Will anyone go to their countries premier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
I'm hoping to catch the UK premier of Episode-II in London. I just want to take loads of pics of the stars going in and possible catch some video footage as well. Any one else doing this in their country?

finti
No stars will ever show up in Norway, but I do want to go to the premier. TPM`s premier was awsome, the used the Oslo spectrum, which is used for conserts and stuff, put in a huge screen. The best sound system and then it was ready for 6000!!!! Star Wars crazy fanatics. You should have heard the roar of the crowd when thew text episode 1 appered.

Ratcat
I expect the London premier will be at the Odion in Leicester square, it's great cos they can't close the whole square so the just put upo low fences around the front so all the crowds can get and see all the stars.

Jedimaster3838
I would love to go to the premier in the states, most likely in New York or LA but money and time always seem to come into play. For TPM a couple local theaters had early screenings but I couldn;t get tickets, that won't happen again, I'll make sure of that.

theEviljedi
Didn't they have one in Denver? If they have another, I'll bug my parents into letting me go.

Darth Daft
Ya know, I think I may try to get to the premier, yes. It'll give me a chance to boast to everyone that I've seen all the celebrities.

theEviljedi
Unless I have exams,I will most likely be able to go next year...unless it's somewhere far away from Louisiana.sad

UnknownBountyHunter
I saw TPM first in Denver. I flew there to watch it, because my friend's still lived out there. Anyway, in Germany it won't be out until 2003 probably sad So I am planning on flying to New York to see it premiere since it always comes out there first! smile

Dim
I'll just go see it where ever it's playing near me..Hopefully I won't still be in Idaho..but if I am..I'm sure the Edwards 14 theater will show it..smile Of course I say that and they WONT show it..in that case I'll drive to Jackson Hole or Salt Lake City if I have to..smile

Ratcat
I would imagine it will be hard to find any cinema with more than a few screens that doesn't show Episode-II at some point.

queeq
I bet there are no stars in the Dutch premiers. None from the movie that is. There were none for TPM. And I won't go. I'll just go to the very first pre-premier viewing, which was at midnight, the night before it opened last time. That's what I will do again.

queeq abides

Dim
I went with my husband for our anniversary...That won't be happening again...

Ratcat
I'd like to fly stateside and catch one of the first performances.

Dim
You can come stay at my house RC laughing out loud

It would be cool if we could all meet somewhere and see it together...I know I know..keep dreaming..roll eyes (sarcastic)

theEviljedi
Yeah that would be great.laughing out loud We would talk nothing but Star Wars.laughing out loud

queeq
Guess I'll stay home then. laughing out loud

queeq abides

finti
Ha ha ha good one queeq!!!!! rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Raz
I'll probably be going to America to watch it, unless the "One World, One Release" campaign is successful.

Boshuda
I would love to go to the world premiere and take my seat next to George on one side and Natalie on the other!!
....but I suppose i'll have to make do with seeing it at my local cinema here in Wakefield, England....or maybe at the THX cinema in Sheffield a few miles away!

Gundark
Yeah, that would be cool if we could all meet to watch it together, we'd be a bunch of magpies. I might be able to get my brother to go to New York with me to see it...maybe GL will send us a private invitation. smokin' (yeah, right Gundark...you are really loosing your marbles now)laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Well, I might be tempted by Gundy's food to come over. But that's it. The One World, One Release must be succesful. If Disney can do it, than GL should certainly be able to do it.

queeq abides

JediSith
I'll probably go to new York and see it. Not as far a trip for me as it seems it is for others here smile

Ratcat
With recent developments I hope I can be in the US for release day.

queeq
Lucky you. How about your kid? Will he come along or will daddy leave him behind, just to see SW? laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
Just me and a select few... wink

It doesn't cost that much for a flight and a hotel. I would love to take Ben, but he'll be in school so he'll have to wait for the UK release. Being the responsible parent and all that.

theEviljedi
I have been wondering about this lately, RC. Did you name Ben after Obi-Wan?

Ratcat
Sorry no we didn't.

Actually, at the time Ben was born in 1995, Star Wars fandom was probably at one of it's all time lows.

Though I hate to admit it here, for fear of the flaming I will get, I was actually more into Star Trek at this time and Ben was actually name Benajamin after the character of Benjamin Sisko played by Avery Brooks in Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

queeq
At least you were converted in time. laughing out loud Leave behind that old life of yours, hehehehe.

And it's quite good you choose the name Ben, it goes both ways now.

queeq abides

finti
Star Trek!!!! "help me Obi-Wan you`re my only hope"

queeq
Oh finti, I bet we all have things we did in the past we are so NOT proud of. Let RC have his. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
I just KNEW I was gonna get slated for that....

Anyway, what was the topic????

UnknownBountyHunter
Hey Raz, do you know where I can promote the "One World, One Release" smile I wouldn't mind being able to witness Europe getting a piece of the cinematic pie, since we can only watch as movies are released in New York City and Los Angeles early sad And no mention of STAR TREK!! *Hack* *Cough* *Wheeze*~~....

Raz
I think the only thing we can really do is sign it and possibly link to it.
The campaign would be more successful if TF.N were running it, as they probably influence LFL the most.

BTW, if you haven't signed it yet click on the banner below:
<a href="http://www.starwarsnews.de/release/english.html">http://www.episode-ii.co.uk/images/misc/oneworld-onerelease.jpg</a>

queeq
I think TF.N has the link up somewhere. It was through TF.N that I got there to sign the register.

queeq abides

Dim
I hate to be the Bummer...but I hope you guys aren't getting your hopes up with the One World, One Release idea..

JediOasis
I agree Dim. I guess I don't really understand seeing as how I live in the US, but I really don't think this will work. Don't get me wrong, I wish that it would, I even signed the thing, but Lucas doesn't really care. But "hope is a good thing, maybe even the best...."

Ratcat
True, well at least it will be an excuse for a trip. smile

finti
If it isn`t released all over as a one release all the surprises will be lost on us poor European since all the "yanks" will torture us with what they have seen and us just to second guess.

They managed to do it with Hotel New Hampshire, why not ep2?

queeq
Well, by signing it I can at least say we tried. And Disney did it as well, so if GL likes competing a bit and do his fans a favour, he can release it worldwide.

queeq abides

Gundark
I bet George waits til ep3 to do it cause it will the last film.

queeq
If he does that, then he's a coward.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Cowardise can have its moments...

queeq
When?

queeq abides

UnknownBountyHunter
Monday Mornings?

queeq
laughing out loud

queeq abides

Dim
Can you imagine how the press junkets would be if the film was released worldwide?...they wouldn't be able to cover it all.

Ratcat
And what about all the prestigious premiers. The stars could hardly be at a US and a UK premier at the same time. Then there's other cntries too.....

queeq
Excuses, excuses. All that can be solved. I want that World Wide Premiere, and I want it now!

I can't have people like EJ, Gundy and Dim see Ep2 before I do. laughing out loud

queeq abides

finti
Right on queeq, unity under the sun!!!!!!!!

Dim
Well..then come to NY...jeesh, it's that simple laughing out loud laughing out loud

yodaman
Actually I think it's been said that there certainly won't be a world wide release of episode II.

Oh, and hi queeq and Dim. big grin

COREWORLD
Oh geez! Really? Well we'd better start campaining for Episode III then!

finti
Whimps! What`s the problem with releasing the film all over at the same date?

queeq
There isn't. They just want us to spend even more money on SW than we already do.

queeq abides

finti
Well I want it as the same time as the yanks or it`s going to be the same as TPM: All secrets revealed..sick

queeq
I don't mind that. I'm spoiler happy, I just don't like waiting for something others have already had the opportunity to see.

queeq abides

Dim
And I'm going to make sure to tell you aaaaaaaaaaaaall about it stick out tongue

Hi yodaman!!!!! rolling on floor laughing

finti
I knew it.
*finti is constructting a develish plan, a real cunning one even for a sith*evil face evil face x2

queeq
Can I join you in your scheming, finti? I don't want to go over to the US and watch it with Dim. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
Hmmm, the worldwide release thing is a nice concept, but unworkable from a promotional point of view.

I think New York is a superb idea, after all it was mine originally in another thread.
laughing out loud

queeq
That figures. laughing out loud

But that is BS of course. Disney did it, so why can't LFL. I'm not waiting to see some actors parade at a premiere, I just want to see the movie.

queeq abides

finti
Unworkable from a promotional point of view? Are you kidding me what better promotion can one get. Can you imagine the fuzz and exitement an all around the globe release would be.
Yes queeq you can help me with the cunning plan, seems like the brits are teaming up with the yanks. be aware of skating siths.laughing out loud eh no cloggs this time queeq.

Dim
Hmmmm..finti's lost it laughing out loud

Forget everyone else...I say we demand a premiere..all together..at Skywalker Ranch...NOW!!! laughing out loud

finti
ahh that`s an interesting idea.smile smile smile

queeq
Nah, I want it right here, in my home town, so I'll be back in time for a late showing of Buffy.

queeq abides

Dim
laughing out loud Oh NOW I've heard it all!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.