Obi-Wan's spaceship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Seen this on SW.Com? Check the episode 2 vidoes section. I cannot believe this has not been mentioned before.

So, we know:

It is a Jedi Fighter
Obi-Wan flies it
It has an R4 unit
It looks like a small Star Destroyer
It amuses Ewan McGregor...

I hear a RUMOUR that it is called the Kyber Dart, which would mess up a few things... to my amusement...

Any more info on this would be appreciated.

Dim
Ush, do you know where there's a pic of that spy photo of that ship at the Sydney studios?.. I was going to find it and post it...but I don't know where it went to.
I honestly think that it might be the right ship.
As for the name Kyber Dart..I was thinking about the possiblity that the jedi also use the crystals for weapons on their fighters..or maybe the energy supply of the fighter itself.

Jameous Woodshire
Wow! That video was the most info in a long time! big grin

It was a nice change from just saying 'I can't tell you what I'm doing' stuff in the Ahmed Best Videos.

Anyway, I got a list of abunch of shots that I have to go through, I might be able to find more spy shots of this craft.

MTFBWY!

Ushgarak
Cheers guys

Do you think it looks like something that would be called the Kyber Dart?

And keep up the good ideas, Dim...

razman
Pour vous:
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/ep2-prop.jpg

The original article was at AICN, dated May 2000.

Darth Pants
Kyber dart would be a good name, but it could be too violent for the Jedi's liking. I'm worried Obi Wan will turn out to be a more flashy pilot than Anakin. That would scramble my original ideas about the prequel trilogy. Something else which people don't seem to have mentioned, in some pictures, it has what looks like an imperial symbol on the side.Hmmm.

Ushgarak
That HAS been mentioned, but it should be re-capped here.

It DOES appear to be an Imperial sig, however:

1. I see no reason why the Reoublic and Imperial sigs can't be the same

2. It has been rumoured that it is actually a top-down diagram of the Jedi Council Chamber.

jabba
It's exciting to see a new ship and a jedi one at that..just one question..why does Obiwan need to wear his robes when piloting his ship? Surely they would get in his way..where is a swanky new jedi pilot suit..that would be cool!! big grin

Dim
Oh I don't think that they'd be that bad..just as long as he doesn't wear his outer robe... My question is..if OB1 is a pilot..why didn't he fly him and Qui-Gon in TPM? Just didn't have a ship?

Plus I still think we need to consider what kind of weapons it would have.

Oh, and I would think Kyber Dart would be a apt name for a jedi ship.

Darth Pants
Looking at some close-ups of the ship, it seemed to have a small laser like device on the side, at the bit where it stops tapering out and goes straight.
Please tell me that Obi Wan won't be wearing that ridiculous helmet that he's seen wearing in some pictures. It was huge, like something off Spaceballs. Plus, along with the simple brown Jedi clothing, it looked well out of place. Some pictures showing him in the cockpit looked groovy, though.

Ushgarak
Ewan didn't seem to like the helmet either...

Ushgarak
It was a laugh watching him with that helmet, though...

Dim
Where were these pics?..I never saw them.

Darth Pants
Check out:
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?action=getstory&storyID=10315

There's a list of photos. The one we're referring to is called "Do I look funny in this thing?" and the answer is yes, he does.

Dim
Hmmm..yes..yes he does.. laughing out loud

Hey..does anyone know anything about the Khybers?.. I found a reference when looking for weapons but it I was wondering more about the people.

DJ Velocity
I just looked at the pics and saw a beardless, shaven-headed Ewan. Whats that about? Could he play a clone of himself too? confused

Ushgarak
No, that's a more recent interview. Ewan is now doing other work that requires him to look different.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.