolvie only needs one.more importantly,and already mentioned,wolverine would kill spiderman without hesitation but spiderman's the good guy and could'nt

VENOMfan
Spidey is lueagues faster than mystique could ever dream of being and his punches would hurt wolvie BAD spidey is class 10ton strength wolvie is 800lb, cmon people just becuase wolvie has claw's dosent garuntee him a fight

The Batman
What you saw in the movie between Wolverine and Mystique was completely inaccurate with regard to the comics. Mystique is an expert in armed and unarmed combat, but she is not nearly a match for Wolverine. That's just a fact. Movie Mystique was suped up to be a super-agile, super-fast, ultr-fighter. That's nonsense. The only two people in the first movie who could match Wolverine in a hand-to-hand fight are Sabretooth and possibly the Toad.

As VENOMfan said, Spider-Man far exceeds Mystique in speed, as well as agility, strength, and endurance.

Beavis, you are wrong about Wolverine being willing to kill Spider-Man without hesitation. Wolverine would probably never consider killing Spider-Man unless there were extenuating circumstances which made it necessary. If Wolverine were in one of his rare mindless rages, he might accidentally kill anybody, but this doesn't count as "considering." Wolverine doesn't kill good men, period.

Spider-Dan
This would be a great fight. Wolverine would win if Spidey wasn't willing to go finish it. If he was, Spidey would destroy him. He wouldn't be able to break any of Wolverine's bones, but he could rip his arms off with ease. Once he's done that, it just a matter of sticking one of the claws in Wolverine's eye right to the back of his skull. 'nuff said.

The Batman
That's not even admissible in a debate about Spider-Man. Spider-Man would not do any of these things. He will not kill, and he wouldn't maim someone like Wolverine.

Sabretooth has survived a claw through his brain. Leaving out the part about how Spider-Man wouldn't consider or instinctively try to use Wolverine's claws against him, I doubt Wolverine would die as a result of a stab wound through his eye into his brain. It might make him fail a math test that same day, but he'd be up and around pretty soon.

Spider-Dan
Everyone is capable of killing. Spider-Man has been in a many situations where he has almost killed someone. I'm just saying that if he was in a situation where he had no choice, Wolverine would not survive. One issue of Amazing Spider-Man has him fighting Fire Lord. After several attacks, Spider-Man loses it and beats the crap out of him. I personally think that Marvel should ease up on Spider-Man. Everyone and their mother knows he wouldn't kill.

VENOMfan
Spidey wouldnt maim Wolverine, the amount of times they worked together overshadow the number of they have fought. the only Hero these guys would consider killing in a fight is Punisher, they know he knows how to kill them((and DD for that matter)). they dont think to highly of him. X-men and Spiderman and Venom((the real Venom not the monster Venom)) for that matter are on decent term's.
I cant belive they would actualy kill each other

Spider-Dan
Did anyone read What if.. The Punisher killed Spider-Man? The Punisher followed Spider-Man around without his knowledge for info on his abilities. He concluded that Spider-Man had a 6th sense and formed a plan to use it against him. He planted a Doc Oc dummy rigged with explosives and set it off when Spider-Man jumped on the dummy. Spider-Man's senses were going off, but he thought that it was only due to Doc Oc's presence. Did anyone else think that was a little far fetched?

who?-kid
This is all very interesting (and utterly pointless). These are the points of the jury :-)

1. strength: Spider-man, absolutely no contest here.

2. speed: Spider-man, although Wolverine is also damn fast

3. experience/fighting skills: It's really hard to measure experience, but both have lots and lots of it. The same goes for fighting skills: both have a unique way of fighting (like most superheros have)

4. killer-instinct: definitely our hairy friend. But I don't think Logan will actually kill Spider-man. He is mean, but he isn't a sadistic pscyho who kills people because he's in a bad mood (he always is). He knows when to quit, sometimes even when he is in berserker mode.

5. weapons: our two fighters have each a great weapon. Spider-man has his incredibly strong web, which he handles very well. Wolverine has of course his famous claws, which he even handles better smile

6. endurance: again, very difficult, and it depends on what you mean by endurance. I wouldn't know who to pick. But do not make the big mistake to think Wolverine is invincible. He has been beaten up by lots of enemies (so has, of course, Spider-man). He is tough, has an unbreakable skeleton and certainly isn't afraid of pain, but he can feel pain. And can be knocked senseless. Which has happened before. When Spider-man gives some of his best powershots, Wolvie will certainly FEEL it, and will probably hit the floor (not for long, mind you, and Spider-man couldn't fight anymore because he probably had a broken hand).

7. senses: the "smell-sense" of Wolverine wouldn't help him much against a direct fight against Spider-man. It would help him when he was chasing Spider-man, or when Spider-man would try to ambush Wolvie, but not in any other way. Spider-man can use his spider-sense too to track people, and his spider-sense is truly his trump-card when fighting villains.

Conclusion: Wolverine is one of the most dangerous people on earth when fighting close combat. But Spider-man mostly controls a fight, and he doesn't do that much close combat. He mostly hits and jumps away and hits again and jumps away, and all that in a few seconds.

Of course, when they fight each other in the comics, there seldom is a true winner, because they are both too popular in the Marvel universe. The result of the fight depends a lot on the writer.

VENOMfan
insanely far fecthed, but so is punisher killing off the marvel universe lol
but thats what "what ifs" are all about

mordamor22
where r those what ifs?

VENOMfan
comic book shops perhaps, but it would be safe to just order them.
try

what if the punisher killed the Marvel universe

mordamor22
thanks 4 the info

Red Superfly
Man, why are some people saying that Spideyss physique isnt up to the job of handling Wolverine?

That just demostrates the sheer ignorance in some people.

Spiderman has mutated bones and muscles. His whole body was changed into something resembling half-human half-spider. He still looks human in shape, but his body has all the characteristics of a spider. His bones are lighter and stronger, meaning he can withstand amazing force and lift ten tonnes as was previously mentioned by an enlightened member of the board.

Spidey - 10 tons & Wolverine - 800 pounds, not only that but Spidey beats Wolvie in every stat department save for endurance.

However, Spiderman could only EVADE Wolverine. If it was a live or die moment, I'd say it would be a complete standoff. Spiderman would have to incapacitate Wolverine somehow. He's have to wrap him up in metal pipes or something. Spiderman would do no damage to Wolverine, only evade his every attack and try to lure him into a trap like a good boy spider.

I'd say Spiderman could never kill Wolverine. Nobody can truly kill Wolverine. But I'd definitely say Wolverine would kill Spiderman if he had to, but with amazing reluctance. As I remember correctly, Wolverine stabbed Magneto but even though Magneto had caused Wolverine the most pain he had ever felt (ripping the adamantium metal clean out of his body), Wolverine was still saddened that it came down to Magneto having to be killed.

If he was up against Spidey, I don't sincerely think Wolverine would kill him of his own free will. I think however, if it was one of those Spock vs Captain Kirk-type fights, then I'd say Wolverine would eventually kill Spidey, because Wolvie couldnt be killed even if Spidey tried.

wolverine8888
wolverine fought spider man twice and won both times lol so why put this up

who?-kid
Is that so? Funny I remember a scene where Spider-man humiliated the entire X-men (including Wolverine). Spider-man just laughed at his claws and punched him away like Wolverine was a bug or something :-)

And when Wolverine fought Spidey on that graveyard, Spider-man was still standing, not Wolverine !

What is Wolverine going to do to Spider-man? Try to attack him with his claws. We are talking about trying to attack a character that moves so damn fast he can dodge bullets. Furthermore, Spider-man has a built-in alarmsystem !! And, last but not least, he is waaay faster and stronger than Wolverine, I really hope nobody doubts this. Spider-man can press 10 tons, Wolverine not even 1 ton.

Yes I know that Wolverine has great senses, but that won't help him against Spider-man. It mostly helps him when tracking somebody. In a direct fight however, it isn't of much use.

Spider-man will be all around Wolverine, and will hit him lots of times. Wolverine can't even touch him !!! I don't say Spider-man will have it easy, but on paper, he definitely wins.

wolverine8888
dude he beat spider man in the wolverine vs spiderman ask any one u brobly saw the fake one going around. also woverine can left over a ton ur so stupid u dotn even know spiderman stats no reason u should even talk. spiderman beat the x-men in the show idiot not in the comic. in the comic wolverine wasent even there.

wolverine8888
in wolverine vs spiderman spider man states that wolverie was the fast guy he ever fought and the msot deadly. also he said he ahd to turn off any thing but his spider sense because wolverien he said was some how makign him slow and it end up wolverine hand up to spiderman face wich he coudl ealsy throw his claws throu and spider man with wolverine throught. of course spider man dident know he couldent break wolverine neck so wolverine and hims top fighting even thou wolverine could of kill him and spiderman never would of tyed to kill wolverine even thou if he did try to break wolverine neck it wouldent of happened.

wolverine8888
stop fighting even and als tryed to kill both were typos sorry

Never
who?kid - you are absolutely correct. Period.

You are talking about that one-shot, right? Do you recall the name? He knocked Wolverine out in that comic book - punched him and Wolverine's head broke a headstone.

I had this comic book in the early-mid 80's but lost it sad

who?-kid
Sorry that I have to disappoint you, Never, but I don't have the comic. I read it years ago, on holiday, and it made quite an impression on me.
The story wasn't too bad, and the artwork was also good, but the fight kicked ass. I think it was Amazing Spiderman NR 6 1990, but you don't have to believe me, cause I'm not certain. Another source (I asked somebody) tells me it dates from february 1987. Again, it's just guessing.

But now that I think of it, I'm not so sure whether Spider-man was standing or not. The way I remember it now, Wolverine was laying on the ground, with Spider-man on top of him giving him all he has. It's true that Wolverine kept smiling, but I don't think he was able to do something else. If Spider-man was willing to break his neck, he would have won. But it ended in some kind of draw, like most superhero-battles...

PS: I also remember that Spider-man had certainly his hands full with Wolverine, and that for some stupid reason, they made Wolverine lots faster than he really is.

DarkCrawler
Wolverine cant lift over 1 tonnes, wolverine888.

rapierwit
all animals are dominated by greater intelligence, their superior physical abilities are easily over come. Spidey destroys him, he is not only vastly smarter but has superior physical skills.

Never
Unless Wolverine has been upgraded he cannot even lift one HALF of a ton.

wolverine8888
ok wolverine fast punchign wise he nto running wise that why also wolverien had his hand right up to spider man heck he could of shot his claws right throu spider man neck. I sure wolverine could do that be for spider man could break his neck. also lol u cant break wolverine neck it un breakable rmeber. also wlverine got the metal taken out of his neck and some one did break it and he just healed it right up.

FrothByte
ok people, get a hold of these facts:

wolverine can lift 800 lbs. spiderman, 10 tons. im sure those who know their statistics should know this.

I think wolverine is a bit over rated in this thread. I'm a big wolverine fan and i really love his bad ass attitude... but thinking over this objectively, i don't think he has much of a chance against spidey (sorry guys). Spidey is just too agile, too fast, and too strong for wolverine.

the only potential harm that wolverine can do to spidey is his claws, and thats if wolverine can catch him. wolverine is a better hand to hand fighter but spidey can knock him clear out... or bore him to death with his wise cracks. wolvi could win if he makes 1 good critical hit with his claws, but i wager spidey could hit him 5 or more times before he could actually connect and wolvi'd probably be knocked out by that time.

wolverine8888
dude wolverine can lieft at least 5000 pounds it stat in the game the new marvle one and the book if very good it liek a over view of every character if any one wants me to give name of book I will ok just say so. also woverine is not peak human strenth for all who think that he a step a bove that

wolverine8888
he the strongest person in enchance humans

Never
Correct.

LoL @ 5,000 lbs...

wolverine8888
dude spider man guide say 50 tons smart one. ebast in x-men ultimate guide can lift 10 tons so stop talking. also I al ready shown u ****ign prove wolverien throu hulk dumb ass also it say wolverine can lift 5000 pounds.

tkitna
Spiderman would win. He's too fast and too strong. Another factor is that Spiderman seems to be afraid of Wolverine. This can be a positive in a fight.

Rogue Jedi
wolverine is a pure fighting machine. even so, spider man is on a whole different level. it would be like pitting the flyweight champion of the world against lennox lewis.

beavis46
spiderman physically has the advantages,hes over six times wolverines stength aand is a hell of a lot faster wolverine however has the mental advantage,like spiderman being afraid of him and not so ruthless.its a draw everytime

beavis46
if it was to the death though,wolverine would do it but that would never happen

Rogue Jedi
wrong. if it was to the death, spider man would realize that and fight to the death. if he said "screw it" and opened up a can of whup ass on wolvie, wolvie couldnt touch him. spider man can lift buses!!!! anytime wolvie gets close, all spiderman has to do is web swing away and attack from a diferent angle. spider man is stronger and faster. if he webs wolvies arms to his sides, wolvie cant use his claws. and he also wouldnt be able to break free of the webing. all spider man would have to do then is move in for the death strike.

beavis46
yeah on paper spiderman would win but wolverines way to popular to get beaten that badly so that wouldnt happen and itd be shown to be even.if wolverine was just another villain,spiderman would whup him but he's one of the most popular

Spider-Dan
Just so we're all on the same page...

Wolverine's Stats

Spider-Man's Stats

Spider-Dan
Just so we're all on the same page...

Wolverine's Stats

Spider-Man's Stats

wolverine8888
that page is bull shit how about u look at marvle.com those stats are a over look at each guy. also wolverine was winning the fight is spiderman vs wolverien and in another fight wolverine winning bye just using his fist cuz spider man thought wolverien was imposter but then soon relize he not cuz wolverine like start beatign hsi ass then pulls out his claws just to prove it him

Spider-Dan
All the information from that site comes from "The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe." Spider-Man can lift 10 tons and Wolverine can lift just under half a ton, get over it.

'nuff said.

P.S. Give me a link that from Marvel.com (not marvle.com) that proves your findings.

beavis46
it doesnt say anythimng about wolverine being stronger at marvel.com and his strength is lower than spiderman there too.

wolverine8888
dude ok u are rong first off I have the up dated a dicion second off that is not the offical sight u idiot. so why sate it is. u ever even look at the up dated books dident think so ur a morron

wolverine8888
marvel dictionary is not offical marvel.com is. also the info on how mcuh people lift are in the offical guides.

beavis46
learn to spell like someone over the age of three and maybe people will respect ur replies and "moron" is spelt with one r not two-moron!

wolverine8888
hey I relay dotn care if I spell rong lol as long as I knwo what I am talken abotu why care and it on line lol i dont think I need tos pell eevry word right.

who?-kid
Red Superfly, I agree with most of your points, but I don't agree with you when say that nobody can truly kill Wolverine.

That's absolutely not true. These are some ways to kill Wolverine:

1. You can strangle him
2. You can drown him
3. you can rip out his heart. Granted, it won't be easy with the adamantium skeleton in the way, but it can be done.
4. you can throw him out in space - no air there
5. you can poison him - he is resistant to most poisons, even the deadly ones, but I'm quite certain a special poison can be made
6. you can wound him so badly (doesn't matter where) that he loses too much blood. That's the most realistic way to kill Wolvie, I think.
7. throwing him in a volcano might also work

Don't get me wrong, I love Wolverine and I don't want to see him dead, but nobody ever said that he was immortal, cause he isn't. He ages very slowly, and heals extremely quickly, but can be killed. His healing system is both wonderful and unique, but it isn't so that it is able to cope with every kind of injury.

See you.

mailedbypostman
True. Remember, when magneto stripped wolverine of his adamantium skeleton, he was badly injured and had to be treated quickly or he would have died.

Spider-Dan
Spelling correctly helps us to understand the nonsense that you write. I'm done dealing with you. You are the biggest idiot I've ever had to deal with on-line or off.

Goodbye Wolveridiot888. fyou

wolverine8888
sider-dan u are a moron u think spider man can only lift 10 tons lol he max is 50. beast max is 10 ur a funny dude u know that

Never
Spiderman can lift 50 tons? Oh REALLY?

Spiderman's abilities:

Spider-Man's musculature has been augmentedso that he can lift (press) about 10 tons.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/spiderman.htm

Strength Level- Superhuman Class 10

http://www.encyclopedia4u.com/s/spider-man.html

The radioactive spider that bit Peter transferred its characteristics into his 'puny' DNA. Among these was the proportionate strength of a common house spider. >>>His enormous spider-strength allows him to lift or press 10 tons or more<<< (if he's under stress), and perform all kinds of life-saving feats (including lifting buses and shielding little kids from falling debris.)

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/himself/powers/index.html

Beast can lift 10 tons? Oh REALLY?

The Beast has the superhuman strength, agility, endurance, speed and dexterity. He is strong enough to lift (press) 2,000 pounds.<<<<

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/beast.htm

That is ONE ton, MORE than WOLVERINE can lift.

Now shut up until you learn a thing or two about comics, mmkay?

beavis46
yeah wolverine888 needs to grow a brain badly,gives wolverine fans a bad name

Rasta
Haha, this is hilarious. Wolverine8888 is the biggest retard I've ever seen on the internet, and that's really saying something.

kal-el
come on guys.I disagree with absolutely everything the guy said too but you really shouldn't post just to bash him.please don't call me a p*ssy by the way. I hope I don't end up bashing him myself now!

Gregory
If you really think someone's input is worthless, just put him on your ignore list. There's no need to be mean to him.

SuperDarryl
Wolverine would own Spiderman, Spiderman would be tasting razor sharp adamantium, in a fight with Wolverine. Spiderman may be able to dodge Wolverin for a little while but in the end Wolverine would come out on top with Spiderman blood dripping from his razor sharp claws!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>