Yoda's Weapon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sparky12
please tell me what his weapon will be! in episode I, he's walking with a cane, but unless he really is the jedi mo-foin' master and doesn't need one, he's gotta have something. like lightning as the emperor uses in ROTJ when he uses a cane

Ushgarak
Someone PLEASE tell me that's not true and that Yoda's genius is shown in a sort of overall way rather than being a hard nut in a fight...

Gundark
Well ya gotta admit, he could do some major damage to your kneecaps.

razman
I think its rumored to be two small lightsabres. Supposedly he will fight Count Dooku.

JediOasis
Yeah, I can't see Yoda running around like Sonic the Hedgehog as described in the "script." I wouldn't mind seeing him weild a lightsabre just not the way its been described. I hope that if he fights in only in defense and never attack.

krautrocker
do you remember him saying 'a jedi uses the force only for defense , never attack' Well think of all the times a jedi has used the force for attack that we are aware of? Obi wan in episode 1 kills maul, luke in ROTJ kills vader , you can't kill somebody if you are defending yourself. So saying as yoda says this after episode 2 i doubt we'll see him attack anything. He may well defend himself. What this is with i doubt we'll know much about till the film as these scenes are likely to be CGI's. Maybe he is so strong eith the force he can create a force bubble round himself to 'deflect any bombardment' from his attackers.

darth fester
i was thinking the other day what would be good is to have 2 jedis fighting with 2 lightsabers each like ikedo(dont know if thats the right spelling)
there could be a bg long fight with acrobatics and i think it would be pukka

what do others think

DJ Velocity
It would be interesting to see but highly unlikely. Jedis are not competitive, they do not wallow in self-accomplishment. "Sparring" would encourage this way of thinking, especially in untrained, force-sensitive minds. That is probably why Ben didn't knock Luke about, instead he let him take on a remote droid.

DJ Velocity
In fact, That could be a contributing factor to Anakin's "turn". He was very competitive (podracing) and once that is in you its hard to control. I wonder why Qui did not see this.

JediOasis
Yeah, I thought I read somewhere where Lucas said Anakin was kind of cocky, which is understood seeing as he is the Choosen One. Maybe after the Clone Wars he gets a real big head and somebody(Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace?) brings him back to Earth so to speak, and Anakin becomes angry....

darth fester
when i said 2 jedis i meant a goodie and a baddie

funny i was saying to my 3 year old son yesterday about the dark side and he said to me
is yoda on the light side
hahahaha he made me laught he also told me a ten minuite story about when he was a rebel and he had a lightsabre fight with storm troopers

Ushgarak
Yoda is a pacifist, clearly, so seeing him fight would be odd.

However, it would not be in conflict with has views stated in ESB. Think in a more overall sense, not a specific one. Yes, they killed Maul, and all the other examples you can think of, but they did NO MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!

Jedi will never start a fight, but they will continue a fiht if it is necessary.

They are the Galaxy's peacekppers after all- the job would be impossible if they could not fight. Fightins is part of their training.

Yoda, on the other hand, is very old, would look very odd in a fight and exemplifies a perfect, passive Jedi. That is why I want his Mastery to be shown in THAT sense, not in a big fight.

Darth Pants
I'm sorry, but no matter how well choreographed it is, if I see Yoda engage in a lightsabre battle, I will die laughing. He's too small. End of story. No matter how many sabres he wields, he'll just look daft. Maybe he can unfold to battle size, like he's got telescopic limbs. laughing out loud Sorry for my sarcasm. With Yoda, you get the feeling he's so powerful that we'll never see his full ability. I think he should 'fight' using telekinesis, whether to knock foes around or to remotely control a lightsabre. However much people say that'll look stupid, think of a little green man screaming "Hmmmm!Get your ankles, I will!" as he runns to face a foe 3 times his height, and you will realise it is the sensible option.

DJ Velocity
Jedis are very deceptive. Look at how Ben spun that bull about his father being killed by Vader. Look at how Yoda didn't introduce himself to Luke on Dagobah. Jedis have been proven to deceive to "get the job done". Thats why I think what Yoda says can be left open not set in in stone. He could be a really nasty piece of work with a lightsabre but I personally think it would spoil the image we have all grown to love.

krautrocker
good point but the statement about a jedi using the force for knowledge and defence , never attack , seem to me to be more to do with the jedi code (something that is set in stone) than an attempt to keep the truth from somebody for their own good. Yoda was probably testing luke in ESB and Obiwan obviously was hiding the truth from luke for his own good

krautrocker
i seem to remember that in ESB luke makes the first move against vader and in ANH obi wan strikes against vader first. Even though vaders saber is ignited first it is obiwan who makes the first swipe , so that blows the whole 'jedi never make the first move' stuff. 'They are corrupt to the core and i want that scum brought to their knees' laughing out loud

Ushgarak
That's NONSENSE, KT. Don't get bogged down with that thinking; think in general. The aggressor does not necessarily make the first offensive move; that is EXTREMELY loose thinking. Think again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.