How canonical is the Official Website?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ratcat
I raise the horrible issue of canon on the website because there is a hell of a lot of being slipped into StarWars.Com that relates to events and characters, vehicles and droids, etc. The Anakin Skywalker Databank entry is VERY interesting as well.

DO we accept this as being canon unless proven otherwise or not?

Ushgarak
Tricky one that, It does appear the height of arrgoance to dispute the website, and of course the likelihood isn that everything printed there is true.

However, in a literal sense, it's not canonical, unless it can be shown that GL and the C&P department directly said or decided anything.

I think most of us will take what they say as true, but they ARE capable of error.

finti
I think all the info about everything that goes "ouside" the films are EU, even about episodes we yet have to see.

ratcat
OK, read teh Anakin datafile, specifically the bit about his injuries. That's what got me thinking.

krautrocker
one interesting thing about the databank isthe way it talks about (as it was in TPM) about how the council sensed his future to be clouded. Could this be palpatine using his powers to cloud anakins future, wanting the jedi to train him etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.